Things you don't like about your Mustang? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Premium is not so premium.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
His 5th gear synchro went out.
Yup and it's all around garbage
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Yup and it's all around garbage
The transmission, yes.

Ford needs to ditch the MT-82, I'm surprised they put that in the boss. They should have used the Tremec that's in the Shelby
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #39
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
+1 02 5spd GT, hate the cold notchiness of the 1-2 shift on the 3650, it's absolutely horrendous...only in winter, and only when car is not up to temp, pisses me off lol
My cold 1-2 isn't that bad. But my god the 2-3 when cold is terrible.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Just a question. Do any of you guys with an automatic new edge feel a "thump" when you take your foot off the gas?

It's not a tranny mount cuz I put new ones when I took it to get the fluid changes a couple months back

It's annoying as hell lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone hearing a thunk letting off the brakes, also sometimes the brakes sound like they are creaking sometimes, I think it's just driving style.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Just a question. Do any of you guys with an automatic new edge feel a "thump" when you take your foot off the gas? It's not a tranny mount cuz I put new ones when I took it to get the fluid changes a couple months back It's annoying as hell lol
No I don't get that
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
2006 mustang GT premium.

I hate my stock shifter. SOOOO SLOPPY! And the leather material on the doors that peel off. So annoying.
PACK3NPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
2013 gt premium 2300miles

I know it's new so problems may not have arisen but the fact is........ I %+|#ing LOVE MY CAR! Before this I had a 5 speed 1988 toyota pickup and a 5 speed 2006 Acura rsx. This was a nice, well deserved upgrade. This car is {€{^ing awesome! I love the way it looks. I love the way it performs. I love that I don't have to sink a dollar into it to make it bad a$$ (not that I'm not going to once I pay it off)!!! 2013 is a good year for the 5.0
caligrownSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrownSD View Post
2013 gt premium 2300miles I know it's new so problems may not have arisen but the fact is........ I %+|#ing LOVE MY CAR! Before this I had a 5 speed 1988 toyota pickup and a 5 speed 2006 Acura rsx. This was a nice, well deserved upgrade. This car is {€{^ing awesome! I love the way it looks. I love the way it performs. I love that I don't have to sink a dollar into it to make it bad a$$ (not that I'm not going to once I pay it off)!!! 2013 is a good year for the 5.0
yes it is, 2013 was probably the 5.0's best year
Old 11-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
yes it is, 2013 was probably the 5.0's best year
I like 2011-12 better

HID end all thread
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I like 2011-12 better
Well I'm I bit biased, but either way, I think the 13's front looks better, the lights(front and back) are much better also, the vents on the hood are actually functional.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Well I'm I bit biased, but either way, I think the 13's front looks better, the lights(front and back) are much better also, the vents on the hood are actually functional.
There is far more customizable options for the 11 and 12 though... I don't mean by stuff available, but the 13-14 doesn't really give a good base for aftermarket body work.

HID end all thread
Old 11-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is far more customizable options for the 11 and 12 though... I don't mean by stuff available, but the 13-14 doesn't really give a good base for aftermarket body work.
I personally don't care about changing the body. To me it really is not necessary because it looks good as is. Especially with some nice rims and new suspension. I only care about the performance options and there are plenty for the 13.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I personally don't care about changing the body. To me it really is not necessary because it looks good as is. Especially with some nice rims and new suspension. I only care about the performance options and there are plenty for the 13.
I would only be able to do appearance mods, at least until we talk to dealers about what they would allow for performance mods without voiding warranties. Any mods that they allow will be done.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

you would be surprised man.... My dealer said I was good as Long as i didn't supercharge it. Wouldn't hurt to ask because the guy could of been lying. You know they will say anything.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I like 2011-12 better
+1 the 2011-2012s look so sexy, I just never really liked the hood and rear end of the 13 plus especially the rear fascia, the same color and the size kind of make it look animated, however I wish that Ford would have made the front of the 2012 GT and v6s the same, so I could throw on a Roush grill... I love te look of them, but not enough to warrant the cost of a new front bumper lol.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hate when you go to start your vehicle at 6:30 in the morning and the belt being cold/wet makes noise
Until it warms up
TylerJanocha21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I HATE HOW THE NEW EDGES INTERIOR IS SUCH CHEAP **** PLASTIC THAT ALWAYS RATTLES. It makes me feel like I'm driving a off the lot 10k car.

I feel a little better now.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you would be surprised man.... My dealer said I was good as Long as i didn't supercharge it. Wouldn't hurt to ask because the guy could of been lying. You know they will say anything.
Depends on the dealer, some are very mod friendly(like that guy, dang I want that dealer) and some are very stingy on mods.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
I HATE HOW THE NEW EDGES INTERIOR IS SUCH CHEAP **** PLASTIC THAT ALWAYS RATTLES. It makes me feel like I'm driving a off the lot 10k car. I feel a little better now.
+1 on the cheap hot wheels interior lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
'14 v6
Im surprised nobody has mentioned that stupid button on to open the armrest compartment. I always hit the damn button with my elbow when i shift, and i cant lock it while driving incase i need some **** out of it. That pisses me off a lot. F the button ill open the armrest with my fingers ford.

Oh and the mt-82 is pretty ****ty. Imported garbage lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
I wouldn't know since I have an auto, but since it's Chinese, yeah.

I had one guy on here try to tell me it was German made. If it was, it wouldn't have so many problems with it. Yeah Getrang is a German company that helped with it, but it was actually manufactured in China.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #59
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I HATE HOW THE NEW EDGES INTERIOR IS SUCH CHEAP **** PLASTIC THAT ALWAYS RATTLES. It makes me feel like I'm driving a off the lot 10k car.

I feel a little better now.
But it ages so well yes it does rattle but looks good for it's age
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
But it ages so well yes it does rattle but looks good for it's age
That's the problem. They kept it way too long. New edge should of had a change in the interior. It's about the same as the sn95 tho.

It's still not as bad as the new camaros interior tho hehehe

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 11-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #61
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

That's the problem. They kept it way too long. New edge should of had a change in the interior. It's about the same as the sn95 tho.

It's still not as bad as the new camaros interior tho hehehe
Sorry if I'm wrong but isn't a new edge still sn95
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Sorry if I'm wrong but isn't a new edge still sn95
If I am correct it's the 94-98

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
'14 v6
Im surprised nobody has mentioned that stupid button on to open the armrest compartment. I always hit the damn button with my elbow when i shift, and i cant lock it while driving incase i need some **** out of it. That pisses me off a lot. F the button ill open the armrest with my fingers ford.

I agree 100% on that stupid button! It makes me miss my 05'
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I guess I don't understand what you guys are complaining about with the transmission. I am in the market for a 11-12 v6, is the transmission a serious problem? I have test drove several but didn't feel anything that you have described? Transmission was super smooth and really short, but that compared to my 99 lol.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I guess I don't understand what you guys are complaining about with the transmission. I am in the market for a 11-12 v6, is the transmission a serious problem? I have test drove several but didn't feel anything that you have described? Transmission was super smooth and really short, but that compared to my 99 lol.
I haven't really had any problems with my 12 v6. Its a bit notchy now that its like 30 or so outside when I leave for work. But in the 8 minute ride its fine about halfway there
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Its not as bad as we all say. Feels a little clunky. Mostly just feels cheap considering the rest of the car is smooth as hell. I think they fixed all the problems it had in 2011(dont quote me on that). Aftermarket shifter brackets help (so ive heard)
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

The only thing I don't like about my '14 GT Brembo is how paranoid I am about someone scratching it. The transmission can be annoying once in a while, but mostly I have no issues with it and I get on it quite a bit. I guess I got one of the better ones or something.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Its not as bad as we all say. Feels a little clunky. Mostly just feels cheap considering the rest of the car is smooth as hell. I think they fixed all the problems it had in 2011(dont quote me on that). Aftermarket shifter brackets help (so ive heard)
My '14 with 3700 miles has every one of the common MT82 issues. So, no they did not fix it.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #69
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACK3NPANDA View Post
2006 mustang GT premium. I hate my stock shifter. SOOOO SLOPPY! And the leather material on the doors that peel off. So annoying.
im thinking about putting black suede on there
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
You don't notice it much in the sixxer BC you don't make enough torque to damage it, but the transmission is only rated at like 375 torque which the 5.0 is right on that number. So things like to break when you push it hard. The 1-2 shift problem was the fluid in the 11-12 models but was "fixed" in the 13-14 models when they changed the fluid.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion