Mustangs on Most Stolen Car List - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mustangs on Most Stolen Car List

Read an article today that included mustangs as some of the most stolen sports cars. It was on cars.com

How do you guys feel about this and what are you doing to prevent your car from being stolen? Any ex car thieves out there that know about new technology to break into cars?
Anthony214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I always try to park within sight of security cameras. Plus having a 5-speed Vs an auto gives it another level of security i figure. Better chance of the idiot not knowing how to drive it, or not wanting too. Most thefts are from joy riders anyway. Had my car broken into while parked in my own driveway one night. These streets are tough brahh.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post
Read an article today that included mustangs as some of the most stolen sports cars. It was on cars.com

How do you guys feel about this and what are you doing to prevent your car from being stolen? Any ex car thieves out there that know about new technology to break into cars?
lol^ like someones gonna admit. my cars a v6. id hope some moron wont steal a v6 mustang hahahaha plus like the 2nd guy said. mines a 5 speed as well
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
But a vato that does this for a living will smoke a stick, easiest to take in my opinion. but as to new tech check out stickdeath.com (anti theft) ,, there's some good anti theft devices on there.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff

id be afraid of some anti theft stuff defecting and my car not starting at all lol
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
But a vato that does this for a living will smoke a stick, easiest to take in my opinion. but as to new tech check out stickdeath.com (anti theft) ,, there's some good anti theft devices on there.
exactly. But thank god we're not dealing with a buncha nicholas cages from Gone in 60 seconds. Theres alot less people that've learned stick, than in previous generations. Then again you'd be the worlds worst car thief if you didn't know how to bang through gears. I guess it comes with being a car thief.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
I had my stereo stolen in my own driveway. Why not just get an alarm that makes your phone or remote beep. My biggest fear is someone stabbing my new top.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
exactly. But thank god we're not dealing with a buncha nicholas cages from Gone in 60 seconds. Theres alot less people that've learned stick, than in previous generations. Then again you'd be the worlds worst car thief if you didn't know how to bang through gears. I guess it comes with being a car thief.
Stealing a car in 1st like a boss JA.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
I had my stereo stolen in my own driveway. Why not just get an alarm that makes your phone or remote beep. My biggest fear is someone stabbing my new top.
that outta been one saweet stereo
{Never Enough HP}
Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Stealing a car in 1st like a boss JA.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

that outta been one saweet stereo
For the time yeah. It was when the usb port was coming out instead of using aux cable so it was a while ago
Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For the time yeah. It was when the usb port was coming out instead of using aux cable so it was a while ago
Ah yeah those were the shiz
{Never Enough HP}
Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
lol^ like someones gonna admit. my cars a v6. id hope some moron wont steal a v6 mustang hahahaha plus like the 2nd guy said. mines a 5 speed as well

Oh man you would be surprised. I used to pick pockets and purses when I was younger at the state fair and now every time I go I see mistakes and I give people pointers on what they could do so it won't happen to them.

I also have have a manual but don't think that would help too much against a car thief.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:
I turn my phone off at night but with a silent bypass setting just in case the alarm goes off would have me looking into a car alarm. Oh man I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had a convertible.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: California
Wouldn't a car thief PREFER a v6? Cuz he's like "hey it's just another mustang sixxxer. Imma take taken it. Nobody will miss it" lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Wouldn't a car thief PREFER a v6? Cuz he's like "hey it's just another mustang sixxxer. Imma take taken it. Nobody will miss it" lol
Wow that made me laugh.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have insurance and no mods so I'm not worried
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh man you would be surprised. I used to pick pockets and purses when I was younger at the state fair and now every time I go I see mistakes and I give people pointers on what they could do so it won't happen to them.

I also have have a manual but don't think that would help too much against a car thief.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I turn my phone off at night but with a silent bypass setting just in case the alarm goes off would have me looking into a car alarm. Oh man I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had a convertible.
Are you serious Anthony?
"Picking pockets and purses at the state fair"?!!?!??

What, were you raised by a band of Gypsies?

Haha
Lets have a beer sometime!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I always try to park within sight of security cameras. Plus having a 5-speed Vs an auto gives it another level of security i figure. Better chance of the idiot not knowing how to drive it, or not wanting too. Most thefts are from joy riders anyway. Had my car broken into while parked in my own driveway one night. These streets are tough brahh.
Best car to learn how to drive a standard in is somebody elses lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post

Best car to learn how to drive a standard in is somebody elses lol
Drive it like you stole it!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Drive it like you stole it!
Damn straight!!!
Haha
Everyday is track day!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Damn straight!!! Haha Everyday is track day!!
Actually i drive others cars safer than i do myself
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Damn straight!!!
Haha
Everyday is track day!!
That's the way it should be! IMO Whoever gets a mustang just to ALWAYS putt putt around in town bought the wrong car, lifes to short not too see what's under the hood.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
Actually i drive others cars safer than i do myself
Would you if ya stole it?
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's the way it should be! IMO Whoever gets a mustang just to ALWAYS putt putt around in town bought the wrong car, lifes to short not too see what's under the hood. ---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ---------- Would you if ya stole it?
Yes it would arise less suspicion think smarter not harder lol if your going to steel a car do it right
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 10-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post

Yes it would arise less suspicion think smarter not harder lol if your going to steel a car do it right
If I'm gonna steal a car im gonna do it right, which means stealin a car I will never be able to afford and burn the tires off. Go big or go home
Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I'm gonna steal a car im gonna do it right, which means stealin a car I will never be able to afford and burn the tires off. Go big or go home
Like i said if i was going to steal let's say a Ferrari i would dress ina tux looking sharp that way it wouldn't look out of place
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
Road Trip!

If I were to steal a camaro I would grow a mullet and wear flannel as to not seem suspicious
Old 10-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I had a kill switch installed that is spring loaded. You have to push in a clip just to get the switch to move and the switch is hidden. The car couldn't even be hot wired or jumped because its power to the ignition. I set it every time I get out of the car, and don't think most car thieves would have time to find it before I was pulling a gun on them lol.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I were to steal a camaro I would grow a mullet and wear flannel as to not seem suspicious

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I had a kill switch installed that is spring loaded. You have to push in a clip just to get the switch to move and the switch is hidden. The car couldn't even be hot wired or jumped because its power to the ignition. I set it every time I get out of the car, and don't think most car thieves would have time to find it before I was pulling a gun on them lol.
A hidden kill switch is really the best defense...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But now that we know........ Kill switch is pretty smart. Was the install hard?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But now that we know........ Kill switch is pretty smart. Was the install hard?
No it wasn't. You literally go to the wiring schematic an pull the power to ignition wire. Clip it in half and re-wire to your switch. Find the wire (where you will clip) in a somewhat easy to hide location so that it can't be traced to the switch. And once you have the perfect switch location proceed to completely take apart the interior to hide the wires lol! Once you mount the switch and run the wiring then solder and shrink wrap the wiring and you're good to go.

If you do a good job it looks factory and nobody would ever know. Also keeps family,friends, or women from using your car without permission.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it wasn't. You literally go to the wiring schematic an pull the power to ignition wire. Clip it in half and re-wire to your switch. Find the wire (where you will clip) in a somewhat easy to hide location so that it can't be traced to the switch. And once you have the perfect switch location proceed to completely take apart the interior to hide the wires lol! Once you mount the switch and run the wiring then solder and shrink wrap the wiring and you're good to go. If you do a good job it looks factory and nobody would ever know. Also keeps family,friends, or women from using your car without permission.

I like the last part family,friends, or my woman. I'm not gonna lie though. I would report the car stolen just to mess with them. It would be hilarious. That install doesn't sound bad at all. Will definitely be doing that to my car after putting some more mods on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion