Totaled - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Well each insurer will have a different set of rules so if you can get it back for a good price you can make a bunch of money off a basically new Coyote drivetrain. Motor/trans/harness will go for $10k I would think. Plus all the interior stuffs/wheels and anything else you can save.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Well each insurer will have a different set of rules so if you can get it back for a good price you can make a bunch of money off a basically new Coyote drivetrain. Motor/trans/harness will go for $10k I would think. Plus all the interior stuffs/wheels and anything else you can save.
The coyote would go in a fox body, haha!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post

The coyote would go in a fox body, haha!
I like your way of thinking.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Well... Yeah... That's understood.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Again, not what I've been told. The appraiser said if I ask for a settlement check of X amount (of which they agree to pay) and my car back, then the salvage yards are not even contacted about giving a bid towards the car.
So you're saying you can dictate how much you want for your car plus how much they are willing to sell your totaled vehicle.

DAMN I want your insurer who insures you?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

So you're saying you can dictate how much you want for your car plus how much they are willing to sell your totaled vehicle.

DAMN I want your insurer who insures you?
With hagerty you can name the value of your car. Your rate is based on what you say it's worth. If the car is totaled, you get your set amount.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

With hagerty you can name the value of your car. Your rate is based on what you say it's worth. If the car is totaled, you get your set amount.
You can haggle on the kbb value. U can argue cost of replacement in your area if you were to buy it again. But to say you can set the price.

That's different. And if its still up to them to approve or not then that's just saying whole lot to say its up to them to pay whatever they think your cars worth
Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can haggle on the kbb value. U can argue cost of replacement in your area if you were to buy it again. But to say you can set the price.

That's different. And if its still up to them to approve or not then that's just saying whole lot to say its up to them to pay whatever they think your cars worth
Yet again, it's not KBB based. If I went to my local dealer and there was an almost identical 2014 GT Premium with 10,000 miles for $30,000, they would give me the money for that car. I've heard this from her insurance company, my insurance company, the appraiser, and the guy at the collision center.

I never said I set the price...

I said if I wanted the totaled car back, I could (referencing back to the first part) agree to take a settlement check of $24,000 and use the remaining $6,000 from the value to take the totaled car back.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yet again, it's not KBB based. If I went to my local dealer and there was an almost identical 2014 GT Premium with 10,000 miles for $30,000, they would give me the money for that car. I've heard this from her insurance company, my insurance company, the appraiser, and the guy at the collision center.

I never said I set the price...

I said if I wanted the totaled car back, I could (referencing back to the first part) agree to take a settlement check of $24,000 and use the remaining $6,000 from the value to take the totaled car back.
Read my second sentence in my previous post before u bang ur head.

I'm an insurance broker. I sell car. Life. Health.

And when you're dealing with contracts its all jn the wording. You did say "The appraiser said if I ask for a settlement check of X amount (of which they agree to pay) and my car back, then the salvage yards are not even contacted about giving a bid towards the car."

First it is based on market value which is based on published market info such as KBB. Second it is not FACT that you can bring them a sample car in your area and they will automatically give you that price. They will consult and do someone research.

Dude think about it. If they approved simply based on one or even two sample cars they'd lose money cuz what if I brought them a 2014 GT with 10k miles and the dealer in his greed placed the selling price to be $34000 instead of $30000 as suggested by market conditions?

Good luck getting them to pay $4k over.

Hell what if you found one in town and it was selling for $36k/$50k/$80k? And it was the same model? Don't believe? Cars.com and look up Mustang GT/302/GT500 for sale. You'll see some idiots pricing them close to like $100k.

Various reasons. Comes up top of the list in searches. Catches your eyes. Then there's probably some sentence saying 40 other models priced $30-35k or some bull. It's advertising too. Even though you see $100k gT you will also see the dealership name and will probably end up at the dealership checking out their other cars.

So bang your head all you want. Preferably wear a helmet cuz bareheaded banging may result in injury.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And when you're dealing with contracts its all jn the wording. You did say "The appraiser said if I ask for a settlement check of X amount (of which they agree to pay) and my car back, then the salvage yards are not even contacted about giving a bid towards the car."

First it is based on market value which is based on published market info such as KBB. Second it is not FACT that you can bring them a sample car in your area and they will automatically give you that price. They will consult and do someone research.

Dude think about it. If they approved simply based on one or even two sample cars they'd lose money cuz what if I brought them a 2014 GT with 10k miles and the dealer in his greed placed the selling price to be $34000 instead of $30000 as suggested by market conditions?

Hell what if you found one in town and it was selling for $36k/$50k/$80k? And it was the same model? Don't believe? Cars.com and look up Mustang GT/302/GT500 for sale. You'll see some idiots pricing them close to like $100k.

Various reasons. Comes up top of the list in searches. Catches your eyes. Then there's probably some sentence saying 40 other models priced $30-35k or some bull. It's advertising too. Even though you see $100k gT you will also see the dealership name and will probably end up at the dealership checking out their other cars.

So bang your head all you want. Preferably wear a helmet cuz bareheaded banging may result in injury.
Haha, I'll just stick with what the insurance companies, appraiser, and the collision center manager are saying since they know the situation, but I appreciate the info. (That's not sarcasm)
Old 11-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77

You must not work with agreed value policies much...

There is no debate on vehicle value, it is written to be insured for x amount, approved by underwriter or per company policy and your premium is based on that value.

The only debate here will be on salvage value but it will be cheaper for the ins company to offer him the vehicle at salvage value minus some since they will not have to transport, catalog, advertise and sell the vehicle.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, I'll just stick with what the insurance companies, appraiser, and the collision center manager are saying since they know the situation, but I appreciate the info. (That's not sarcasm)
Sure stick with what the Easter bunny and what Santa Claus tells little boys and girls in Sunday school.

My whole point was you said you would tell them price. And they approve or disapprove. It's a literal thing. But other than that best of luck to you. Sucks to be happening so either way good luck.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

There is no debate on vehicle value, it is written to be insured for x amount, approved by underwriter or per company policy and your premium is based on that value.

The only debate here will be on salvage value but it will be cheaper for the ins company to offer him the vehicle at salvage value minus some since they will not have to transport, catalog, advertise and sell the vehicle.
Quote:
Sure stick with what the Easter bunny and what Santa Claus tells little boys and girls in Sunday school.

My whole point was you said you would tell them price. And they approve or disapprove. It's a literal thing. But other than that best of luck to you. Sucks to be happening so either way good luck.
Lmao, you're killin me man! I reckon I shoulda called you up to handle this situation?

Lowflyn's got the idea!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Lowflyn that's what I said! Why u quoting me like I said you can dictate what the company pays out.

And yes you can haggle but ins co aren't in the business of selling cars. They all have a reserve value that if salvage yards meet they may sell automatically to some that have relationships. Or they may bring it to auction at places like copart.com.

But to say that they won't even contact the salvage yards is wrong. You may have up to a certain period to reply if you want it or not. But during that time if you don't want it (they know you got money cuz they paying you) then it's sold to wherever.

I'm just saying the oPs way stating things comes across as he can set and do and have complete transparent access to everything. It's still all limited by what the ins is contractually and legally bound to do. Just trying to get him to take a dose of some potentially realistic scenarios.

But good luck to him anyhow.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao, you're killin me man! I reckon I shoulda called you up to handle this situation?

Lowflyn's got the idea!
Really? Lowflyn:

Seems he's saying the complete opposite of what your saying...

Makes me wonder if you actually understood anything anyone told you. Collision service adviser, agent, ins co. Seems whatever people say is just gonna either contradict what you think or no matter what they say will only support what you think.

Oh well. Last post. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Really? Lowflyn:

Seems he's saying the complete opposite of what your saying...

Makes me wonder if you actually understood anything anyone told you. Collision service adviser, agent, ins co. Seems whatever people say is just gonna either contradict what you think or no matter what they say will only support what you think.

Oh well. Last post. Good luck.
Oh nice try man, but you missed his first part about Agreed Value Policies by Hagerty... Allow me.....

"Agreed Value: Only Agreed Value polices guarantee you will get all of your insured value back in the event of a total loss. There is no depreciation of a vehicle’s value with an Agreed Value policy, although many companies will still apply a deductible in the case of a total loss."

Makes ME wonder if you actually understand anything thats been said...
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh nice try man, but you missed his first part about Agreed Value Policies by Hagerty... Allow me.....

"Agreed Value: Only Agreed Value polices guarantee you will get all of your insured value back in the event of a total loss. There is no depreciation of a vehicle’s value with an Agreed Value policy, although many companies will still apply a deductible in the case of a total loss."

Makes ME wonder if you actually understand anything thats been said...
Lol keep on face palming yourself. Makes me happy.

Well I'm assuming you DON'T have the agreed value policy so it doesn't matter what lowflyn says. If you had it you wouldn't be "I'll just tell them I'll take $25-28k settlement and I'll take my car back" and then give another example of $30k when you actually bought the car for $35k or $38k or whatever brand new as the insured value.

It'd be like arguing they should pay you the cost to replace a Ferrari for you though you got a mustang. So yeah I read it. Didn't pertain to our discussion of your policy. So I ignored it. Don't need to talk about sky diving when we're talking about prepping for paragliding type of thing.

So yes I read everything and I can extrapolate pertinent information to be included in discussion where as apparently like I said you take everything people tell you that contradicts your thinking as they are full of shiit and you go in the offensive and get butt hurt. Or you take their statements and twist it and jam force a too big round peg into a star shaped hole. Just to clarify incase you can't comprehend this I said TOO BIG A ROUND PEG INTO A STAR SHAPED HOLE (notice I said comprehend and not "compute" because this is a literal comprehension and not a mathematical equation though it can be argued that your brain functions in terms of computation like a computer which computes everything so then you can say compute). Just don't want you to come back and say something like "A round peg CAN fit a star shaped hole in the middle if the peg was small enough. I said TOO BIG.

So don't take lowflyn example as gospel either cuz that doesn't pertain to your particular situation.

Don't get butt hurt cuz people try to tell you information that might not agree with you. But if you do get butt hurt I just hope its not too tender just incase the ins co comes backs and foks you in the azz too.

Good luck. Nah fok that. I don't give a two shiits about you anymore.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol keep on face palming yourself. Makes me happy.

Well I'm assuming you DON'T have the agreed value policy so it doesn't matter what lowflyn says. If you had it you wouldn't be "I'll just tell them I'll take $25-28k settlement and I'll take my car back" and then give another example of $30k when you actually bought the car for $35k or $38k or whatever brand new as the insured value.

It'd be like arguing they should pay you the cost to replace a Ferrari for you though you got a mustang. So yeah I read it. Didn't pertain to our discussion of your policy. So I ignored it. Don't need to talk about sky diving when we're talking about prepping for paragliding type of thing.

So yes I read everything and I can extrapolate pertinent information to be included in discussion where as apparently like I said you take everything people tell you that contradicts your thinking as they are full of shiit and you go in the offensive and get butt hurt. Or you take their statements and twist it and jam force a too big round peg into a star shaped hole. Just to clarify incase you can't comprehend this I said TOO BIG A ROUND PEG INTO A STAR SHAPED HOLE (notice I said comprehend and not "compute" because this is a literal comprehension and not a mathematical equation though it can be argued that your brain functions in terms of computation like a computer which computes everything so then you can say compute). Just don't want you to come back and say something like "A round peg CAN fit a star shaped hole in the middle if the peg was small enough. I said TOO BIG.

So don't take lowflyn example as gospel either cuz that doesn't pertain to your particular situation.

Don't get butt hurt cuz people try to tell you information that might not agree with you. But if you do get butt hurt I just hope its not too tender just incase the ins co comes backs and foks you in the azz too.

Good luck. Nah fok that. I don't give a two shiits about you anymore.

I ain't the one butt hurt here guy, you the one gettin all worked up!

You're awfully confused on the situation man... Let me explain and set the record straight.

I, myself, Carson Stone, owner of the vehicle, HAVE agreed value insurance. We clear on that? Okay, good.

Now, if I, myself, Carson Stone, owner, was filing the CLAIM under MY insurance, I would pay the deductible, storage, etc.

In THIS situation, I filed the claim through the lady at fault insurance company to avoid any costs and deductible.

So, if I don't like what they offer, I'll claim it under mine and be done with it.

We all good now man? Don't wantcha bustin a blood vessel over there.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I ain't the one butt hurt here guy, you the one gettin all worked up!

You're awfully confused on the situation man... Let me explain and set the record straight.

I, myself, Carson Stone, owner of the vehicle, HAVE agreed value insurance. We clear on that? Okay, good.

Now, if I, myself, Carson Stone, owner, was filing the CLAIM under MY insurance, I would pay the deductible, storage, etc.

In THIS situation, I filed the claim through the lady at fault insurance company to avoid any costs and deductible.

So, if I don't like what they offer, I'll claim it under mine and be done with it.

We all good now man? Don't wantcha bustin a blood vessel over there.
Lol I'm actually enjoying antagonizing an idiot such as yourself.

Your an idiot to even say you will just file under your own company and be done with. I tried that two months ago for a rear end collision from a lady hitting me in the back with her Civic.

I tried claiming on my insurance company under uninsured motorist. They denied it claiming I was involved in an accident with a person that was insured so uninsured motorist was out the door.

And with that police report you can't claim accident from a wet surface or loss of control.

And as icing on top of the cake, just to end your argent with I'll just claim my insurance means you have absolutely little intelligence. That's the best reply? Lol.

My blood pressure is just fine. Happiness and laughter and joy in fokking with you is actually making me smile. But still you're an idiot. My blood pressure or my enjoyment changes nothing in that regard.

FYI your "clarification story" tells virtually nothing about what the ins co will eventually end up willing to pay. Can you please tell information that's actually leading somewhere?

Dude... Smoke weed much? X? Sniff white out??? You gotta protect what little you got cuz they don't grow back. They can reform new neuro pathways but that's it bud.

Don't do drugs!

I'm an azz I admit tonight usually I'm very nice. But... Tonight I'm an azz. And no I'm not a butt hurt azz. But I am an azz tonight.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Brain cells. Oops I think I drank a bit too much. Left out brain cells. Guess I should stop going to those happy hours lol
Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Lol I'm actually enjoying antagonizing an idiot such as yourself. Your an idiot to even say you will just file under your own company and be done with. I tried that two months ago for a rear end collision from a lady hitting me in the back with her Civic. I tried claiming on my insurance company under uninsured motorist. They denied it claiming I was involved in an accident with a person that was insured so uninsured motorist was out the door. And with that police report you can't claim accident from a wet surface or loss of control. And as icing on top of the cake, just to end your argent with I'll just claim my insurance means you have absolutely little intelligence. That's the best reply? Lol. My blood pressure is just fine. Happiness and laughter and joy in fokking with you is actually making me smile. But still you're an idiot. My blood pressure or my enjoyment changes nothing in that regard. FYI your "clarification story" tells virtually nothing about what the ins co will eventually end up willing to pay. Can you please tell information that's actually leading somewhere? Dude... Smoke weed much? X? Sniff white out??? You gotta protect what little you got cuz they don't grow back. They can reform new neuro pathways but that's it bud. Don't do drugs! I'm an azz I admit tonight usually I'm very nice. But... Tonight I'm an azz. And no I'm not a butt hurt azz. But I am an azz tonight.
wtf they hit your car??????????? What's the damage?

I won't get into insurance stuff for obvious reasons bahahahah

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Also LOL to saying not to do drugs but are drunk as f right now hahahah
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
wtf they hit your car??????????? What's the damage?

I won't get into insurance stuff for obvious reasons bahahahah

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Also LOL to saying not to do drugs but are drunk as f right now hahahah
Lol yep. Alcohol is a drug. But at least its legal. Yeah ya got me there!
Bwahahaha
Old 11-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I'm actually enjoying antagonizing an idiot such as yourself.

Your an idiot to even say you will just file under your own company and be done with. I tried that two months ago for a rear end collision from a lady hitting me in the back with her Civic.

I tried claiming on my insurance company under uninsured motorist. They denied it claiming I was involved in an accident with a person that was insured so uninsured motorist was out the door.

And with that police report you can't claim accident from a wet surface or loss of control.

And as icing on top of the cake, just to end your argent with I'll just claim my insurance means you have absolutely little intelligence. That's the best reply? Lol.

My blood pressure is just fine. Happiness and laughter and joy in fokking with you is actually making me smile. But still you're an idiot. My blood pressure or my enjoyment changes nothing in that regard.

FYI your "clarification story" tells virtually nothing about what the ins co will eventually end up willing to pay. Can you please tell information that's actually leading somewhere?

Dude... Smoke weed much? X? Sniff white out??? You gotta protect what little you got cuz they don't grow back. They can reform new neuro pathways but that's it bud.

Don't do drugs!

I'm an azz I admit tonight usually I'm very nice. But... Tonight I'm an azz. And no I'm not a butt hurt azz. But I am an azz tonight.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Brain cells. Oops I think I drank a bit too much. Left out brain cells. Guess I should stop going to those happy hours lol

I seriously have no idea what to say to that hahaaa, so I'll just let it be man. It really doesn't even matter honestly. Drink your beer and enjoy yourself guy.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I seriously have no idea what to say to that hahaaa, so I'll just let it be man. It really doesn't even matter honestly. Drink your beer and enjoy yourself guy.
Ok I'm out of my azz mode. Good luck to you. I hope you find a good replacement car.

Just also remember to fight for value + tax + titling costs. They should give it to you automatically but just in case it slips through their system double check for that.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Call them, then get back to us. I've had them for 5yrs now. They charge me $100 premium per year, for each$5k in value. And you set the value when you take the policy out. Only catch, it can't be your dd.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok I'm out of my azz mode. Good luck to you. I hope you find a good replacement car.

Just also remember to fight for value + tax + titling costs. They should give it to you automatically but just in case it slips through their system double check for that.
Yeah I'm not gonna let them screw me, thats for damn sure haha
Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I'm not gonna let them screw me, thats for damn sure haha
Tell your friend to hire a lawyer for this case. Sounds like a real bad accident. It's not all about money.

Your friend will need med attention. Lawyer will get your friend money to help with the med treatments and after he is done with med treatments the lawyer will be able to get him additional money for followups and complications etc.

Even though the lawyer will get 1/3 of the total payout (not including the repairs of the car) its worth it I think cuz you don't have to worry about communications, paperworks, etc.

Could do it yourself but the total benefits you could argue for maybe a lot higher than doing it by yourself.

But up to you. But then again its your friend that's hurt.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tell your friend to hire a lawyer for this case. Sounds like a real bad accident. It's not all about money.

Your friend will need med attention. Lawyer will get your friend money to help with the med treatments and after he is done with med treatments the lawyer will be able to get him additional money for followups and complications etc.

Even though the lawyer will get 1/3 of the total payout (not including the repairs of the car) its worth it I think cuz you don't have to worry about communications, paperworks, etc.

Could do it yourself but the total benefits you could argue for maybe a lot higher than doing it by yourself.

But up to you. But then again its your friend that's hurt.

He has a attorney he consults with at all times. The lady that caused the accident has spoken with him and there was conversation about her writing him a check for his hospital bills and a little extra for pain and suffering but he must sign a paper saying he will not take her to court over the accident or his injuries... Or something along those lines.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #62
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
He has a attorney he consults with at all times. The lady that caused the accident has spoken with him and there was conversation about her writing him a check for his hospital bills and a little extra for pain and suffering but he must sign a paper saying he will not take her to court over the accident or his injuries... Or something along those lines.
fck that **** take her to court..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
fck that **** take her to court..
Yeah Fk that. Take her to court. If she was in back to back accidents she needs to learn the hard way and court fines and shiit isn't "hard" by all means.

Next time her careless driving could kill herself, her kid, brother or sister or husband. Or worse kill some one else and their family.

Fok her and her fear of having her premium raise. My brother in law got judgment for over $140,000 in his accident. Totaled his Merc E63 and the lawyer took care of him. Made sure he did everything correct in terms of medical treatment and such

Now the other guys fokked. His insurance capped off at $50k. He's in it for $90k now.

That's why she wanted to give him money. If he does take her settlement after totaling the car... *sigh*

One word: REJECTION

Second word: lawsuit
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Yeah Fk that. Take her to court. If she was in back to back accidents she needs to learn the hard way and court fines and shiit isn't "hard" by all means.

Next time her careless driving could kill herself, her kid, brother or sister or husband. Or worse kill some one else and their family.

Fok her and her fear of having her premium raise. My brother in law got judgment for over $140,000 in his accident. Totaled his Merc E63 and the lawyer took care of him. Made sure he did everything correct in terms of medical treatment and such

Now the other guys fokked. His insurance capped off at $50k. He's in it for $90k now.

That's why she wanted to give him money. If he does take her settlement after totaling the car... *sigh*

One word: REJECTION

Second word: lawsuit
This x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If he takes the check and everything from that woman, he is a complete and total goddamn fcuking moron. You can't can't CAN'T be a nice guy/gal/whatever in this circumstance. And IMO not to teach her a lesson or something like that (not your responsibility), its to make sure you, YOU are taken care of without any shenanigans or issues where the check bounces, there are unexpected complications, the totaling of the car doesn't go like you want etc...

Get a good lawyer, reject that siht, slap her with a lawsuit and take her to the cleaners. And yeah, teaching her a lesson is a nice side effect but there are literal millions more like her on the road which is sad.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Got a call from the insurance company. Declared as a total loss! Hot damn! Terminator time!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Got a call from the insurance company. Declared as a total loss! Hot damn! Terminator time!
Lmao! Hot damn! Congrats bro!
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #67
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just make sure you get a good low mileage stock one. Make sure no rust as well. Garage kept old mans terminator with 20k miles and no mods is what you want.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Just make sure you get a good low mileage stock one. Make sure no rust as well. Garage kept old mans terminator with 20k miles and no mods is what you want.
+1000 one that's worth the $25k price tag.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
+1000 one that's worth the $25k price tag.
Yep and he also needs to make SURE he is going to be able to live with the spartan fisher price interior that is the SN95. No bells and whistles like the 5.0 had and its definitely not anywhere near as comfy. The 2011+ is smooth, refined and has all the new gadgets. The Terminator is rough, basic, no real gadgets at all unless you add them from the aftermarket. However, if you want a pissed off sounding fcuk mothering siht your pants powerful Mustang the Terminator fits all bills while being lighter and having a IRS AND a 6 speed that doesn't have issues.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion