Need some advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
Need some advice

Hello im new to the forums so not sure if this is the right section to post this in or not. Im currently looking for a new daily driver in the summer time. Im either going to get a 2014 v6 Stang or a 2004 Mach 1. The problem is im torn between the 2. The v6 would be brand new and have a warranty, but its a v6 and i really want a v8. On the other hand the Mach 1 is 10 yrs old and not sure how reliable it would be. I love the 03-04 Mach 1's and would love to have one. Oh and before u ask i cant afford 2014 GT its just to much money.

Any help would be appreciated ty
SavageStang14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you can afford a 2014 v6 the. Look for a 2011 5:0
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Whats your budget? 5.0s are becoming a lot more affordable recently.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I vote buy the Mach because they are just sexy as hell and I like them more than the S197 body style.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
That's a hard decision but I'd get a used 11-12 5.0 for around $20k
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
If you can afford a 2014 v6 the. Look for a 2011 5:0
+1111 used 5.0 can go for as low as 20k with low miles now a days
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #7

Around $20-$22k is my budget. Which one is easier to mod? This would be my first car that i would be working on and i want to do all the work myself.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The 5.0 has way more potential.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If you can't afford a V8, then you can't afford a older Mustang. It's a crap shoot on whether something breaks or not. Buy a V6 now and later down the line buy your V8.

Sounds like funds might be tight and it would in the long run, cheaper if you have a warranty on your car. Everyone except for me, thinks you should buy a V8. But your the one paying for it and they can be money pits. NOW IF SOME OF YOU V8's IN HERE, WANT TO HELP WITH THE PAYMENTS, PONY UP SOME CASH. Otherwise take the safe bet now and in a couple of years upgrade.

NUFF SAID!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
If you can't afford a V8, then you can't afford a older Mustang. It's a crap shoot on whether something breaks or not. Buy a V6 now and later down the line buy your V8.

Sounds like funds might be tight and it would in the long run, cheaper if you have a warranty on your car. Everyone except for me, thinks you should buy a V8. But your the one paying for it and they can be money pits. NOW IF SOME OF YOU V8's IN HERE, WANT TO HELP WITH THE PAYMENTS, PONY UP SOME CASH. Otherwise take the safe bet now and in a couple of years upgrade.

NUFF SAID!
Well his budget is 20-22k... And 5.0s can be had for that much nowadays.... Seems logical to get the V8 in this case.

HID end all thread
Old 10-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well his budget is 20-22k... And 5.0s can be had for that much nowadays.... Seems logical to get the V8 in this case.
Agreed. If he already wants a v8, even a more powerful v6 won't make him happy. Get what you want the first time and save yourself the regret later.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Agreed. If he already wants a v8, even a more powerful v6 won't make him happy. Get what you want the first time and save yourself the regret later.
X2!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

NUFF SAID!
Agreed except he can buy an extended warranty on the 2011 if he wants IIRC. Just needs to make sure its through Ford and not some third party where something breaks and they just say "not covered lol" and you're hosed.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Warranty are for people that dont intend to mod right away anyways
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Buy nice or buy twice.

I say if you really want a v8 go with an older 5.0 like others are saying.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Most guys that buy mustangs are car enthusiast. Most enthusiast take very good care of their cars. Mustangs are very reliable cars, I say if you want a V8 go for it. You will never be disappointed with an 8. Yes the new 6's are powerhouses, but there is that little something in a 8 that a 6 will never have.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #17

Thanks for the help guys ill start looking for a 2011-2012 GT. Hope can find one under 20k miles for under 22k.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

You should be able to. Just have to look a little bit.

HID end all thread
Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageStang14 View Post
Thanks for the help guys ill start looking for a 2011-2012 GT. Hope can find one under 20k miles for under 22k.
You can find so many like that. I saw a track pack one with 6k miles sell for 23k so they are out there. Be patient
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

What's scary is that you can now get a 2011 or 2012 5.0 with low miles for cheaper than some Terminators with low miles.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'd go for a clean low miles Mach-1 because of the collector value. It will hold its value more than a 5.0 which there are so many of. The 5.0 will be cheaper and easier to mod, but there's lots of potential in a Mach-1, they are very cool looking, most have been well taken care of. But if you plan to extensively mod, then the collector value of the Mach-1 will probably go out the door, unless you do like we did with our 96 SVT Cobra. Keep every original part and don't do anything that can't be undone. IMHO.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

I would actually love a 2004 Competition Orange automatic Mach 1 but it would be hard to beat a really clean Termi. You really do rarely see a nice Mach though.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I would actually love a 2004 Competition Orange automatic Mach 1 but it would be hard to beat a really clean Termi. You really do rarely see a nice Mach though.
I just saw a video of a bone stock mach with a two step and tires go high 11. There is a place in hickory north carolina that has like 20 of the best mustangs you'll find. Cobras, machs, 5.0s, everything. The website is cosmomotorsonline.com it blew my mind what they have.
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post

I just saw a video of a bone stock mach with a two step and tires go high 11. There is a place in hickory north carolina that has like 20 of the best mustangs you'll find. Cobras, machs, 5.0s, everything. The website is cosmomotorsonline.com it blew my mind what they have.
I've been there but they are expensive

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

They had a mystichrome Termi with like 100 miles on it. Still has the window stickers on it
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

I've been there but they are expensive

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

They had a mystichrome Termi with like 100 miles on it. Still has the window stickers on it
I went there and drove every mustang they had hahahaha all of them are low miles and are pretty much perfect cars. I almost got a mystic chrome convertible with the mystic seats it had 4k miles
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 10-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's a really nice website. The one on the other thread in Appomatox had nicer Cobras though, at least on the interwebs. I love dealers like this though. That Competition Orange Terminator they sold was hot but I think if I ever got a Termi it would HAVE to be a Mystichrome. 1 because it would make me keep the miles off it for fear of dinging the paint and 2 because that's going to be the rare one everyone wants in 20-30 years IMO.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a really nice website. The one on the other thread in Appomatox had nicer Cobras though, at least on the interwebs. I love dealers like this though. That Competition Orange Terminator they sold was hot but I think if I ever got a Termi it would HAVE to be a Mystichrome. 1 because it would make me keep the miles off it for fear of dinging the paint and 2 because that's going to be the rare one everyone wants in 20-30 years IMO.
I still want a comp orange Termi
Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it will! And it was a convertible at that. You hardly ever see them on the streets and all their cobras had pulley swaps or something. Most of them had around 500 to the wheels
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
Yeah it will! And it was a convertible at that. You hardly ever see them on the streets and all their cobras had pulley swaps or something. Most of them had around 500 to the wheels
I saw a Mystichrome on the highway about a month ago and even my car illiterate wife was like "I want that!" when I told her to watch the paint as it went by. Thing was effing sweet.

But getting her on board with a $20k car that will just sit in the garage is not going to be easy. My 98 is fine because I drive it alot and its my primary car unless its pouring or snowing nowadays. I might just get one next year when the bills are all paid off and be like "its here, have fun trying to get me to sell it".

Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I saw a Mystichrome on the highway about a month ago and even my car illiterate wife was like "I want that!" when I told her to watch the paint as it went by. Thing was effing sweet.

But getting her on board with a $20k car that will just sit in the garage is not going to be easy. My 98 is fine because I drive it alot and its my primary car unless its pouring or snowing nowadays. I might just get one next year when the bills are all paid off and be like "its here, have fun trying to get me to sell it".
Hahahaha yeah. I have hardly no bills so I pile them into my car haha I went from a 250 dollar payment to 500 and it kinda hurt....
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion