Things you don't like about your Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Things you don't like about your Mustang?

Figured I would see what people don't like about their Mustang.

List year, model, mileage, etc..

'14 Mustang 3.7 MT82 Premium

I hate this transmission/clutch. How this pile of crap has ever made it's way into a production vehicle is beyond me.

After taking my car into several dealerships for issues with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor during aggressive driving and them either not being able to replicate the issue or telling me they couldn't fix it, I was finally told by someone at Ford corporate that everything is operating normally according to the information they had. I think the issue is with the fluid, BUT, if I change out the fluid myself, I will void my warranty according to Ford.

Now, with the temps dropping, the gears have started to grind .. a lot and all of them.

The car has 3,600 miles on it with a lifetime average of over 26 mpg, so not much hard driving.

I love the rest of the car. Just absolutely hate this MT82. So much that I have asked Ford to buy back the car. They of course declined.

Simply put, these cars (2011+) need a better gearbox/clutch or at least mine does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Figured I would see what people don't like about their Mustang. List year, model, mileage, etc.. '14 Mustang 3.7 MT82 Premium I hate this transmission/clutch. How this pile of crap has ever made it's way into a production vehicle is beyond me. After taking my car into several dealerships for issues with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor during aggressive driving and them either not being able to replicate the issue or telling me they couldn't fix it, I was finally told by someone at Ford corporate that everything is operating normally according to the information they had. I think the issue is with the fluid, BUT, if I change out the fluid myself, I will void my warranty according to Ford. Now, with the temps dropping, the gears have started to grind .. a lot and all of them. The car has 3,600 miles on it with a lifetime average of over 26 mpg, so not much hard driving. I love the rest of the car. Just absolutely hate this MT82. So much that I have asked Ford to buy back the car. They of course declined. Simply put, these cars (2011+) need a better gearbox/clutch or at least mine does.
the MT-82 is horrible, buy an MGW or Tremec, and a short throw shifter. I like my Automatic 2013 Red Candy GT Premium, I just wish that the wheels were black, I'm going to eventually have a black exhaust, spoiler, wheels, emblems, and eventually RTR striping, maybe the package.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Buying an MGW does nothing as you still have the MT82 underneath. A Tremec is not an option at least at this point for a 3.7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Buying an MGW does nothing as you still have the MT82 underneath. A Tremec is not an option at least at this point for a 3.7.
Will that sucks
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
+1. The mgw is a short throw. It does nothing to you transmission.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
2003 V6 118XXX miles

I hate how my third brake light is so nasty looking and how it rattles but that's just me & the one wheel peel lol I love it regardless if it's not a V8 I still get complements on my all stock car
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
2005 mustang v6
2005 mustang GT

I hate that they couldn't put a different material on the window seals to keep from scratching the window tint my hard earned money paid to tint. I hate how sometimes I have to turn the gas nozzle upside down to get gas in my babes. Im sure theres other things I need to think of
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Figured I would see what people don't like about their Mustang.

List year, model, mileage, etc..

'14 Mustang 3.7 MT82 Premium

I hate this transmission/clutch. How this pile of crap has ever made it's way into a production vehicle is beyond me.

After taking my car into several dealerships for issues with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor during aggressive driving and them either not being able to replicate the issue or telling me they couldn't fix it, I was finally told by someone at Ford corporate that everything is operating normally according to the information they had. I think the issue is with the fluid, BUT, if I change out the fluid myself, I will void my warranty according to Ford.

Now, with the temps dropping, the gears have started to grind .. a lot and all of them.

The car has 3,600 miles on it with a lifetime average of over 26 mpg, so not much hard driving.

I love the rest of the car. Just absolutely hate this MT82. So much that I have asked Ford to buy back the car. They of course declined.

Simply put, these cars (2011+) need a better gearbox/clutch or at least mine does.
Changing the fluid will not void the warranty. What a load of junk.
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Changing the fluid will not void the warranty. What a load of junk.
Ford would have to change the fluid, and it would have to be whatever fluid they use. Otherwise, warranty voided.

'14 3.7 MT82 Premium
Another thing I do not like, the interior door panels. Could they have used a harder plastic? I never really paid attention but it is rock solid. Where as the entire dash is nice and soft. Doesn't make sense.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2103, V6

The fact that its an auto lol. When I first got the car I had no clue how to drive stick, but of course, now I have friends driving manuals and they've showed me how to drive stick and let me drive their cars and I can actually drive manual now lol. But, whatever, not going to complain or sell it because its my first car and my parents bought it for me
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
This could be a great vent thread.

2000 GT 89K

I hate how nobody will give me the time of day when I pull up to a light. I think I've gotten maybe 3 compliments from random people the whole time I've owned this thing!! I also hate that I've grown quite attached to this car even though it's slow as hell. Last thing, I hate how my brakes squeak when I'm not actually braking.

I feel much better now...
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
2005 mustang v6 2005 mustang GT I hate that they couldn't put a different material on the window seals to keep from scratching the window tint my hard earned money paid to tint. I hate how sometimes I have to turn the gas nozzle upside down to get gas in my babes. Im sure theres other things I need to think of
+1 on that. I also don't like how every interior piece seems to rattle on my 06
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
+1 on that. I also don't like how every interior piece seems to rattle on my 06
+1 that +1
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: California
I love my car even though it's not the fastest thing on the road BY ANY MEANS!! Lol

But..

The thing I hate the most are the seatbelts on my new edge. They always get twisted and never want to work properly. The always get snagged and stay extra loose or get caught and won't come out.

Someone should figure out a seatbelt mod lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I love my car even though it's not the fastest thing on the road BY ANY MEANS!! Lol

But..

The thing I hate the most are the seatbelts on my new edge. They always get twisted and never want to work properly. The always get snagged and stay extra loose or get caught and won't come out.

Someone should figure out a seatbelt mod lol
Or they love to lock haha love to break check when my girl is in the car and seatbelt won't unlock afterwards lol
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
2103, V6 The fact that its an auto lol. When I first got the car I had no clue how to drive stick, but of course, now I have friends driving manuals and they've showed me how to drive stick and let me drive their cars and I can actually drive manual now lol. But, whatever, not going to complain or sell it because its my first car and my parents bought it for me
I agree..

Even though I knew how to drive one before I got it .. I just hate how the auto shifts while driving in town .. Ugh ...
Old 11-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

I have a '13 V6.

I hate the fact that the seats backs don't return to their original position once you lean then forward. I always have to find my "sweet spot" again.

The SYNC menu on my Shaker radio is like a rat maze.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I love my car even though it's not the fastest thing on the road BY ANY MEANS!! Lol But.. The thing I hate the most are the seatbelts on my new edge. They always get twisted and never want to work properly. The always get snagged and stay extra loose or get caught and won't come out. Someone should figure out a seatbelt mod lol
My 96 is like this as well. I think they used the same junk seatbelt set ups for around ten years (don't know for a fact). They are freaking terrible!! Makes we any to break things.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
My 96 is like this as well. I think they used the same junk seatbelt set ups for around ten years (don't know for a fact). They are freaking terrible!! Makes we any to break things.
edit last sentence "makes me want to break things" now I will be breaking my phone.
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
My 96 is like this as well. I think they used the same junk seatbelt set ups for around ten years (don't know for a fact). They are freaking terrible!! Makes we any to break things. ---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ---------- edit last sentence "makes me want to break things" now I will be breaking my phone.
+1 same here
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

edit last sentence "makes me want to break things" now I will be breaking my phone.
LOL
Old 11-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
2103, V6

The fact that its an auto lol. When I first got the car I had no clue how to drive stick, but of course, now I have friends driving manuals and they've showed me how to drive stick and let me drive their cars and I can actually drive manual now lol. But, whatever, not going to complain or sell it because its my first car and my parents bought it for me
Finally a young man that appreciates what his parent's have done. Instead of complaining it's an auto or v6, how munch can I get if I trade blah blah blah.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Finally a young man that appreciates what his parent's have done. Instead of complaining it's an auto or v6, how munch can I get if I trade blah blah blah.
+1

02 5spd GT, hate the cold notchiness of the 1-2 shift on the 3650, it's absolutely horrendous...only in winter, and only when car is not up to temp, pisses me off lol
Old 11-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
96 Cobra 122,000

Hate the T-45. When it's cold it doesn't want to go into reverse.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

2014 v6 manual

I love almost everything about the car except I hate the mt-82 transmission. But there's been enough said about that already.

There a couple minor things that bug me but I can live with. One, I wish the cup holder console was lower because when there's a drink in it it becomes pretty awkward to shift. Two, after my car's been sitting for a while the cabin gets pretty humid, which makes entry pretty nasty in the Texas heat. I think the firewall must be poorly sealed because one time I also had water dripping on my left foot when it was raining. Oh yeah, and the sound system is pretty low rate. But other than those things I've been really happy with it.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
2014 v6 manual

I love almost everything about the car except I hate the mt-82 transmission. But there's been enough said about that already.

There a couple minor things that bug me but I can live with. One, I wish the cup holder console was lower because when there's a drink in it it becomes pretty awkward to shift. Two, after my car's been sitting for a while the cabin gets pretty humid, which makes entry pretty nasty in the Texas heat. I think the firewall must be poorly sealed because one time I also had water dripping on my left foot when it was raining. Oh yeah, and the sound system is pretty low rate. But other than those things I've been really happy with it.
Check you cowl drains located on the firewall down low. When they fill with debris the water backs up into the car. Could also be a leaking windshield.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
2003 GT 78k

I love how my car looks now.. But could always look better. I love the color black but I hate having to maintain it.. So much work! I also have grown quite attached to it although it's super slow compared to a lot of cars and it not cheap to get it to where I want it. I also hate that fact that I live in Colorado and can't drive it all year round.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
+1 02 5spd GT, hate the cold notchiness of the 1-2 shift on the 3650, it's absolutely horrendous...only in winter, and only when car is not up to temp, pisses me off lol
maaaan, i thought i was going nuts with that. I never saw anyone talk about it. Would you describe it as a clank, while going from 1-2? That's what i got. Friggin hate cold starts. Mine happens every morning. Now, if i were to start the car, pull it back down the driveway a bit, shut it off for a few, then try it again... Nothin. Shifts fine. Most irritating thing about this car. Also, the lack of power, but hey. When i unleash it again in the spring, it'll feel fast again. But, i do tend to turn a lot of heads in it. So, i still enjoy the car.

2002 GT with 67k on the clock, btw.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Check you cowl drains located on the firewall down low. When they fill with debris the water backs up into the car. Could also be a leaking windshield.
Will do, thanks.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
maaaan, i thought i was going nuts with that. I never saw anyone talk about it. Would you describe it as a clank, while going from 1-2? That's what i got. Friggin hate cold starts. Mine happens every morning. Now, if i were to start the car, pull it back down the driveway a bit, shut it off for a few, then try it again... Nothin. Shifts fine. Most irritating thing about this car. Also, the lack of power, but hey. When i unleash it again in the spring, it'll feel fast again. But, i do tend to turn a lot of heads in it. So, i still enjoy the car. 2002 GT with 67k on the clock, btw.
Oh yea 1-2 clank, extremely common with the tremec 3650
Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Had a 2001 GT

Like someone said before, THE SEAT BELTS. I just wanted to pull my hair out sometimes!!!
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

2012 Boss 302

The MT-82 is the biggest piece of trash that Ford ever attached to one of their cars! I've been waiting over two months for them to fix/replace mine. Supposedly they are going to replace mine........ One day :/
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
2012 V6

The remote start :/ I noticed last week it wasn't working. So I took it in (still under warranty, yay) and they don't know why it's saying a door is open. I have to leave it. This was Wednesday. Thursday I get a call saying he has to order a part. Today I get a call saying it'll start but cuts right back off :/ he doesn't know what else to do. He called Ford and wants to keep my car over the weekend I miss it so bad!!!!
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Or they love to lock haha love to break check when my girl is in the car and seatbelt won't unlock afterwards lol
I did that the other day (not on purpose) and it was VERY entertaining.

I don't like the fact the seats don't have a memory setting.
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
2012 Boss 302

The MT-82 is the biggest piece of trash that Ford ever attached to one of their cars! I've been waiting over two months for them to fix/replace mine. Supposedly they are going to replace mine........ One day :/
What happened with yours?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What happened with yours?
His 5th gear synchro went out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion