My experience with MRT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My experience with MRT

I ordered some head rests. Yes, headrest from MRT. Mainly because they tilt forward and back as mine do not. The totaled out to be $267.73. I ordered them on 9/26/13. The invoice they sent me said shipped within 3 weeks. It's now 10/26/13. I gave them a call at the end of three weeks and they said, oh, it'll be ready on Friday. Here it is, on Saturday and no tracking number of any kind. The nice lady by the name of Charlotte said I can't cancel my order because they are custom made either. So as it's been a month, and they haven't shipped me a damn thing, I disputed the charge on my credit card. I have my money back, still no tracking number and they will no longer have my business due to their crack job policy.

It says you can return items and it'll be a 20% restock fee. BUT yet, all their items are custom according to Charlotte and can't be returned as there will be no other buyer. Well MRT, sell my headrest on eBay. And if they send it to me, I'll piss on it and return it.

Now also, my credit agent/ customer rep contacted them to dispute the charge. She had to get a hold of not 1, nor 2, but 4 PEOPLE! Just to tell her the manager wasn't in and they didn't know when he/she would be in. Sounds like a cut rate way to having crappy customer service. You tell me they are late, and I wait. And the promised date you give me, you can't even fulfill. At least my credit card company can do that. And hell, the lady was laughing with me at the fact that it takes a month just to make two pieces of square leather. I have my $267 back and if MRT has anything to say I'll bring up names and so will my rep. It's been filed and it's their move. As for my opinion, if you wanna wait a month for exhaust work or something as simple as headrest, shop MRT. If not, shop at LMR, CJ or AM.
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I speak for all when I say
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1416598551.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	134045  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Am has a similar item available.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/tmi-ti...lack-1012.html

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Lmao right!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
The only draw back to mine is a have rough leather, saddle color and white stitching. I saw AM but I don't have black :/ no matter, I'll buy a set of recaros :p
Old 10-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

The only draw back to mine is a have rough leather, saddle color and white stitching. I saw AM but I don't have black :/ no matter, I'll buy a set of recaros :p
Pics of your saddle interior?!!! I want that in my car!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Pics of your saddle interior?!!! I want that in my car!
You guys could trade seats... Hahaha
Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You guys could trade seats... Hahaha
That'll never happen lmao
Old 10-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll pay shipping both ways :p

Also I have carbon and chrome accents.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3346383377.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	134060  
Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What about base grey cloth?!?!?!? Hahahaha
Jk...
When I'm living on my own... I'm going take out the rear seats... And 6 pt roll cage... And some sort of racing seats....

People say "no roll cage in a DD"
You ought to see how I drive mine :p
Old 10-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Change your Credit Card number so no mysterious charges appear.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Change your Credit Card number so no mysterious charges appear.
From MRT? I'm through capital one so they will cover me and if need be sue them.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'll pay shipping both ways :p

Also I have carbon and chrome accents.
That's not saddle :/

This is saddle :p

Name:	ForumRunner_20131028_111124.png
Views:	176
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	134204
Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From MRT? I'm through capital one so they will cover me and if need be sue them.
Try thinking a little bit bigger. Say a employee would post your credit card on the internet.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's not saddle :/ This is saddle :p
Well MRT lied to me on their color chart. Tack another one on how MRT are complete crap.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Try thinking a little bit bigger. Say a employee would post your credit card on the internet.
Id sue them and they wouldn't like how the verdict ended. They may face life with the lawyers I have access to. To me they are crooks though. At least now.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well MRT lied to me on their color chart. Tack another one on how MRT are complete crap. ---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ---------- Id sue them and they wouldn't like how the verdict ended. They may face life with the lawyers I have access to. To me they are crooks though. At least now.
Watch out! We got a badass over here :p
I'm just messing with ya Coty :p
Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Update:

MRT shipped the headrests. Even after I disputed and got my money back. Charlotte called and said they shipped. I said to her in no crook and I disputed te charge. Meaning keep the headrest. It's been 2 months and they finally shipped this Friday. I told her, if you charge me I'll dispute again and I'll give the damn things back to you. If you give me a date at least hold to it. But even after I haven't heard from them, I suspected they said ok to the charge. But instead are trying to scheme me into fraud almost. She said it coat the company $50 to restock and another $12 to cancel the order from UPS and it's just costing them money to take back such a custom part. I don't really care about that. The fact I disputed the charge and said don't send them, they do it anyway. If it's so custom, sell it on eBay. It's not just made for my car. It's a stock leather oem saddle leather, you can sell it. It's not like white leather and a rare red stitching. Once again, don't deal with MRT as they will try and scheme you into credit card fraud purchases and obviously don't listen.

I mean she even said I disputed it 3 weeks ago. So that usually means stop.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Update: MRT shipped the headrests. Even after I disputed and got my money back. Charlotte called and said they shipped. I said to her in no crook and I disputed te charge. Meaning keep the headrest. It's been 2 months and they finally shipped this Friday. I told her, if you charge me I'll dispute again and I'll give the damn things back to you. If you give me a date at least hold to it. But even after I haven't heard from them, I suspected they said ok to the charge. But instead are trying to scheme me into fraud almost. She said it coat the company $50 to restock and another $12 to cancel the order from UPS and it's just costing them money to take back such a custom part. I don't really care about that. The fact I disputed the charge and said don't send them, they do it anyway. If it's so custom, sell it on eBay. It's not just made for my car. It's a stock leather oem saddle leather, you can sell it. It's not like white leather and a rare red stitching. Once again, don't deal with MRT as they will try and scheme you into credit card fraud purchases and obviously don't listen. I mean she even said I disputed it 3 weeks ago. So that usually means stop.
Wow. Quality company.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Wow. Quality company.
Gotta love em :p
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Well MRT lied to me on their color chart. Tack another one on how MRT are complete crap.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Id sue them and they wouldn't like how the verdict ended. They may face life with the lawyers I have access to. To me they are crooks though. At least now.
Its much easier to change your credit card number now than deal with a huge charge, getting lawyers involved, having to take off work to possibly show up for something, asspain of filling out a bunch of paperwork etc...

We all understand that you can just do a chargeback or be covered by the bank, that's not in dispute. What is a problem is getting tied up in some bull**** legal issue that you don't really need.

Also, lawyers don't work for free and if you think you're going to make THEM pay for all legal fees... have fun getting water from a stone.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Its much easier to change your credit card number now than deal with a huge charge, getting lawyers involved, having to take off work to possibly show up for something, asspain of filling out a bunch of paperwork etc... We all understand that you can just do a chargeback or be covered by the bank, that's not in dispute. What is a problem is getting tied up in some bull**** legal issue that you don't really need. Also, lawyers don't work for free and if you think you're going to make THEM pay for all legal fees... have fun getting water from a stone.
I'm not even to that stage. Charlotte keeps trying to kill with kindness and I shoot her down with my sarcastic ******* tones. I did play nice. Not now. But I'll do what I can for free to teach them to not treat people like that. If it costs me money, then it's a problem.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I bought a kit for my rear window louver from them and got it within 10 days.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmer View Post
I bought a kit for my rear window louver from them and got it within 10 days.
Wish I was that lucky :/ how is the rear window louver? I hear they are custom for every mustang?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wish I was that lucky :/ how is the rear window louver? I hear they are custom for every mustang?
How are they custom? We all have the same dimensions the 11-12?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Lmao
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Call them and you'll get Charlotte. She will say EVERYTHING is custom made and takes up to 3 weeks to fabricate and deliver. And yes even exhaust which is what they are known for. Call her, she will tell you, I promise.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Call them and you'll get Charlotte. She will say EVERYTHING is custom made and takes up to 3 weeks to fabricate and deliver. And yes even exhaust which is what they are known for. Call her, she will tell you, I promise.
Ur ****ting me -.- the ****en mufflers are custom? How in gods name is it custom? If thats the case I want my ****en name engraved in the mufflers and the tips to be the shape of my penis cuz I bet you they are mass produced and they have them lying on the shelf -.- that or AM bought ALOT of custom parts that wont work for our cars -.-
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ur ****ting me -.- the ****en mufflers are custom? How in gods name is it custom? If thats the case I want my ****en name engraved in the mufflers and the tips to be the shape of my penis cuz I bet you they are mass produced and they have them lying on the shelf -.- that or AM bought ALOT of custom parts that wont work for our cars -.-
That was my exact reasoning. And like I said to her, if you're gonna give me a deadline to when they ship. Uphold to it. Not delay it and ship on a Friday like you said but 2 months later.

It was just a set of head rest. Hell AM has the black set already made and ready to ship. Guess I'll go back to them and stop browsing around for other mustang parts suppliers
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those would be some small exhaust tips
Old 11-16-2013, 02:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My girl loves my tip so its alllllll good :p

While we are on the subject my girl is buying me me one part of my choosing...so I need help choosing guys

Boss mani or...
Stage 2 cams

I know the price difference is big im not going for the over priced one im going for gains and looks and sound

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote:

My girl loves my tip so its alllllll good :p

While we are on the subject my girl is buying me me one part of my choosing...so I need help choosing guys

Boss mani or...
Stage 2 cams

I know the price difference is big im not going for the over priced one im going for gains and looks and sound
Id have to pay for install of cams tho boss mani I can do easily ive done 2 of them already
Old 11-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Cams? Lol that's a toss up
Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cams? Lol that's a toss up
What u mean BoB? Lol
Old 11-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmfao!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What u mean BoB? Lol
I mean I might get cams but it's a toss up lol
Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
I mean I might get cams but it's a toss up lol
http://youtu.be/kPzPk0OkVi4
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion