4.6 to ls1 swap - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Wait wait.... Question.... How did you snap a rod? What are your mods?
It was pretty much stock, rebuilt it around a year ago because spun a rod bearing, had the crank turned and replaced the rods with Manley h beam rods, put about 20k miles on it and was on the way home this past week cruise control set on 75 and motor went to making all kinda of racket, it shut off but didn't have brakes so I eased back out on clutch and it started back up by the time I came to a stop smoke coming from under my dash and under my hood. Oil pooring from under the car and a piece of my block on the ground under the car. Oil level still was good on it even after I lost some, so idk really what happend just pretty sure it was the rod. Or wrist pin.
Mxwilly387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwilly387 View Post
It was pretty much stock, rebuilt it around a year ago because spun a rod bearing, had the crank turned and replaced the rods with Manley h beam rods, put about 20k miles on it and was on the way home this past week cruise control set on 75 and motor went to making all kinda of racket, it shut off but didn't have brakes so I eased back out on clutch and it started back up by the time I came to a stop smoke coming from under my dash and under my hood. Oil pooring from under the car and a piece of my block on the ground under the car. Oil level still was good on it even after I lost some, so idk really what happend just pretty sure it was the rod. Or wrist pin.
Better call manley

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
a piece of my block on the ground under the car. Oil level still was good on it even after I lost some, so idk really what happend just pretty sure it was the rod. Or wrist pin.
Or the piece of block on the ground,,
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Better call manley ---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ---------- Or the piece of block on the ground,,
I'm pretty Manley
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
You just lost your Stang card
+1

I am a semi purist. (If there is such a thing) but really! Raping a collector car Ford Chevy or Doge just seems like the ultimate car god sin.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I say go for it. An LS1 with everything you need to put it in and go will cost 3-5k max. The 5.0 engine alone is usually around 6k, and its not even as easy of a swap. Then all you have to do is a h/c/i swap and a bit of spray and you are walking most cars on the road.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
If this was a 6 banger or GT id say go for it, but it's a special edition. You do this and you've destroyed a collector's car. To each his own but in my opinion you've destroyed the heritage of your Mach 1 if you did this.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

God people what does it matter, it's a damn car, I got the Mach 1 for a reason I love the car sorry mommy and daddy didn't spoil me like most I've had a job since before I was out of high school working full time ours I'm just not as fortunate as most. The car looks amazing and what does it matter what I have under the good, hp is hp. Y'all should make a forum talking crap to all the people who have totaled these cars out, cause there is nothing left of those I'm just not financially able to put another 4v 4.6 in it. Sorry.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
God people what does it matter, it's a damn car, I got the Mach 1 for a reason I love the car sorry mommy and daddy didn't spoil me like most I've had a job since before I was out of high school working full time ours I'm just not as fortunate as most. The car looks amazing and what does it matter what I have under the good, hp is hp. Y'all should make a forum talking crap to all the people who have totaled these cars out, cause there is nothing left of those I'm just not financially able to put another 4v 4.6 in it. Sorry.
+1000000 just swap it who cares what they say. Make sure you make a build thread though
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I love the new edge look, like you said hp is hp,, hmm. Go for it man
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Luckily this is America and you can do whatever you want. But that also means if someone wants to tell you your and idiot and are ruining a collectors car, we can. Not everything is puppies and rainbows and your not always going to get positive feedback, I can't believe you are surprised that you got crap for wanting to put a chevy motor in a mach 1 from people on a mustang forum.

The only helpful advice I can offer is that I hope you plan on keeping the car for awhile because it's probably going to be very hard to sell a LS1 swapped Mach 1. And even then the value won't even be close to what it would have been worth with a 4v regardless of how much faster it is with the ls1.
87fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Who is gonna look under the hood besides him anyways? Nobody lol. He didn't ask for opinions he asked for advice. I thought it was a whack thing to do as well, but like he said not everybody is in the position to buy a new 4v engine. BLOCK AND ALL. Also guess what? An ls1 gets better gas mileage than a 4.6 has tons more hp and he's getting it on the cheap. You niggas are gonna be all butt hurt when he blows the doors off your "real Mach 1"

Also you really should talk to Manley about this
Old 11-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Who is gonna look under the hood besides him anyways? Nobody lol. He didn't ask for opinions he asked for advice. I thought it was a whack thing to do as well, but like he said not everybody is in the position to buy a new 4v engine. BLOCK AND ALL. Also guess what? An ls1 gets better gas mileage than a 4.6 has tons more hp and he's getting it on the cheap. You niggas are gonna be all butt hurt when he blows the doors off your "real Mach 1" Also you really should talk to Manley about this
If he puts the ls1 in it I will line up with him in mach for fun why not
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
If this was a 6 banger or GT id say go for it, but it's a special edition. You do this and you've destroyed a collector's car. To each his own but in my opinion you've destroyed the heritage of your Mach 1 if you did this.
A collector car? LOL it's nothing more than a special edition, worth nothing more than a gt.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
A collector car? LOL it's nothing more than a special edition, worth nothing more than a gt.
lol this guy it's worth more than a gt kbb them real quick and when they are 20 years old they will be a collector car
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #50
Road Trip!

If I would have known what a Mach 1 was before I got my mustang I would have tried to buy one
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Price of both with 60,000 miles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1735774514.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	136711   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4065548166.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	136712  

Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
lol this guy it's worth more than a gt kbb them real quick and when they are 20 years old they will be a collector car
It's only worth what someone's willing to pay, kbb means nothing.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Price of both with 60,000 miles
You couldn't get that for a 2010 lol
Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's only worth what someone's willing to pay, kbb means nothing. ---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ---------- You couldn't get that for a 2010 lol
And people are will to pay more for a mach over a gt people are willing to pay for a better engine
Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And people are will to pay more for a mach over a gt people are willing to pay for a better engine
The majority of ppl that buy car's wouldn't know what a forged engine was if you explained it to them. Sure, bubble wrap a low low mileage mach and wait another 40yrs and you might have something.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #55
Road Trip!

I'm sure the op will have no problem selling a Mach 1 with LS swap. If he ever decides to sell it in the first place.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Also "normal" people wouldn't buy a Mach 1. They would just think it's an overpriced mustang.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sure the op will have no problem selling a Mach 1 with LS swap. If he ever decides to sell it in the first place.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Also "normal" people wouldn't buy a Mach 1. They would just think it's an overpriced mustang.
My point exactly
Old 11-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
That's why the v6 is the most sold.
This man has a valid point :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #58
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I'm sure the op will have no problem selling a Mach 1 with LS swap. If he ever decides to sell it in the first place. ---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ---------- Also "normal" people wouldn't buy a Mach 1. They would just think it's an overpriced mustang.
Anything with an LS is easy to sell nowadays

HID end all thread
Old 11-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you don't know the difference between a mach and a gt. you don't deserve to drive a mach lol
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
90% of you guys need to chill on this subject - he's doing what he wants to his car, I promise you all you won't wake up with an ls1 under you Mach 1 hoods tommrow or anytime soon
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newline View Post
90% of you guys need to chill on this subject - he's doing what he wants to his car, I promise you all you won't wake up with an ls1 under you Mach 1 hoods tommrow or anytime soon
Lol well said
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only because you woke me up from my dream,, thanks a lot *******. =]„„ jk. Though when you think about it a stang with a ls1 is pretty badass.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

But frack it, high comp the 4.6. Look at the 4.5 from the 458 italia, that whore makes over 500 to the crank. Yeah yeah it has work done and tech shut up I know =]„ BUT tech and work on a 4.6 I'm just saying. I wanna comp the shiz outta my 4v,, only cause I wanna stay n/a BUT if all hits the fan why not dream of an ls build¿ I know many many people go fer make because I don't know why. In all honesty the only reason I have a stang is because I found something I liked. I wanted something fast,, that was my way in. don't get me wrong I've always liked stanged just an *** and a half load anywhere. wouldn't be number 1 sold if there wasn't. Bottom line when the run way is green lighted all that matters at the checkered strip is who passes first. Flag for my case, because track car.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

If hp is hp, would you put a 500hp riceburner engine in a muscle car? NO. The Mach 1 is a collectors car because of the rarity. Same as a GT? Lol. If they we're the same, their hp numbers would be the same along with their looks. If you can't appreciate a special edition, maybe you shouldn't own 1.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If hp is hp, would you put a 500hp riceburner engine in a muscle car? NO. The Mach 1 is a collectors car because of the rarity. Same as a GT? Lol. If they we're the same, their hp numbers would be the same along with their looks. If you can't appreciate a special edition, maybe you shouldn't own 1.
No because a 4 banger is a 4 banger. No matter the hp,, not a good comparison,,, good thought though. As towards looks I only see a shaker and umm yeah that's all I see

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Plus note, ONE DAY it will be a collectors car. But not today nor in 10 years.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How about you give me the money to build one and i won't have anything to say. Look at the history of an ls and sorry 600 bucks is 600 bucks that's cheap and american muscle which that's all I care about when it comes to cars.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
No because a 4 banger is a 4 banger. No matter the hp,, not a good comparison,,, good thought though. As towards looks I only see a shaker and umm yeah that's all I see ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ---------- Plus note, ONE DAY it will be a collectors car. But not today nor in 10 years.
Well said my friend!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #67
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if that happened though lol

HID end all thread
Old 11-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

How bout you sell your Mach 1, buy a 6 banging Camaro, then due the swap? Bam!!! Problem solved!!! You get your engine and muscle car and another person gets a Mach 1. Maybe someone who will respect it
Old 11-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Cuz than he has to wait to sell his Mach and than he has to find someone who wants to buy a crappy 3.8 lolol (nobody does)
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How bout you sell your Mach 1, buy a 6 banging Camaro, then due the swap? Bam!!! Problem solved!!! You get your engine and muscle car and another person gets a Mach 1. Maybe someone who will respect it
Not taking a 5k loss on my car, I'd rather make more power cheaper and keep it, so I can pull up beside people like you and watch you fade in my mirror. All on something cheaper then you have! I asked for help not ****** bags talking ****. I can go beat the thing with a hammer if it's what "I" want to do cause it's my car. If you want to help then great but if you want to talk **** say what you have to and go on, you're the main one on here with something to say.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion