GT Track Key? (not the Boss one) - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Also what should be included with the packet? Key, Software and? Heard there was a K&N filter?
The TrackKey includes the Key, a voucher for the key and a K&N filter. You will have to go to the dealer to have the key cut and have it programed to your car. There's no way around that. I love mine, love the lopey idle and launch control. The best part is you can use it when you want. If you want to go back to stock and you do is put the stock key back in.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 02:04 PM   #107

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Bump...

I am about to pull the trigger on this and would like to know what you have to say. No one answered this post, sure would like some input on it.

Looking at purchasing through Tasca. They seem to have the best price and free ship. Anyone willing to share purchase experiences??
Shaneyusa- I haven't gotten the trackkey yet but want to. Did you ask your dealer how much it will cost?
mustangluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5.0nc View Post
The TrackKey includes the Key, a voucher for the key and a K&N filter. You will have to go to the dealer to have the key cut and have it programed to your car. There's no way around that. I love mine, love the lopey idle and launch control. The best part is you can use it when you want. If you want to go back to stock and you do is put the stock key back in.
Is there any way to get the lopey idle right when you start the car? (Kind of like the ghost cam?) I saw videos where you had to wait for like two minutes then rev your car and then the lopey idle starts.

Would you say the track key is better to get than the track cal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangluvr View Post
Is there any way to get the lopey idle right when you start the car? (Kind of like the ghost cam?) I saw videos where you had to wait for like two minutes then rev your car and then the lopey idle starts.

No you have to wait. I like the TrackKey better because you can use it when you want. If it's crappy out or raining, I just use my regular key. The TackCal, once you program it on the car, it's always on until you return it back to stock. I just like the luxury of being able to use both keys whenever I want.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #110

Quote:
No you have to wait. I like the TrackKey better because you can use it when you want. If it's crappy out or raining, I just use my regular key. The TackCal, once you program it on the car, it's always on until you return it back to stock. I just like the luxury of being able to use both keys whenever I want.
Thanks for the response.

Can I ask how much you paid for everything (installation/track key?) Where did you get the track key? I think once I got the total from my dealer they were charging like $600!

Also, is it possible to drive with the track key without waiting the two minutes to start the lopey idle? Will the lopey idle start once the engine is warmed up?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Shaneyusa- I haven't gotten the trackkey yet but want to. Did you ask your dealer how much it will cost?
My local dealers want way too much. Found it on the web at TASCA parts and AutoNation Ford for $330 plus shipping, so about $350. Will have to add the cost to install, most are saying about an hour of shop time, around $100. Should get it all done for under $450/$500. I have not purchased yet.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Since my car is a candidate for the Track Key, I am going that route. Like the idea of being able to back to stock with a key swap.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good info thanks!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

Can I ask how much you paid for everything (installation/track key?) Where did you get the track key? I think once I got the total from my dealer they were charging like $600!

Also, is it possible to drive with the track key without waiting the two minutes to start the lopey idle? Will the lopey idle start once the engine is warmed up?
I paid 10% over cost for my key and $60 labor, I got out the door for under $400. I do a lot of business with the Ford dealership and they always take care of me. As for the lopey idle, it only kicks in when two criteria is meet. 1st is the engine has to be 170° and once that is met, you have to wait 130 seconds. There is no way around it. Those have to be met before it kicks in.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 AM   #115

Quote:
I paid 10% over cost for my key and $60 labor, I got out the door for under $400. I do a lot of business with the Ford dealership and they always take care of me. As for the lopey idle, it only kicks in when two criteria is meet. 1st is the engine has to be 170° and once that is met, you have to wait 130 seconds. There is no way around it. Those have to be met before it kicks in.
I wonder if there's a reason why you have to wait so long for it to kick in.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wonder if there's a reason why you have to wait so long for it to kick in.
I could be wrong, but I heard it had something to do with the oil temperature
Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #117

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I heard it had something to do with the oil temperature
I guess I can see that.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Does he know the guy's from lethal performance and John Lund.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry was trying to send the email to a other site. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
You have to be careful, some dealers, (thinking mostly canada) the price is for the key, and the key only, plus the code, plus install, and no filter.
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Is the track key deal for manual transmission cars only?
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:46 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion