Looking at a new car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Looking at a new car

Hey everybody, I recently sold my POS 2011 gt and got a fusion but I'm considering giving it to my grandmother and shopping for a cobra. Don't know very much if anything about them but sense nobody really replies on the svt forum I'm putting this here. If anybody has the time to look up hi-end auto in virgina and check out stock # 1940 & 1956 and give me a little info on them it would really be appreciated. Thanks again

Inventory - Hi-End Auto Sales
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
#1951 is the one I would go with closest to bone stock. The other ones could have had a hard life. Alot of the cobras were abused. I know I abused mine.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Its a vert though. Idk how you are on verts. If you have your heart set on of of the other ones. Ask if they will alow a leak down/ compression test to be done
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Idk but i'm in love with 1940

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I love 1936. A little Mystichrome never hurt anyone. They are pretty distinct cobra models. I know it kind of dates them, but they are 10 years old and quickly becoming classic icons. Anyways cool stuff
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
#1951 is the one I would go with closest to bone stock. The other ones could have had a hard life. Alot of the cobras were abused. I know I abused mine.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Its a vert though. Idk how you are on verts. If you have your heart set on of of the other ones. Ask if they will alow a leak down/ compression test to be done
Ok i really appreciate it. Ya I really want a mystichrome, white, or sonic blue coupe but they are few and far between that havent lived a hard life. Not really a fan of convertible but if I was to get a convertible it would be 1812 but I can't figure out why its so cheap
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I love 1936. A little Mystichrome never hurt anyone. They are pretty distinct cobra models. I know it kind of dates them, but they are 10 years old and quickly becoming classic icons. Anyways cool stuff
I missed that one... An 04 Mystichrome is my dream car!

HID end all thread
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well actually, the mystichromes are typically babied by their owners. There's a registry of Mystichrome owners and I think there's a mustang forum with a Mystichrome section with lots of participants. I'm not saying that's always the case, but they're usually in good condition. This one seems like it as well.

The driver seat is a little worn in and the passenger side is just like brand new. My gt seats were waaaaaay more wrinkled than that and they had 55 k miles
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

There was a Mystichrome at the last show i went to... My heart stopped when i saw it drive by and change colors like 4 times as it did.

HID end all thread
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

If you get one that is pullied just ask them to do the leakdown/compression test.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate the help and if anybody has anything else thank you very much. I'm not in any hurry with this car going to shop and really find the perfect one. I want something you never see and I have never seen a white cobra in person so I'm focusing on that one 1st then sonic blue
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If you want something no one sees often go with the Mystichrome... Changed my mind, don't go with the mystichrome. I want that one.

HID end all thread
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you want something no one sees often go with the Mystichrome... Changed my mind, don't go with the mystichrome. I want that one.
Ya I do really really like the interior of the mystichrome, if I decide to go through with this I may go ahead and get that convertible. idk still have a lot of thinking to do and discussing with my girlfriend
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The only way i would get a mystichrome is if i had another fast car. That way it can be my baby/garage queen/show car.

HID end all thread
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only way i would get a mystichrome is if i had another fast car. That way it can be my baby/garage queen/show car.
I have a daily beater, 2005 taurus so this will only be ran during spring/summer/fall and put up all winter
Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Hey everybody, I recently sold my POS 2011 gt and got a fusion but I'm considering giving it to my grandmother and shopping for a cobra. Don't know very much if anything about them but sense nobody really replies on the svt forum I'm putting this here. If anybody has the time to look up hi-end auto in virgina and check out stock # 1940 & 1956 and give me a little info on them it would really be appreciated. Thanks again

Inventory - Hi-End Auto Sales
What was the matter with your 2011 GT?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
What was the matter with your 2011 GT?
any number of things when I traded it in. Grinding 2-3 and 4-5, had the ticking, left front wheel hub needed to changed, needed 4 rotors & pads (which I was going to upgrade any way), car belched white smoke under hard acceleration, drivers seat motor went out, brembo wheels were fading for a second time, transmission whined like I had a supercharger, interior rattled and plastic pieces were coming off, and it goes on and on. I chalk it up to me buying one of the first ones in early 2010 and they just hadn't got it perfected yet. It almost ruined me on mustangs forever but I still love my 2000 gt that I beat the hell out for years and it still runs fine so I'm going to buy another new edge
Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
What the hell is wrong with the first one? Black with red/black two tone interior, convertible, suspension mods already done and 18k miles for less than the ones you are looking at?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What the hell is wrong with the first one? Black with red/black two tone interior, convertible, suspension mods already done and 18k miles for less than the ones you are looking at?
Black is a common color.....

HID end all thread
Old 10-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Black is a common color.....
exactly right, if I buy one its going to be unique. As I say this if I find a nice black coupe I'm going to jump all over it
Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
1956 for sure
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Also that's an awesome bullitt. love those and one day I will have a 68 recreation
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Also that's an awesome bullitt. love those and one day I will have a 68 recreation
Thank you. I love the color especially.

HID end all thread
Old 10-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
These guys are not super far away either. I wonder how much they'd give me for my 98... Lol no, no more car payments. Although a Terminator is the one car I might make an exception for. Problem is I'd never want to drive the damn thing, I drive my 98 everywhere and if it gets some nicks/dings/road rash... well its a 98 GT.

And yes black is a common color but in all honesty how often do you see ANY nice clean Terminator? The only one I would not want is the 03 in whatever Yellow that was. Zinc or something? Friend at work had one and got a low mileage black on black on limo tinted black window 2011 confirmed good with none of the issues the OP reported and he loves it. Not as fast but there is something to be said about creature comforts. Our 94-04 cars do kind of have a Fischer Price interior lol.

Edit: Just got done drooling over that Mystic. Just get it, if you are looking in that price range anyway just get the rarest one. And it is correct that Mystic guys almost are always crazy about keeping those things in PEEERRFECT condition.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

How much does a leak down/ compression test cost on a cobra?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much does a leak down/ compression test cost on a cobra?
Depends on who does it. You can get the tools from your autoparts store and do it yourself. The compression test will be simple. But the leakdown test you will need access to a air compressor. Should be no more than about 10%
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The paint on the SB is definitely cleaner, the black car needs a good paint correction session.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion