What should i pay for and learning stick question. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol thread derailed. As for stick, with gears you often will not stall in 1st. I can just let the clutch out in mine and it'll pull itself along just like an auto in the parking lot, I don't even touch the gas when I'm pulling out of a parking spot in 1st. Just let the clutch out slowly and confuse ppl at work who know its stick. And as for the money topic. I will never have a car payment again. Buy cash and buy used, deals are out there. For $9k you can get a VERY nice edge if you look and then save on insurance/interest and put what you would spend in car payments each month to mods. Yes the new 5.0 is a beast but like $400-$500/mo... no way in hell. I think slow4v got his Mach for $10k. That's what I would look for. Or a terminator if you are going to finance. Buy a mint one for $20k and then put the $9k into mods to put you in the 600+whp range.
I would but I really love the look of the 13-14 mustangs, I kind of know what you mean in you will never want a car payment. I hate having payments, that's why all the things I've buyed I paid cash, that's the reason I never built my credit.
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
If you have a 700 score or above, you can basically get 2 percent anywhere. It just requires the loan to value to be at or under 100 percent and sometimes it takes a little more effort from the finance manager. If the op got a bad interest rate with putting 9k down, he has bad credit. Buy a new car and youll qualify for fords first time buyer program which is like 5 percent no matter what your score is. That plus the rebates will most likely get you a better deal than you were offered. Thats what I did with my first car.
How can I apply to that program you said? For first time buyer and get 5%. my best friend is helping me in being my co-signer and she just told me her credit went down and that they added 3 other things into her credit like If I already buyed the car they offered me.... How can they even sent the bank to get financed if I haven't decided if I a want the car. I told them I'll get the car if I get a good deal, but they never game me numbers....
Old 10-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
How can I apply to that program you said? For first time buyer and get 5%. my best friend is helping me in being my co-signer and she just told me her credit went down and that they added 3 other things into her credit like If I already buyed the car they offered me.... How can they even sent the bank to get financed if I haven't decided if I a want the car. I told them I'll get the car if I get a good deal, but they never game me numbers....
Well they can't unless you filled out a credit app. Ask the dealer about the first time buyer stuff. I was under the impression you were offered financing already.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03

Well they can't unless you filled out a credit app. Ask the dealer about the first time buyer stuff. I was under the impression you were offered financing already.
He probably gave them the ssn and info for he and cosigner. First thing they do is credit check.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When we were negotiating for my GT Premium, they tried to get on on a 500 dollar registration fee by saying it could be 100 more, got that down to 250, tried to screw us over on rebates, and did screw us on the APR%, we should have had 1.9%, and they snuck in a 3.9% APR, after all that, we got it for 36,035, from the sticker of 42,635.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
When we were negotiating for my GT Premium, they tried to get on on a 500 dollar registration fee by saying it could be 100 more, got that down to 250, tried to screw us over on rebates, and did screw us on the APR%, we should have had 1.9%, and they snuck in a 3.9% APR, after all that, we got it for 36,035, from the sticker of 42,635.
What are all the options on your car?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
What are all the options on your car?
Recaro's, automatic transmission, Remote start, reverse sensing, Red Candy, and technology and navigation package.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I would but I really love the look of the 13-14 mustangs, I kind of know what you mean in you will never want a car payment. I hate having payments, that's why all the things I've buyed I paid cash, that's the reason I never built my credit.
IMO the 05-14 cars are pigs. The motor is amazing in the 11-up but they weigh too goddam much. There is a reason a cammed 2v can outrun a new coyote.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

IMO the 05-14 cars are pigs. The motor is amazing in the 11-up but they weigh too goddam much. There is a reason a cammed 2v can outrun a new coyote.
Lol wut? Cammed 2vs out run coyotes? Even if a cammed 2v out ran a coyote.. Intake and tune later and that won't happen again. Coyotes have gone as low as 12.36(record ET) bone stock on street tires. My 3:31 m6 5.0 went 12.84@113 on street tires, and during summer weather. I've seen supercharged 2vs run similar times to stock coyotes so I doubt that. Now, a 4v is a completely different story! But a stock Mach 1 is still not going to break mid 13s, even with a awesome driver. The terminator on the other hand can run 11s all day with bolt ons.. Just like a coyote can. That's more of a comparison IMO

Also, the average new edge with a driver and full tank of gas weighs about 3500lbs, and the average coyote with driver and full tank will weight anywhere from 3650-3800. So yes you can have as much as 300lbs more at full weight, but you also get almost 200+rwhp
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Lol wut? Cammed 2vs out run coyotes? Even if a cammed 2v out ran a coyote.. Intake and tune later and that won't happen again. Coyotes have gone as low as 12.36(record ET) bone stock on street tires. My 3:31 m6 5.0 went 12.84@113 on street tires, and during summer weather. I've seen supercharged 2vs run similar times to stock coyotes so I doubt that. Now, a 4v is a completely different story! But a stock Mach 1 is still not going to break mid 13s, even with a awesome driver. The terminator on the other hand can run 11s all day with bolt ons.. Just like a coyote can. That's more of a comparison IMO

Also, the average new edge with a driver and full tank of gas weighs about 3500lbs, and the average coyote with driver and full tank will weight anywhere from 3650-3800. So yes you can have as much as 300lbs more at full weight, but you also get almost 200+rwhp

Bone stock coyote automatic ran a 12.4 at Englishtown. Bolt on 2V with a 3500RPM stall ran 12.5. Cammed bolt on 2v ran 12.2. I'll forgo the $400/mo car payment plus whatever insurance runs you. I pay $20/mo for basic liability on my 98. IMO the lighter cars are better bases to build form anyway. Hell bolt on foxes making 225-240whp are in the mid 12s. I am NOT paying $30k for a 12 second 1/4....

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

From a roll the 2v will need alot more
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I had a cammed bolt on 99 gt and I can safely tell you that no, it does not go that fast. The most you get from cams, on the 2v, is 40-50 hp provided you get the head ported and polished and get a good tune. The best mod for a 2v is still a supercharger. Supercharger and a stage 3 cam would put you in coyote territory, but what the hell for .
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I had a cammed bolt on 99 gt and I can safely tell you that no, it does not go that fast. The most you get from cams, on the 2v, is 40-50 hp provided you get the head ported and polished and get a good tune. The best mod for a 2v is still a supercharger. Supercharger and a stage 3 cam would put you in coyote territory, but what the hell for .
For people who like to d* size I guess lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Bone stock coyote automatic ran a 12.4 at Englishtown. Bolt on 2V with a 3500RPM stall ran 12.5. Cammed bolt on 2v ran 12.2. I'll forgo the $400/mo car payment plus whatever insurance runs you. I pay $20/mo for basic liability on my 98. IMO the lighter cars are better bases to build form anyway. Hell bolt on foxes making 225-240whp are in the mid 12s. I am NOT paying $30k for a 12 second 1/4....
So pay 10-12k for the engine and be an 11 second car stock.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

The 11 up is a sexy, sexy car. 3 times a week at minimum I get told by randoms how nice it is. Wether it can be outran be the occasion new edge with cams doesn't matter. It feels very good to drive around in a car that everyone wants. I wonder how the GT500 guys feel getting out of that thing everyday
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
For people who like to d* size I guess lol
I loved my new edge just the way it was. It wasn't slow , but it wasn't extremely fast either. With cams, the sound was just amazing. It was bad on gas, it handled terribly and the braking was ****ty, but it loved it. It always started, it never let me down and with a small tool kit and the google machine, I could fix and mod most anything on that car. I remember reading a mod manual that I ordered with the comp cams that showed the cams from stage 1 to 3 in different engine set ups and what power they made with whatever they were fitted with. That's how I knew to go with a 75mm with my cams. Loss of power with bigger and the smaller diameters performed alright, but 75 proved to be ideal. They we're never able to put down that much power NA. The best set ups were full bolt ons, new heads , cams, supercharger and tune. Makes solid power after that
Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:

I loved my new edge just the way it was. It wasn't slow , but it wasn't extremely fast either. With cams, the sound was just amazing. It was bad on gas, it handled terribly and the braking was ****ty, but it loved it. It always started, it never let me down and with a small tool kit and the google machine, I could fix and mod most anything on that car. I remember reading a mod manual that I ordered with the comp cams that showed the cams from stage 1 to 3 in different engine set ups and what power they made with whatever they were fitted with. That's how I knew to go with a 75mm with my cams. Loss of power with bigger and the smaller diameters performed alright, but 75 proved to be ideal. They we're never able to put down that much power NA. The best set ups were full bolt ons, new heads , cams, supercharger and tune. Makes solid power after that
Sounds like the set up I'm going for minus the new heads
Old 10-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like the set up I'm going for minus the new heads
You'll love it. The sound is fun! I miss the old school lop. I'm thinking as soon as the warranty runs out, il be looking into cams for the coyote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You'll love it. The sound is fun! I miss the old school lop. I'm thinking as soon as the warranty runs out, il be looking into cams for the coyote
You will not get the lope sound from the cams, with the coyote. Unless you install lockouts and completely dellete the VCT.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:

Do u still have your 2v or did you get rid of it when you got your new car?
Old 10-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do u still have your 2v or did you get rid of it when you got your new car?
traded her in. Sniff
Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
traded her in. Sniff
I bet you don't regret it after driving your mustang (; ha...
Old 10-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

on Monday ill go back to know whats the final deal I can get it for, and yes they did ask for our ssn to check our credit. Just in case I don't get the car after all, will I ruin credit from my best friend? I don't want to ruin hers just because of my fault. But at the same time I don't want to get screwed over and pay a lot for something I know I could get it cheaper in another dealership. Here's a pic she sent me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1893056358.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	133170  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #59
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
on Monday ill go back to know whats the final deal I can get it for, and yes they did ask for our ssn to check our credit. Just in case I don't get the car after all, will I ruin credit from my best friend? I don't want to ruin hers just because of my fault. But at the same time I don't want to get screwed over and pay a lot for something I know I could get it cheaper in another dealership. Here's a pic she sent me.
That just means people checked the credit... Which should happen any time someone is making a big purchase or taking out a loan ect.... If there were no inquiries on the account then that would be weird.

HID end all thread
Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That just means people checked the credit... Which should happen any time someone is making a big purchase or taking out a loan ect.... If there were no inquiries on the account then that would be weird.
But will I still damage her credit? If not that would be great. I can always say no if I feel I'm not getting a good deal. That same day I had to leave because I had to go to work and he told me " fine well come back tomorrow so we can close the deal and take your car home, I'll have the car washed and with the tank full". I was like, hold your horses man I still haven't said I'm going to buy the car.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #61
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
But will I still damage her credit? If not that would be great. I can always say no if I feel I'm not getting a good deal. That same day I had to leave because I had to go to work and he told me " fine well come back tomorrow so we can close the deal and take your car home, I'll have the car washed and with the tank full". I was like, hold your horses man I still haven't said I'm going to buy the car.
They want the car sold more than you want to buy it... If you aren't getting the deal you want say your not interested and walk out. Come back a few days later and say you'll give them another chance because you saw this one at a dealer similar to that one but cheaper (they don't know if you did or didn't)

HID end all thread
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Just for yours and others info, everytime someone checks your credit, your beacon score drops a few points. Never EVER give your SSN to a dealer until you are sure you have found the right car at the right price, BC they send your info to 5,10,15, even 20 different banks to try to get to the best loan and every bank will run your credit. They can drop it significantly if you go to 2-3 dealers. I made that mistake when I bought my '11 3.7.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
The 11 up is a sexy, sexy car. 3 times a week at minimum I get told by randoms how nice it is. Wether it can be outran be the occasion new edge with cams doesn't matter. It feels very good to drive around in a car that everyone wants. I wonder how the GT500 guys feel getting out of that thing everyday
that happens with me at least twice a week
Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
that happens with me at least twice a week
In the back seat of course
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I'm not even gonna comment on that...
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Twice a week by the same two girls.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

The boy who cried threesome lol. Ahhh I'm just teasing. Hehe happy Sunday errbody
Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Happy Sunday indeed

Name:	ForumRunner_20131020_122412.png
Views:	76
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	133179

Name:	ForumRunner_20131020_122419.png
Views:	76
Size:	809.7 KB
ID:	133180
Old 10-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Happy Sunday indeed
Haha nice! Everytime I see your car, I kick myself for not buying a boss last year. There was a red 13 at the local ford dealer for a while and I didnt even stop to scope it out lol.

It's foggy here in Victoria. I may take some seaside foggy pictures hehe
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #70
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I agree the best setup is the supercharger. Still does not change the fact that I've seen cammed 2V cars go that fast lol. But cam and supercharger is kind of pointless with stock internals. I suppose if you got a good set of cams for $300 used and then did the install/degree yourself when you did the SC too and then got the tune done at the same time it would be good for off idle power with a centrifugal unit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion