4.6 or 5.0? :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
4.6 or 5.0? :(

I have 06 GT which I have done a fair amount of mods to and will continue to do so, but I'm stuck at a point where I think it would be better to go 5.0 anything 2011 or new that I can afford. Before I go to far into building what I have now. Being in college for one sucks, if I worked my job full time which I could just school depicts that I would be able to buy a 13 off the lot no problem. Your opinions guys and gals? I feel like I'm on a ledge either one or the other right now.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Adi

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
I have 06 GT which I have done a fair amount of mods to and will continue to do so, but I'm stuck at a point where I think it would be better to go 5.0 anything 2011 or new that I can afford. Before I go to far into building what I have now. Being in college for one sucks, if I worked my job full time which I could just school depicts that I would be able to buy a 13 off the lot no problem. Your opinions guys and gals? I feel like I'm on a ledge either one or the other right now.

I personally love the 05-09 boy style although the 5.0 engines are much quicker I'd jeep the 06 sweet ride!
Adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Swap a 5.0 in.

I personally have given up mods until I'm out of college so that I can focus on paying off my college loans, and so that I can focus more on school.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Do you have a house already? I would keep your 06' and wait on a newer vehicle until you buy a house if that's in your plans...

I kind of regret buying my 13' 5.0... I think I should have bought something cheaper, that way I could have more money now for investing(probably a 2nd house)... and then in the future buy a new car.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Look at the long term. Eventually the money that you put into the 06 GT isn't going to yeild what the newer 5.0 could have. If budget allows I say go for it.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
No I don't I am still living with my parents. They want me to until I finished college. Figure that lol. I have a lot of people telling me to keep it and wait, but for some reason I feel like there is just so much work to be done to be competitive with 5.0's now. I have a ways to go before I even see the track, but again to with almost 100k miles on the car, I might as well just pay it off and keep it. I feel like its the better option, but who doesn't love them some 5.0?!
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion