2010 vs 2013 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Ok. So I was trying to put myself in your shoe a bit OP (for your info OP mean Original Poster i.e. creator of the thread).

If you absolute max that u can spend on a car then:

Who's Paying?
1.) If parents or other than you then get the GT by finding an 11GT. Will be within a stone throw of $22k

2.) If you're paying then get the 2010GT. Has the look of 2011+ minus the motor but seeing that your young you may very well have the fastest car there anyhow. Has a very very nice sounding engine note and engine bolt on engine mods will have a slightly higher effect than on a V6.

3.) if you're not caring about speed then 2013 V6 or just about any V6 really.
My parents are matching the price of the car, and will give me a couple years to do it. They havent told me about insurance, so I get very puzzled when you mention insurance rates.
I KNOW Y'ALL ARE GOING TO YELL AT ME BUT.... Automatic or Manual?
DDAintJoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAintJoken View Post
My parents are matching the price of the car, and will give me a couple years to do it. They havent told me about insurance, so I get very puzzled when you mention insurance rates.
Automatic or manual, that depends. Do you have one arm, if so a manual wouldn't be the best idea because you would have to take your only hand off the steering wheel and shift the transmission. Of course unless you had a prosthetic arm.

Will you be driving in rural or urban areas? Do you do a lot of stop and go traffic ? Do you want to throw that b otch in drive and leave your hand on your monthly babes inner thigh, then auto may be your bag. Are you auto track racing? There really isnt any right or wrong answer, its more of a personal preference.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Automatic or manual, that depends. Do you have one arm, if so a manual wouldn't be the best idea because you would have to take your only hand off the steering wheel and shift the transmission. Of course unless you had a prosthetic arm.

Will you be driving in rural or urban areas? Do you do a lot of stop and go traffic ? Do you want to throw that b otch in drive and leave your hand on your monthly babes inner thigh, then auto may be your bag. Are you auto track racing? There really isnt any right or wrong answer, its more of a personal preference.
Do you have auto or manual? I havent driven manual in my life, is it time to start manual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Automatic or manual, that depends. Do you have one arm, if so a manual wouldn't be the best idea because you would have to take your only hand off the steering wheel and shift the transmission. Of course unless you had a prosthetic arm. Will you be driving in rural or urban areas? Do you do a lot of stop and go traffic ? Do you want to throw that b otch in drive and leave your hand on your monthly babes inner thigh, then auto may be your bag. Are you auto track racing? There really isnt any right or wrong answer, its more of a personal preference.
Lmao @ monthly babes inner thigh! But I agree with kona it's all personal preference a lot of people are gonna say get a stick but there not gonna do the shifting for u so u decide what would work best for ur driving style/commute/preference!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Do you have auto or manual? I havent driven manual in my life, is it time to start manual?
Is say go for the manual... They're a dying breed, and it's gonna be a thing of the past eventually... Plus ur gonna get a lot of cool points amongst your peers since it is manual... My 1st car was a manual, and it was cool experience points starting with a manual
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #76
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Try being in Cali with a V8 Mustang as an 18 year old. The insurance companies should at least provide a bottle of KY

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

And if it's your first car don't get something really fast. If I would have started out with my mustang which only has 270 horsepower and 315 lb-ft of torque, I would have killed myself.

I live in NJ, the only reason my ******* isn't completely caved in from the insurance rates here is because I have USAA, am over 25, 0 points and married. And I still pay $200/mo for 3 vehicles.

And lol, my first car was not a fast car but I got my first Mustang, a 91GT with mods, at 19 years old and nearly DID kill myself on multiple occasions.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
The ability to drive a stick would come in handy in case you ever need to drive some other car that was manual.

9 of 11 of my cars I've owned are manual. Not a big deal after a while
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
All mustangs should b stick shift ....... Lol!
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love it when my monthly babe is wear a dress when she rides with me but I digress
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #80
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Try being in Cali with a V8 Mustang as an 18 year old. The insurance companies should at least provide a bottle of KY

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

And if it's your first car don't get something really fast. If I would have started out with my mustang which only has 270 horsepower and 315 lb-ft of torque, I would have killed myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian13 View Post
All mustangs should b stick shift ....... Lol!
Nope, and the new 6 speed autos in those 5.0s are amazing. Gone are the days of the "slushbox" (that ended with the 4R) but there is something to be said about banging gears. All down to personal preference for a street car nowadays. Old guy at one of the tracks around here showed up with a brand new 5.0 auto last season and ran mid 12s all day.

If I was the parent in this situation though it would be a new V6 manual trans.

1- Its cheaper and less insurance and PLENTY fast for kid new to driving

2- Brand new=warranty

3- I will for damn sure make my kid learn to drive stick when she turns 16 and gets her permit. Well if they still make stick shifts in 12 years... Will also keep the majority of other high schoolers from asking to drive it if its something nice because they won't be able to.

But as I said before for someone who seems to know nothing about these cars and is brand new to driving. I still say go look into a sports sedan.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an auto because I'm not a fan of changing the gears. I would rather put it in drive and be done with it. But that's just me
Old 10-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have an auto because I'm not a fan of changing the gears. I would rather put it in drive and be done with it. But that's just me
You, I like you. What do you drive?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Since we are on the subject of auto's, I shifted my auto from S back to D while driving today ( I've done it before) and thought I smelt something burning, and I only lasted for a few seconds, and I had the AC on, so I assumed it was that, any guesses, transmission still is one, but I didn't try S again...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You, I like you. What do you drive?
Lmao. Thanks bro. I like me too. I'm actually a pretty cool dude when I'm not being my a hole self. Lmao. I have an 11 V6 bro. I'm a proud sixer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_172437.png
Views:	273
Size:	742.1 KB
ID:	133738

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_172528.png
Views:	261
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	133739

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_172606.png
Views:	254
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	133740

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_172628.png
Views:	267
Size:	522.8 KB
ID:	133741
Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. Thanks bro. I like me too. I'm actually a pretty cool dude when I'm not being my a hole self. Lmao. I have an 11 V6 bro. I'm a proud sixer.

Attachment 133738

Attachment 133739

Attachment 133740

Attachment 133741
That is sexy. Love the red disk brakes. I plan on getting some when I get my stang. Any tips for installation?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is sexy. Love the red disk brakes. I plan on getting some when I get my stang. Any tips for installation?
Thanks very much bro. Those calipers I had painted myself with the help my mechanic friend. I used the high heat brake caliper paint. Make sure you put primer on them first then apply the actual paint. Lol. I took my brake calipers completely off. The brake lines had to be bled dry. I wasn't taking a chance of getting red overspray on my ride. Lmao.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks very much bro. Those calipers I had painted myself with the help my mechanic friend. I used the high heat brake caliper paint. Make sure you put primer on them first then apply the actual paint. Lol. I took my brake calipers completely off. The brake lines had to be bled dry. I wasn't taking a chance of getting red overspray on my ride. Lmao.
I'm gonna have this airbrushed under the hood onto my radiator cover but less the snake. No snake but the Ford emblem with the pony replacing the snake.

Name:	BornintheUSA_zps313678e1.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	133742

Name:	bth_190.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	133743

Name:	p2_airbrushed_grilleponies_painted5.jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	133744

This will also be airbrushed on the grill pony emblem. The plasti dip will come off. Lol
Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I plan on getting this airbrushed onto the inside of trunk door

Name:   ForumRunner_20131007_000849.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  37.7 KB
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Lol then we'd both have skeleton ponies!
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
Lol then we'd both have skeleton ponies!
You like that do ya? Lol. That's bad a$$
Old 10-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You like that do ya? Lol. That's bad a$$
Yeah I got one on the front!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post

Yeah I got one on the front!
That same one. Was it airbrushed on too. Take picture please. I want too see it. Its so awesome
Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That same one. Was it airbrushed on too. Take picture please. I want too see it. Its so awesome
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20131024_184557.png
Views:	125
Size:	665.9 KB
ID:	133756  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

I want one
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered it online. Took about a month to get haha. And my coworkers put the cojones thing there tonight
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I got an auto because my fiancé (now married) wanted me to. She paid the $1,500 dollar difference (so note autos cost $1,500 more). I still wish I had a manual sometimes. But. I don't miss gears. I don't grind gears. I won't have to replace my clutch early due to trying to learn how to drive stick. Also. My wife has been able to drive me home several times when I shouldn't have been driving. It's got its pros and cons. These new auto are very impressive. A little sluggish (due to throttle response) when very first getting on it. Get a tune. And you feel like your driving a new car. It's cray cray (Louisiana term).
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
I got an auto because my fiancé (now married) wanted me to. She paid the $1,500 dollar difference (so note autos cost $1,500 more). I still wish I had a manual sometimes. But. I don't miss gears. I don't grind gears. I won't have to replace my clutch early due to trying to learn how to drive stick. Also. My wife has been able to drive me home several times when I shouldn't have been driving. It's got its pros and cons. These new auto are very impressive. A little sluggish (due to throttle response) when very first getting on it. Get a tune. And you feel like your driving a new car. It's cray cray (Louisiana term).
Ah the things men do for love, lol!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
Ah the things men do for love, lol!!
Yeah lol. I feel like I justified myself by getting her to pay the 1500. Lol
Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol!! Ya I know how it is I've been married 15yrs I'm trying to justify something once a week lol!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
Lol!! Ya I know how it is I've been married 15yrs I'm trying to justify something once a week lol!!
haha. Well we've been married since May of this year. So I'm trying to let her know what's up......Hasn't worked yet tho.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
haha. Well we've been married since May of this year. So I'm trying to let her know what's up......Hasn't worked yet tho.
Hahaha!! If you figure it out let a brother know ya! Lol!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmm I suppose trading in your wife was never an option on the table? So... Great choice then!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #103
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
People at my old High school (graduated this year) say that lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #104
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
People at my old High school (graduated this year) say that lol

Old 10-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
13 all the way
black09efgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion