2010 vs 2013 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quick search in your area found this just look around much better deals out there too.

http://m.cars.com/for-sale/index.htm...28202&partyId=
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol this guy has you all doing ALL his homework for him.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post
Quick search in your area found this just look around much better deals out there too.

Search car listing
Nice, Ill check out some others
DDAintJoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAintJoken View Post
Nice, Ill check out some others
just to give you an idea lol good luck with the decision keep us updated
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol this guy has you all doing ALL his homework for him.
Lol. Wait till he starts modding. Installation party anyone?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #41
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Lmao!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Just get the GT already. LOL I would search all of the mustang forums for a fully modded one. Once the 2015 comes out you will see a lot of modded GTs for sale.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
Just get the GT already. LOL I would search all of the mustang forums for a fully modded one. Once the 2015 comes out you will see a lot of modded GTs for sale.
Yep... I'll buy Rapinator's fully built turbocharged GT for $22

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Oops $22k lol
Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

I can't wait till the 2015 comes out. I can already see 11-14 prices tanking AND the 05-09s too because you KNOW there are plenty of ppl out there who have nicely modded 325whp daily driven S197s that are just waiting for 2015 to upgrade.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
If you have to ask if a new 5.0 is better than a 3V 4.6L then you have obviously not done ANY research lol.
He was originally asking about 2010 GT vs 2013 V6
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

He was originally asking about 2010 GT vs 2013 V6
If you can afford a new 2013 v6 than you can get a used 5.0 if you actually look around an do some research around your area deals dont just come to your door you have to put some effort in looking for one
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post
just to give you an idea lol good luck with the decision keep us updated
Ok I will. Once my first car finally gives, I will buy the stang. Ill keep yall updated
Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a 2010 GT and test drove many new v6s but I was sold on the sound of the GT and now that I have modded it quite a bit I have no regrets. Sure I would love a new 5.0 but that's coming in 2015 and I get so many compliments on the sound and look of my car I have zero regrets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131022_141830.png
Views:	153
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	133459
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

If you can afford a new 2013 v6 than you can get a used 5.0 if you actually look around an do some research around your area deals dont just come to your door you have to put some effort in looking for one
WTF are you quoting me for? I was quoting someone who was telling the OP a '13 GT was better than a 4.6L. When in fact the OP asked about the '10 GT vs. a 13' V6. My post had nothing to do about finding a deal on a used 5.0. I was correcting what someone posted. Misinformation for the OP.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

WTF are you quoting me for? I was quoting someone who was telling the OP a '13 GT was better than a 4.6L. When in fact the OP asked about the '10 GT vs. a 13' V6. My post had nothing to do about finding a deal on a used 5.0. I was correcting what someone posted. Misinformation for the OP.
Lol ok dobyGizmo OP subsequently asked:
Quote:
Ok, thanks for the tip. What if you had a choice between a 2010 gt and a 2013 gt, which would you prefer and why?
It just got confusing with all his questions about whether a 5.0 is better than a 4.6 is better than a V6 or is +100HP worth using premium gas versus mustangs with and without matte black stripes on black plus if a Martian from Mars driving the Lamborghini pictures earlier would rather prefer an American muscle mustang over his spaceship and should a mustang have 4 wheels or can it roll around on two wheels like a motorcycle while spraying NOS out the *** to use as propulsion.

Lol I'm cornfused
Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol ok dobyGizmo OP subsequently asked:

It just got confusing with all his questions about whether a 5.0 is better than a 4.6 is better than a V6 or is +100HP worth using premium gas versus mustangs with and without matte black stripes on black plus if a Martian from Mars driving the Lamborghini pictures earlier would rather prefer an American muscle mustang over his spaceship and should a mustang have 4 wheels or can it roll around on two wheels like a motorcycle while spraying NOS out the *** to use as propulsion.

Lol I'm cornfused
Im asking if its worth the extra $$? would I really notice horse power difference as a casual driver? I have no intention of racing, and would rather spend my money on accessories such as sound system and rims rather than mods. Apparently I went to the wrong forum
Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im asking if its worth the extra $$? would I really notice horse power difference as a casual driver? I have no intention of racing, and would rather spend my money on accessories such as sound system and rims rather than mods. Apparently I went to the wrong forum
Not that you went to the wrong forum. You're asking questions that no one can answer for you really. Is 7HP for $700(parts) + $300(install) worth it? To me no but to someone with $1M its just a couple pennies.

You're asking if a GT is worth paying premium gas for well research about the car would show you that you can run it with regular. And how can I or anyone honestly answer that question?

If you had a more specific question like if you wanted to have a car that can run 12.2s down the quarter mile and should you get a longtube header or shorty with your 3.73 gears and would that get you there.

That gives us something to work with.

But such generic and open questions like you had is almost like showing us a blank canvas and say what should I paint? You ask that question of course you'll get smart alec responses like paint your bare *** with a smiley face when your question that you meant was what can I paint for my wife that would be a nice picture to give her on valentines.

Question like is premium gas worth it for the extra speed... It's about $4 extra per tank and that's about $16-18/month or about $200 per year for +100hp and V8 rumble. $16/mo = 50 cents a day or so. But if u use reg unleaded instead of 420HP u get only 408 or 412hp.

I'm sorry I have to deal with people all day that just don't understand the power of some autonomy. The power of searching. They think that people in the company is there to answer any and all questions at their behest. And what's worse is they will ask the same question over and over.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not that you went to the wrong forum. You're asking questions that no one can answer for you really. Is 7HP for $700(parts) + $300(install) worth it? To me no but to someone with $1M its just a couple pennies.

You're asking if a GT is worth paying premium gas for well research about the car would show you that you can run it with regular. And how can I or anyone honestly answer that question?

If you had a more specific question like if you wanted to have a car that can run 12.2s down the quarter mile and should you get a longtube header or shorty with your 3.73 gears and would that get you there.

That gives us something to work with.

But such generic and open questions like you had is almost like showing us a blank canvas and say what should I paint? You ask that question of course you'll get smart alec responses like paint your bare *** with a smiley face when your question that you meant was what can I paint for my wife that would be a nice picture to give her on valentines.

Question like is premium gas worth it for the extra speed... It's about $4 extra per tank and that's about $16-18/month or about $200 per year for +100hp and V8 rumble. $16/mo = 50 cents a day or so. But if u use reg unleaded instead of 420HP u get only 408 or 412hp.

I'm sorry I have to deal with people all day that just don't understand the power of some autonomy. The power of searching. They think that people in the company is there to answer any and all questions at their behest. And what's worse is they will ask the same question over and over.
youre completely right. I did ask a generic question which was more opinion based rather than a specific problem. Ill check local listings to see what price would be better. Thanks for your help
Old 10-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
youre completely right. I did ask a generic question which was more opinion based rather than a specific problem. Ill check local listings to see what price would be better. Thanks for your help
Sorry brother but I had to pay my dues when I got blasted for asking questions that was really just me not wanting to research.

I was like "damn" why they so harsh until I realize that its not harsh. It's a life/modding lesson. If you don't understand and fully research the part or thing you want to do then chances are you may have bought the wrong part or installed incorrectly. People can tell you all sorts of things or opinions but you still have to own the knowledge as much as you own your mustang.

I'm assuming you're not a millionaire being that you have to seriously consider a $22k car. So it makes absolute sense to do research on your own and bounce specific questions for clarification. $22k isn't a small amount so I figure it would be best to do some research on the web.

Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm blasting you. I'm not. Nearly everyone here is to help you but like BQQ... If you want us to cook for you at least provide us the meat.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #55
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, you guys were doing ALL his research for him.

Honestly he should be using this website. Will have all the information he'll require and then some. Highly recommend it.

There are also these things called test drives.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said, you guys were doing ALL his research for him.

Honestly he should be using this website. Will have all the information he'll require and then some. Highly recommend it.

There are also these things called test drives.
Nah he's cool. Dunno how old he is... I think he's a he(?). Anyhow didnt check his profile but never too young or too old to get welcomed to the fold.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Hello guys, I am fairly new to this site and do not know if this thread exists or not. My debate is over the 2010 and 2013 mustangs. It will be my first car and I want it to be memorable. If I got a 2010 it would be a GT Premium, if 2013 then it would be a v6. What I am looking for is personal preference on the two cars: how do they drive, which one looks better, which one sounds better, exc. I have done my research and apparently the 2013 v6 has about 10 less horsepower than the v8, but I am sure they sound completely different. Thanks,
-Daniel
Wow, One of these threads. Let the games begin on this one. V6 Vs V8. Lol. OP, here would be my advice and I have a 2011 V6. If the 2010 GT is the same or similar price range as the 13 V6 I would purchase the 2010 with the understanding its in great condition and not ragged on like a prostitute. I absolutely love my 2011 V6 however if I could of purchased a new 2010 GT for same or ballpark price as I paid for my 11 V6, it would of been the GT. Sure, I could of back then purchased a 2007 GT pre-owned one for same or similar price as paid for my 11 V6 but not a fan of the pre 2010 body style. I love the look of the 10 plus models. I wanted similar GT power but only willing to pay V6 prices so the 11 V6 was a no brainer.

I absolutely love my 11 V6, however nothing takes the place of the V8 rumble. Also, It really depends on what plans and goals you may or may not have for your pony. Do you plan on power and suspension mods? What kind of power you looking for? Do you track race? Do you 1/4 mile drag strip race? Do you just drive to Wal Mart and back like me. Do you want to build a 700 HP monster?

Based upon how you plan on using the car it may be beneficial to purchase a Gt model and maybe not. You will love either car. Do you want to get your balls broken weekly by family members, co workers, neighbors, strangers about why did you buy a V6 mustang. Why didnt you buy the V8 model.

OP, since your new to the mustang world I'm gonna give you very valuable insight on something. No matter how powerful of a V6 mustang one may have, at the end of the day, its just a little V6. No matter if you have a 600 rwhp, 500 rwtq, 2013 V6, you only have a v6. A 2002 factory GT will always be more cool and manly because it has two more cylinders than my little 297 rwhp 11 V6.

Ford could build a 600 HP twin turbo V6 mustang and to the world, the reaction from majority is " You got a mustang with a V6, why didnt you get the V8"
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Hello guys, I am fairly new to this site and do not know if this thread exists or not. My debate is over the 2010 and 2013 mustangs. It will be my first car and I want it to be memorable. If I got a 2010 it would be a GT Premium, if 2013 then it would be a v6. What I am looking for is personal preference on the two cars: how do they drive, which one looks better, which one sounds better, exc. I have done my research and apparently the 2013 v6 has about 10 less horsepower than the v8, but I am sure they sound completely different. Thanks,
-Daniel
It really depends on what you can afford. The V6 has a warranty with it, so you wouldn't have to buy one. I wouldn't buy a 2010 GT but a 2011 would be in the ball park. You need to look at payments, insurance and dealer service. Since this will be your first car, go for the cheaper insurance. Contact your parents insurance company and ask your agent how much difference it will be in price.

ALSO, remember one ticket and you will be paying for it the next three years. SInce you probably don't have the money, keeping up a mustang, new or used, can be expensive. It's like a drug, once you start, you can't stop. Just look at what each person has done with aftermarket parts, wheels, exhaust, tunes, etc...

You could be looking at thousands of dollars.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

It really depends on what you can afford. The V6 has a warranty with it, so you wouldn't have to buy one. I wouldn't buy a 2010 GT but a 2011 would be in the ball park. You need to look at payments, insurance and dealer service. Since this will be your first car, go for the cheaper insurance. Contact your parents insurance company and ask your agent how much difference it will be in price.

ALSO, remember one ticket and you will be paying for it the next three years. SInce you probably don't have the money, keeping up a mustang, new or used, can be expensive. It's like a drug, once you start, you can't stop. Just look at what each person has done with aftermarket parts, wheels, exhaust, tunes, etc...

You could be looking at thousands of dollars.
Its like a cult on these mustang sites. Lmao
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah he's cool. Dunno how old he is... I think he's a he(?). Anyhow didnt check his profile but never too young or too old to get welcomed to the fold.
Yes, I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I am a junior in high school, but I enjoy cars. My brother has a 70' chevelle and thats when I started really digging muscle cars
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I had a V6, now I have a 2010 GT Premium. I'm never going back to a V6 (not hating on V6s).
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I had a V6, now I have a 2010 GT Premium. I'm never going back to a V6 (not hating on V6s).
I chose a v8 for a few reasons, I didn't want to be constantly defending a V6 mustang, even though they are great cars now, I wanted a 400+ HP car, we had enough money, and most important, insurance isn't bad for us (so glad I don't have to pay insurance) because my dad is listed as the driver for the insurance. Go with what you can afford, a 2010+ GT is great, but less than the 400 HP I wanted, 2011+ is better because of the engine, and you will have 412-420HPbut a 2011+ V6 is great for the price, MPG, and HP combination.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I chose a v8 for a few reasons, I didn't want to be constantly defending a V6 mustang, even though they are great cars now, I wanted a 400+ HP car, we had enough money, and most important, insurance isn't bad for us (so glad I don't have to pay insurance) because my dad is listed as the driver for the insurance.

Go with what you can afford, a 2010+ GT is great, 2011+ is better because of the engine, but a 2011+ V6 is great for the price, MPG, and HP combination.
I have to agree here and if one is looking for a 400 HP vehicle then a 2010 GT is not gonna get you there unless you go super or turbo charger which ain't cheap for them. OP if you don't care about that and not interested in modding the car and based upon your age (junior in high school) a 2013 V6 will be perfect for you. Stock 10 GT VS 13 V6 your talking maybe 2 to 3 tenths most 1/4 mile and that really depends on the V6 gearing. If the 13 v6 has 3:31 gears then its gonna be within car length of the GT. If you plan on modding car, the 10 Gt would be better overall if its the similar price as the 13 V6
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Junior in HS and Mustang GT insurance... have fun with that. I mean in some states it probably isn't bad but one ticket and you are going to need a vat of Analease.

Even a 2013 V6 ins't going to be cheap and being a Junior in HS, I'd recommend a sports sedan of some sort. ALSO being a Junior in HS you probably want a back seat lol. I had a Mazda 6 as a DD for awhile. Those things are surprisingly quick for what they are, great options, look good, roomy, reliable and cheap to own/insure/maintain.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Why do I feel like this guy hasn't done any research...?

Just friendly trolling, carry on

Ya plus the newer v6 will probably be the fastest car at ur high school. Mine is on the drag strip of course

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Dude OP aren't you glad we cleared the air here? Once you address the 10 ton elephant in the room about shyte we all can finally get past the expectations and the idiocies of being different.

Just go ahead and ask ur questions. It's always my experience that once you introduce yourself and state your value (ie knowledge and what you want and hope and aspire to at the very end) and you meet us halfway we are all (mostly) happy to share with you and way we can.

But key is you have to show that you're not just someone that will come and ask a few questions and then disappear. Welcome to ME and the mustang family
Old 10-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Junior in HS and Mustang GT insurance... have fun with that. I mean in some states it probably isn't bad but one ticket and you are going to need a vat of Analease. Even a 2013 V6 ins't going to be cheap and being a Junior in HS, I'd recommend a sports sedan of some sort. ALSO being a Junior in HS you probably want a back seat lol. I had a Mazda 6 as a DD for awhile. Those things are surprisingly quick for what they are, great options, look good, roomy, reliable and cheap to own/insure/maintain.
Agreed. I grew up watching fast and furious and wanting a honda civic so freaking bad. When it became time to drive. I could only afford something like a really old civic or a truck. I picked the truck and never even test drove the civic. Well when my wife start looking for a new car before we got married. I went with her. Her preivous car (dodge neons) were crap and didn't last long at all. I begged her to get a civic or accord (being more room and more power). We test drove them and neither of us were impressed. She ended up getting at Mazda 6 and she loves it. A lot of room and does have some get up and go.
But back on topic. I don't think op ever brought up the 11+ gt. So between the 13v6 and 10gt. Well id go 13v6 and when your money wise ready and older. Trade up to a 11+Gt.
Now to the guy that came in and wanted to know about 10gt vs 13gt or whatever. I have a 12gt. But I love the taillights of the 13. I like the hood vents of the 13. And I wish like hell I had the dash apps (premium) that the 13 had. Of course I am young also (23) and love gadgets. Other than those. They are pretty much similar. New will cost more. But if you keep them in shape. Newer should have a better trade in value (based on these model).
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. So I was trying to put myself in your shoe a bit OP (for your info OP mean Original Poster i.e. creator of the thread).

If you absolute max that u can spend on a car then:

Who's Paying?
1.) If parents or other than you then get the GT by finding an 11GT. Will be within a stone throw of $22k

2.) If you're paying then get the 2010GT. Has the look of 2011+ minus the motor but seeing that your young you may very well have the fastest car there anyhow. Has a very very nice sounding engine note and engine bolt on engine mods will have a slightly higher effect than on a V6.

3.) if you're not caring about speed then 2013 V6 or just about any V6 really.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #69
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Junior in HS and Mustang GT insurance... have fun with that. I mean in some states it probably isn't bad but one ticket and you are going to need a vat of Analease. Even a 2013 V6 ins't going to be cheap and being a Junior in HS, I'd recommend a sports sedan of some sort. ALSO being a Junior in HS you probably want a back seat lol. I had a Mazda 6 as a DD for awhile. Those things are surprisingly quick for what they are, great options, look good, roomy, reliable and cheap to own/insure/maintain.
Try being in Cali with a V8 Mustang as an 18 year old. The insurance companies should at least provide a bottle of KY

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

And if it's your first car don't get something really fast. If I would have started out with my mustang which only has 270 horsepower and 315 lb-ft of torque, I would have killed myself.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Ok. So I was trying to put myself in your shoe a bit OP (for your info OP mean Original Poster i.e. creator of the thread). If you absolute max that u can spend on a car then: Who's Paying? 1.) If parents or other than you then get the GT by finding an 11GT. Will be within a stone throw of $22k 2.) If you're paying then get the 2010GT. Has the look of 2011+ minus the motor but seeing that your young you may very well have the fastest car there anyhow. Has a very very nice sounding engine note and engine bolt on engine mods will have a slightly higher effect than on a V6. 3.) if you're not caring about speed then 2013 V6 or just about any V6 really.
I just look at the start if the thread again. Could of sworn the op was somebody else. But I was wrong. My b people my b.
OP. Get a 11+ gt if at all possible.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion