How much hp/tq do you think this will add? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
::pours gasoline inside and outside of mustang::

::looks for matches::
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Confused with your post. Only reason I'd get a new intake mani is just for looks.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
You should feel a loss in down low torque and a gain in top end horsepower (not much though) but you're really gonna need some cams and probably other supporting mods to see the true gains from an Edelbrock manifold.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

What injectors you got op

Old 11-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I highly doubt any of you have personally tried these mods as I am doing now, and are claiming that I'm "wasting" money and/or making my car slower based on theories.

If not. Prove me wrong. Show me some links, pics, videos, smoke signals, whatever. That someone did this and it turned out to be a complete failure. Otherwise, I'll continue and give an honest opinion of how it feels along with pics and videos.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: California
Don't worry about it op. Get yourself a PI intake than sell the new one you just put on and try to make your money back
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not saying you wasted money, this is the thread I used to help my decision to go with a stock replacement intake instead of an Edelbrock or another style. I am curious as to what sort of gains you're gonna see with it. Are you gonna get it dyno tuned?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ld-one-go.html
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Don't worry about it op. Get yourself a PI intake than sell the new one you just put on and try to make your money back
I'll commandeer the mechanics shop right now and pluck money from the money rooster that walks around Miami for people who mess up their mods and make their cars slower by "upgrading" to things it "doesn't need" because all it really needs is a supercharger or nitrous. I'll buy the PI intake manifold, have him remove the one he's probably already installed, urinate on it..install the PI intake. Have him charge me labor for that HUGE disaster of "modifications" I tried to do. Which all this time I was trolling to be able to race a group of Pruis owners on the weekends and make it interesting. So, the cats out of the bag.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I'm not saying you wasted money, this is the thread I used to help my decision to go with a stock replacement intake instead of an Edelbrock or another style. I am curious as to what sort of gains you're gonna see with it. Are you gonna get it dyno tuned?
Aftermarket 4.6 2V Intake Manifold,Which one to go with? - SVTPerformance

Hello yeah I plan to give a tune afterwards. Either in January or late December.

Thanks for the link!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You forgot they weigh 30lbs more than the PI intake. And if you ever want to do a centri or a turbo you need a specialized kit. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The PI intake is the best 2V intake for a bolt on 4.6L car end of story. If you are doing crazy boost or an assload of nitrous on a forged bottom end then look at the Edelbrock. But even on 20+ psi ppl still run the PI intake with success.
people said this with the proffesional products intake as well that it's 30-40 lbs more heavy then stock incorrect the PP intake only weights 23.6 lbs.. I just shipped one yesterday. I can't imagine the victor (being smaller) weighs 50lbs...

Edit: I'm not saying ether is a better intake, but they don't weigh a whole ton more.. I still say stock PI intake..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
people said this with the proffesional products intake as well that it's 30-40 lbs more heavy then stock incorrect the PP intake only weights 23.6 lbs.. I just shipped one yesterday. I can't imagine the victor (being smaller) weighs 50lbs...

Edit: I'm not saying ether is a better intake, but they don't weigh a whole ton more.. I still say stock PI intake..

I weighs a little over 20lbs lol whoohoo!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I'll commandeer the mechanics shop right now and pluck money from the money rooster that walks around Miami for people who mess up their mods and make their cars slower by "upgrading" to things it "doesn't need" because all it really needs is a supercharger or nitrous. I'll buy the PI intake manifold, have him remove the one he's probably already installed, urinate on it..install the PI intake. Have him charge me labor for that HUGE disaster of "modifications" I tried to do. Which all this time I was trolling to be able to race a group of Pruis owners on the weekends and make it interesting. So, the cats out of the bag. ---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ---------- Hello yeah I plan to give a tune afterwards. Either in January or late December. Thanks for the link!
What a dikk you say you don't have a money tree but are gonna dyno your car after you install a damn intake. Do what you want. If obviously have no clue if you gotta have a mechanic install a damn intake manifold. Go waste your money on useless mods while I'll be enjoying my ride cuz I took GOOD advice from people who KNOW what the **** they're doing
Old 11-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What a dikk you say you don't have a money tree but are gonna dyno your car after you install a damn intake. Do what you want. If obviously have no clue if you gotta have a mechanic install a damn intake manifold. Go waste your money on useless mods while I'll be enjoying my ride cuz I took GOOD advice from people who KNOW what the **** they're doing
I never said I didn't have a money tree. I was serious about the Miami rooster. Google "santeria"

lol, like I said though. No pride. When I get the car and drive it and what not, I'll give an unbiased truth on how it feels thoroughly. As for the dyno. I didn't say when! I just told my co-worker, it'll be in late December or January. (bonus) lol

Don't be mad congrats on you listening to "GOOD" advice from people who know what f bomb they're doing. I'm so proud of you.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Well how does the eddy intake flow better than the pi intake? Gettin more air than the pi? No because it's what size tb/plenum is what's getting more air. It's seriously not worth the money to buy it unless you're going FI(which you're not) even then the pi mani is good for what power the internals will handle.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
I never said I didn't have a money tree. I was serious about the Miami rooster. Google "santeria" lol, like I said though. No pride. When I get the car and drive it and what not, I'll give an unbiased truth on how it feels thoroughly. As for the dyno. I didn't say when! I just told my co-worker, it'll be in late December or January. (bonus) lol Don't be mad congrats on you listening to "GOOD" advice from people who know what f bomb they're doing. I'm so proud of you.
1) I don't practice Santeria
2)I ain't got crystal ball
3)I had a million dollars but I spent it all
Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

^--- lol I miss Bradley.

So day 5 of my withdrawals from the 4.6

I'm noticing that I haven't shaved or trimmed. My stomach always hurts. And I find myself dreaming that I drive it and that it's a transformer.

I was contacted last night, my motor mounts were shot. So got those replaced.

I have bags under my eyes from not driving the GT and people around me are annoyed by me bumming rides off them. (My 92 Lexus beater is temporarily out of commission.)

I should receive updates today via MMS. Or maybe even pick it up. Who knows. All I know is that I miss it. So much...

So until then. Watch this bear use this slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3738992600.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	136572  
Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2004 Mustang GT
Flowmaster Catback
K&N Cold Air Intake
75mm Accufab Throttle Body/C&L Plenum
BAMA 91 Race Tune ----- okay, I want this.
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears ----- and I want this.

How are they? How much did they run you? I daily drive my car a lot. Should I just jump on 3.73's instead?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #52
Road Trip!

Yes get both lol
And it did kind of cost a lot modding ain't cheap lol. But when I got my gears installed I had my while rear end rebuilt. I got my car from an auction and didn't have any records from the previous owner. Just did it to cover my ***.

And my car pulls like a damn freight train! Lol
My car can really good with my couple of mods and the tune. After the gear install I got a new tune to fix my speedo because it was off

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Also my mpg went down a tad on the highway but not really enough to complain about. I drive maybe an hour a week on the highway and the rest is on the street so I'm smashing everywhere I go without trying hahah
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes get both lol
And it did kind of cost a lot modding ain't cheap lol. But when I got my gears installed I had my while rear end rebuilt. I got my car from an auction and didn't have any records from the previous owner. Just did it to cover my ***.

And my car pulls like a damn freight train! Lol
My car can really good with my couple of mods and the tune. After the gear install I got a new tune to fix my speedo because it was off

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Also my mpg went down a tad on the highway but not really enough to complain about. I drive maybe an hour a week on the highway and the rest is on the street so I'm smashing everywhere I go without trying hahah
That's beautiful. Comparing a car's pull to freight train. I want that..So bad. Maybe next year, the gears and tune.

lol well, we bought our Mustangs knowing their alcoholic like tendencies to gasoline. It's like Nicholas Cage in that movie.

I cannot wait to get my car back already.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

So. There's no clearance for the spacer and throttle body to fit.

My motor mounts are completely shot. So the engine is leaning far and low on the passenger side.

Could the motor mounts REALLY cause it to have lost that much clearance?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-771825325.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	136594   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-909266424.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	136595  

Old 11-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Can you even close your hood bro??
Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So. There's no clearance for the spacer and throttle body to fit.

My motor mounts are completely shot. So the engine is leaning far and low on the passenger side.

Could the motor mounts REALLY cause it to have lost that much clearance?
Usually an engine will sag with old motor mounts. New ones will make the clearance even worse. Have you thought about doing K-member spacers to gain some clearance?
Old 11-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yeah the hood closes just fine.

And no need for all that! These parts were made for this car entirely.

www.americanmuscle.com

I gave them a ring today and everything. When it's on new mounts it'll pick up a good few inches, should then gain the clearance I need.

But that's crazy!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Your engines leanin like a cholo
Old 11-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your engines leanin like a cholo
Lmfao!!! It is right?!?! It's like leaning one shoulder way back and dipping the whole torso low. -.- hydraulics and 10" rims anyone?!

Should get an update soon.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm about a year and a half without driving Aurora. D:

You'll get back into yours soon. Promise man. It's gonna be awesome too!

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #61
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I'm about a year and a half without driving Aurora. D: You'll get back into yours soon. Promise man. It's gonna be awesome too!
And I thought 3 weeks was a long time.....

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I'm about a year and a half without driving Aurora. D: You'll get back into yours soon. Promise man. It's gonna be awesome too!
Hey Cole, I forgot. When you had your big lapse in activity on ME, did I have my Mustang yet? I can't remember (got in February)

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And I thought 3 weeks was a long time..... ---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ---------- Hey Cole, I forgot. When you had your big lapse in activity on ME, did I have my Mustang yet? I can't remember (got in February)
I got back in February! So you got it right when I started getting back on.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Lol that's awesome.

I'm really anxious to get it back already.

Cole, it's been that long?!? Jeez time flys.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Yep, rubber motor mounts after all this time... that'll happen lol. And I do hope it all works out for you but I predict that you'll say it picked up a ton of power and call us all butt plunderers for telling you it wouldn't. Without a before and after dyno...

FACT is that NA 2Vs that do this swap lose low end and pick up top end. If that is something you can live with then more power to you. IMO low end is better on a street car but w/e. Do the 4.10s to mitigate the loss of low end. Hell, do 4.30s if you don't see much highway.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Negative ghost rider. I'll be honest. I've seen some dyno sheets of this set up. There is a gain in HP and a slight decline in TQ. Next years camshafts and gears will help with that. Thanks though brother. Good looking out.

Anyways the motor mounts were changed and the engine sits how it should now. So clearance is there and well. Next issue.

The "ultra low intake elbow" sits too low and doesn't permit the fuel rail on its side to run as it should. I called American muscle dot com and they sent me a return label for it and sent my "low intake elbow" on next day air. So it's here already, out for delivery. After that it should be all well.

We had to search for a way to mount the EGR and were told that this setup would eliminate the EGR because it is not a street application. However I want the EGR. So having them do custom mounting brackets to the intake manifold.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2229644741.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	137524   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1455315425.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	137525  

Name:	image-1983913650.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	137526   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-220819550.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	137527  

Old 11-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

So. Car should be done tomorrow. The EGR couldn't be saved. So I may have a CEL then right?

Anyways. Can't wait to get the damn thing back already. My withdrawals are through the roof.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

A tune will fix the CEL light.

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post
A tune will fix the CEL light.
Really? Would BAMA tunes help clear it up? I've heard a lot of good stuff on BAMA.

Is it going to idle rough or drive like crap without the EGR? I'm overthinking this I hope.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Not sure if bama tunes for the eddy intake. They for sure as hell won't tune for cams. I'd call and ask or PM one of the AM reps on here.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

They tune for no EGR and all that good stuff. We've run into a problem.

The IAC valve has a flange but no clearance. I called and spoke to AM for almost 45 minutes and sent pics. They have no idea how to do it and said I have to run it without the IAC. Okay. There are ways around the EGR. That's fine I guess. Although they should say what they're selling and what it entails. In terms of removal and deletes etc etc.

So we don't know what the blue hell to do with this....

How the hell...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2778392216.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	138935   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3181172598.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	478.8 KB
ID:	138936  

Name:	image-1917989741.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	138937   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1708420390.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	138938  

Name:	image-2788736315.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	138939   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3631636303.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	138940  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion