Totaled - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Totaled

Welp, my 2014 got totaled today. Not the drivers fault (my friend), lady ran a stop sign and he hit her driver left side and totaled both vehicles. 2 days earlier she had gotten a ticket for runnng a stop light!!! It's crazy how some people are allowed to drive... Guess I'm in the market for another coyote car or possibly a 2003-2004 cobra.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Sorry to hear! Hope everyone was ok. I feel your pain. My 98GT was totaled by somebody running a red.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Welp, my 2014 got totaled today. Not the drivers fault (my friend), lady ran a stop sign and he hit her driver left side and totaled both vehicles. 2 days earlier she had gotten a ticket for runnng a stop light!!! It's crazy how some people are allowed to drive... Guess I'm in the market for another coyote car or possibly a 2003-2004 cobra.
Omg I'm
Sorry. That's horrible! That lady should be tried in a court of law!
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Is everyone ok?
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Good lord, some ppl...Sucks to hear it man, how many days of actual ownership did you get? Were you ridin' shotgun or get a "Dear John" phone call?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My friend experienced neck, back and head injury but refused to be taken by ambulance because he wanted to stay with my car till I got there. The lady threw up in the car after she was hit but later found out she only suffered some scrapes on her knees. It without a doubt shook them both up.

The lady will be tried in court and the officer has issued that she take a medical evaluation to see if her license should be revoked.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Doofenshmirtz View Post
Good lord, some ppl...Sucks to hear it man, how many days of actual ownership did you get? Were you ridin' shotgun or get a "Dear John" phone call?
Got the car in late May, so I got 6ish months of cockpit time and it had about 10,000 miles on it. I got the "Dear John..." call haha!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Fk a duck people can't drive. I get tailgated every day going to work at least by 6-7 people. This morning some stoopid broad was swerving in and out of lanes and sometimes straddling two lanes trying to figure out which LAN she thinks is moving faster.

I tell you we need strict *** laws. You cause an accident you get one freebie.

Second accident you get 8 hrs in jail or a full day.

Third you get three to seven days depending on if you break some law in the causing of the accident (ie texting, speeding, running lights, getting a blowjob, etc...)

Fourth you get locked up for a month to a year.

You kill some one you're gone forever if you were intoxicated or are chronic traffic law breaker.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
DVR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear nobody was hurt worse. I'm selling my 2014 GT if you're interested. Grey, base model, manual, brembo pkg, 3.73 gears, 301a option pkg. Bought in June, 87 miles. Nothing but tinted windows and an AM custom cover. I'm going to loose my license if I keep it.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Fk a duck people can't drive. I get tailgated every day going to work at least by 6-7 people. This morning some stoopid broad was swerving in and out of lanes and sometimes straddling two lanes trying to figure out which LAN she thinks is moving faster.

I tell you we need strict *** laws. You cause an accident you get one freebie.

Second accident you get 8 hrs in jail or a full day.

Third you get three to seven days depending on if you break some law in the causing of the accident (ie texting, speeding, running lights, getting a blowjob, etc...)

Fourth you get locked up for a month to a year.

You kill some one you're gone forever if you were intoxicated or are chronic traffic law breaker.
Its not the laws that is the problem, it is the fact that 99% of people on the road are complete and utter morons.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

OP really sorry to hear about that. Depending on what you are looking for you could possibly wait a few more months until the '15 is released, then all other models will go down in price. Might be able to pick up a better Mustang for less.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah... But being a 14 model would suck to be forced to buy a used model. Unless u can wait and buy some remaining 14 brand new. But 15 would be good but prepare to pay damn near or more for a 15 first couple months.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fk a duck people can't drive. I get tailgated every day going to work at least by 6-7 people.
You kidding, I get tailgated about that much, people cut in front of me and spill paint and cement on the front of my car... People wanting to race(go ahead punks, I downshift and let them go) etc...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-649690747.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	136107

Name:	image-2921101711.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	136108

Name:	image-1768990503.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	659.0 KB
ID:	136109

That's what my GT looked like Friday afternoon, (open work truck with metal containers, cement and paint) now after about 3 washes and a waxing at home, it looks back to normal.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear about that man if that was me the cops would have been taking me to jail I would be p*ssed
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Man some mofo cut me off. I was going 65mph and he went damn near up my tailpipe for a while. After he realized I'm not gonna speed up cuz of him he went left and then cut me off.

I entered my lane while still side by side and would have clipped me had I not swerved and braked.

I saw RED.

I CHASED after him cuz I swerved I didn't know if he clipped me or not.

I would have laid him down for that **** he pulled. Motherfukkker didnt have to do that except for the fact he was trying to be a dik. But it was so congested I slowed down and gave up chase.

God as my witness I would have done everything I can to make him bleed unconscious.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

And as messed up as it sounds to say... If it was a woman/girl/***** I'd make her bleed unconscious too cuz if I'm going to jail for that don't matter if its a dick or a *****...

Being a woman don't give u any more right to cause a potentially deadly accident.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Man some mofo cut me off. I was going 65mph and he went damn near up my tailpipe for a while. After he realized I'm not gonna speed up cuz of him he went left and then cut me off.

I entered my lane while still side by side and would have clipped me had I not swerved and braked.

I saw RED.

I CHASED after him cuz I swerved I didn't know if he clipped me or not.

I would have laid him down for that **** he pulled. Motherfukkker didnt have to do that except for the fact he was trying to be a dik. But it was so congested I slowed down and gave up chase.

God as my witness I would have done everything I can to make him bleed unconscious.
2 weeks ago i was driving home in the far left lane on the freeway. Some jackass changes lanes into me, after riding my *** for a while back. I'm glad it was a really wide shoulder because all 4 tires were almost over the far left solid line. Hit the brakes, dropped to 3rd and let him hear American Muscle as i dusted him.

HID end all thread
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I had had my 2014 6er for about a month when I was at the intersection to cross over into my neighborhood, got my green light got just past the median in the center when I saw a flash of red out of my peripheral and slammed on the brakes just in time to miss a red ford focus doing about 60 well after his light had gone red (at least 5-6 seconds). Needless to say I saw red literally and chased that Fu!ker down and gave him the finger. I've was IRATE at the fact some inconsiderate little **** had almost totaled my new baby doing something so careless! And get this!!! Very next time I'm coming through the intersection a dumbass girl in a truck looking down at her phone comes plowing through the red light sideswipes a car and jerks right off of the road And into someone's backyard. people these days man
ArlingtonStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I dealt with stuff like that every single day at the same intersection on my way to school. ^

HID end all thread
Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Texting/driving should be a felony pure and simple with an attempted manslaughter charge attached. Another thing to do (because ppl will still not listen to it) is to put signal deadening material in all new cars and the only way to call out/get a call is to dock your phone and do hands free. Meh, wishful thinking... too big brother and dumbasses would just roll down their windows to text and drive I swear to god.

And sorry to hear about the OP's accident, that's ****ty all around and I feel bad for your buddy too having to make that call. Good she is going to be tried and the more stuff like this I see the more I think about getting a dash cam like all the Russians have.

And to the ppl chasing guys down and threatening to start fights etc... cmon man that makes you JUST as bad as the idiot who cut you off/ran a light etc... And even if you are completely 100% justified in beating some *** you're the one who is going to get charged with assault/battery and face a lawsuit from THEM most likely. Not worth it just let it go. If there is damage to your car memorize the license plate, pull over and write it down before you forget it and call the police. Or if they missed you and nothing happened just flash them with the hibeams, flip them off, lay on the horn etc... and then be about your business.

The one time I did have some punks try to follow me after they cut me off and I laid on the horn and flipped them off I drove about 45 minutes out of the way with them following me making threatening gestures the whole way out to the Air Force Base. The look on their faces when they realized what was happening as I passed the "Welcome to Joint Base" sign was absolutely priceless, I wish I had a camera. My buddy has done that once too on the way home from a baseball game in Philly except he claims those guys followed him an hour and a half from the stadium to the base in DE. Lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had someone stop in the middle of an intersection once for no reason. Stranding me out there with them. When I honked and they didn't move I just went around them. They proceeded to follow me very aggressively. I have small kids at home so I didn't go there drove around for 20-30 minutes with them following, screaming, etc. finally called the cops and gave position, rolled down my window and slowed and showed them the phone. Said cops are on the way - they finally whipped a u-turn and left me alone.

Very dangerous thing for them to do especially in Florida with stand your ground law. I felt quite threatened and if they had gotten out of their car I would have felt in danger of bodily harm.
timle8n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by timle8n1 View Post
I had someone stop in the middle of an intersection once for no reason. Stranding me out there with them. When I honked and they didn't move I just went around them. They proceeded to follow me very aggressively. I have small kids at home so I didn't go there drove around for 20-30 minutes with them following, screaming, etc. finally called the cops and gave position, rolled down my window and slowed and showed them the phone. Said cops are on the way - they finally whipped a u-turn and left me alone.

Very dangerous thing for them to do especially in Florida with stand your ground law. I felt quite threatened and if they had gotten out of their car I would have felt in danger of bodily harm.
It wasn't George Zimmerman was it?

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by timle8n1 View Post

Wow thats nuts, some people are crazy. I've never had any kind of situation where somebody was stupid enough to try and follow me.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I really don't want a 2015. I was perfectly fine with keeping my 2014, it was undefeated on nitrous, haha! I may go to the dealership and pick up a track pack car, but I really don't want 3.73's. Aside from a newer one, an 03-04 cobra is my dream car... Decisions decisons
Old 11-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
Wow thats nuts, some people are crazy. I've never had any kind of situation where somebody was stupid enough to try and follow me.
Like I said, I had a car full of punk kids try it and happened to my buddy too.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

So they got the hood up and noticed that it cracked a motor mount in half, the driver side frame rail is bent to hell, fender and door are done. Anyone know if they'll total it? Appraiser says he wants to write it off as a total, but its up to the insurance company.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
So they got the hood up and noticed that it cracked a motor mount in half, the driver side frame rail is bent to hell, fender and door are done. Anyone know if they'll total it? Appraiser says he wants to write it off as a total, but its up to the insurance company.
It'll probably be totaled

HID end all thread
Old 11-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
The damages have to total 75% of the car's value to be totaled. Sounds like it is.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

The damages have to total 75% of the car's value to be totaled. Sounds like it is.
Yeah, im gonna tell them I'll take a settlement check for $25-28k and the car back.

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Yeah, im gonna tell them I'll take a settlement check for $25-28k and the car back.
There the ones who decide what to pay you..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

And you can see what they'll sell you the car back for. Low mileage 2014 car will be worth a lot even wrecked. But it all depends what the price winds up being.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

There the ones who decide what to pay you..
Really? Ive read that the buyback price is 5% to 10% of the settlement check. The appraisal company also told me I get first dibs on buying it back over salvage yards.

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Really? Ive read that the buyback price is 5% to 10% of the settlement check. The appraisal company also told me I get first dibs on buying it back over salvage yards.
Yes you do get first dibs on a wrecked car if its yours. My dad did when he totaled his vette.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Basically they give you what it's worth not wrecked..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

They're not gonna let you have it any cheaper than the salvage yard will pay for it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Remember to make sure they pay you for value plus tax plus registration title cost.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Basically they give you what it's worth not wrecked..
Well... Yeah... That's understood.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
They're not gonna let you have it any cheaper than the salvage yard will pay for it.
Again, not what I've been told. The appraiser said if I ask for a settlement check of X amount (of which they agree to pay) and my car back, then the salvage yards are not even contacted about giving a bid towards the car.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion