WANTED MORE SOUND - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #36
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I am all for getting what you can out of a car, but I try to not break too many laws doing it
Or my bank account in paying potential fines if caught.

But there are many here that will continue to do so, and perhaps not get caught, which is why those posts continue.
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Or my bank account in paying potential fines if caught.

But there are many here that will continue to do so, and perhaps not get caught, which is why those posts continue.
Why pay "potential fines" when you could pay for "potential mods," am I right? (In this case a $10k fine could mean a supercharger, try to beat that O/R pipes!)

Yep, just how the world works, but I still prefer to be an honest man.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Why pay "potential fines" when you could pay for "potential mods," am I right? (In this case a $10k fine could mean a supercharger, try to beat that O/R pipes!)

Yep, just how the world works, but I still prefer to be an honest man.
I completely agree with you on this subject. Others however will continue to remove them.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
So the bbk o/r x pipe with bbk shorties would work and be legal?

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
So the bbk o/r x pipe with bbk shorties would work and be legal?
Yes until you say o/r...
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
No. And fairly easy, pretty much the reverse of taking of the stock manifolds. I personally wouldn't waste money on shorties though....but thats just me
And they leak too.

Heavy *** cast iron stockers FTW
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
just go to a local muffler shop and pick up some magnaflows and some shorty headers if you want to save cash if you want to go all out you probly going to have to remove those cats lol
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you had the choice would you go high flow catted x pipe and stock headers or shorty headers and stock mid pipe??
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
If your refering to the mentioning of removing the cats, I'd say he woke up on the right side of the bed, and is simply offering a warning to those who choose to use an "off road" exhaust setup on the street. Not only can a bad mood police officer tangle with you, so can a buyer if/when you sell the vehicle without cats. I've mentioned this before in other posts...my son got hit with this when he sold his Subaru WRX STI. Even though it was sold "as is", the buyer filed a suit, as it was not able to pass an inspection in his state. Saturday morning, my son was served papers, and he could either pay a 40K fine, or buy the car back. He bought it back, and promptly put the cats back on. Even a dealership that takes your car in on trade cannot sell it without cats, and can come back at you if they choose.

I'm all for fun, hp/tq gains, and pleasent tunes out of the tail pipes, but not if it's going to cost me fines.
This is why its great to live in an area that doesn't do inspections. I dont have to worry about this. High flow cats are fine here. Honestly I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for not having cats, and I've pissed off a lot of cops in the past. As for a louder exhaust. I'd get Mac long tubes and the pro chamber with super 44 flowmaster mufflers. They drone but,for me, I love Tue drone in my car. And nothing sounds better that super 44 IMO.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemaneric View Post
In y'all's opinion what is the best brand catted H pipe? And does anyone have bbk shorty headers and the ffrp axle backs?
I have BBK long tubes and a vatted H-pipe with 40 series flowmaster muffler. It was on the car when I bought it a few weeks ago.

Well I was going to add a video clip of my exhaust but I can't figure out how to get it to upload.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Never had the 44 series, but have you guys heard the 10 series? They sound a lot better in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Never had the 44 series, but have you guys heard the 10 series? They sound a lot better in my opinion.
I've heard the 10 series. I still like the 44 better. I always use dual mufflers with single inlet dual outlets. Sound solo freakin mean!!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Didn't know they did that, with the one inlet and two outlets. How does that change the sound? And also how do you make that work with dual exhaust?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Didn't know they did that, with the one inlet and two outlets. How does that change the sound? And also how do you make that work with dual exhaust?
Well I leave mine dumped under the car. I never add over the axle pipes. It changes the sound some. Makes it a little deeper and raspier which I love.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I have an 05 gt with dumped exhaust after the prochamber. I have pacesetter longtubes and just dumped it right were the over axle back pipes connect. And it sounds amazing
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
http://youtu.be/BlkR3Kd3sMc
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GTstanger View Post
Well I leave mine dumped under the car. I never add over the axle pipes. It changes the sound some. Makes it a little deeper and raspier which I love.
Ooooo alright I get it now, I have a 94 gt and I love the look of the dual pipes coming out the back. But thanks for the knowledge.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

IMO, get a catted X, go to a shop and make the H. Way easier than dealing with those idiots at MRT.[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand the difference between and X and an H pipe. Obviously they look different but for the v6 our only option is an X pipe no? I just bought the Ford racing cut and clamp x pipe and now youve got me 20 kinds of confused

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion