4.6 vs 5.0 - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #421
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
That is true if that happened then I would rebuild and forge the motor , then increase boost.

Yup than your good to go. You can go about as much as your supercharger can handle and/or traction will allow!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #422
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
Yup than your good to go. You can go about as much as your supercharger can handle and/or traction will allow!
And the rest of the driveline too.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #423
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



That is true if that happened then I would rebuild and forge the motor , then increase boost.

Hopefully a rod doesn't put a picture window in the block
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #424
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Hopefully a rod doesn't put a picture window in the block


Let's not talk about that sounds real bad...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
Yup than your good to go. You can go about as much as your supercharger can handle and/or traction will allow!
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
4.6 FTW!!!
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #426
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
But it would be foolish not to upgrade your transmission, and other stuff along with all that power. You basically have to build your whole car over again if you up the boost while forged
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
But it would be foolish not to upgrade your transmission, and other stuff along with all that power. You basically have to build your whole car over again if you up the boost while forged


Yup , once 600-700 HP + you need to upgrade the whole drivetrain , that would be
the same for the 5.0 too.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #428
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yup , once 600-700 HP + you need to upgrade the whole drivetrain , that would be the same for the 5.0 too.
what kinda blower so you have? Or were you the one who said you had an e-force?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #429
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
500ft lbs is around where the stock 10 spline input shaft likes to twist off. And its not just the trans either.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #430
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
500ft lbs is around where the stock 10 spline input shaft likes to twist off. And its not just the trans either.
yeah you pretty much gotta upgrade everything lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
what kinda blower so you have? Or were you the one who said you had an e-force?
Yup came with two pulleys 4 inch making 490 hp and 3.5 inch making 560 hp
with the competition air box good for 20rwhp . SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler/ Boost gauges are still in the mail ( UPS) should arrive any day now it was all sent in two packs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E-Force 023.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	139123   Click image for larger version

Name:	E-Force 022.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	139124  

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #432
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yup came with two pulleys 4 inch making 490 hp and 3.5 inch making 560 hp with the competition air box good for 20rwhp . SUPERCHARGER / Intercooler/ Boost gauges are still in the mail ( UPS) should arrive any day now it was all sent in two packs.
damn that's pretty cool. You might have to have it tuned down thkugh lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #433
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
damn that's pretty cool. You might have to have it tuned down thkugh lol




Yeah I was thinking that greed kills ha... perhaps run the 490 hp for now...
that would be wise .....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #434
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Yeah I was thinking that greed kills ha... perhaps run the 490 hp for now... that would be wise .....
It's for the best. You don't wanna have spent all the money on a s/c just to have your motor blow on the dyno or the next day lol

It's still gonna be a beast though no doubt
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #435
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



Yup , once 600-700 HP + you need to upgrade the whole drivetrain , that would be
the same for the 5.0 too.
Not true. Fastest coyote on this planet has a bone stock 6r80. There are also TONS of coyotes with stock mt-82s running 800+rwhp. Every boss came with one...
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #436
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Not true. Fastest coyote on this planet has a bone stock 6r80.
+1, and +1 for auto's
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #437
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



Yup , once 600-700 HP + you need to upgrade the whole drivetrain , that would be
the same for the 5.0 too.
Stop giving advice man. Seriously stop you have no clue what you are talking about.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #438
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
I love this thread lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #439
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Its getting old real dam quick. I for one am sick of your lack of knowledge. You keep acting like you know all this, when in reality you do NOT!
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #440
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Its getting old real dam quick. I for one am sick of your lack of knowledge. You keep acting like you know all this, when in reality you do NOT!
+1
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #441
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Its getting old real dam quick. I for one am sick of your lack of knowledge. You keep acting like you know all this, when in reality you do NOT!
How much does a full bolt on 5.0 make to the wheels?

What's the best blower to put on one? (Centri/twin)
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #442
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post

How much does a full bolt on 5.0 make to the wheels?

What's the best blower to put on one? (Centri/twin)
Cant give a exact # every dyno is different. Roughly I would say 410-440. For boltons. But as I said every dyno is different.

Blower question. Depends on what you prefer. Centri will have more power up top. They do not make alot of torque though. Twin screw/roots. Will have the power down low. Paxton for centri. Vmp for roots blower.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #443
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Stop giving advice man. Seriously stop you have no clue what you are talking about.


You are too funny , yeah you can run more power with the 5.0 so can I but you have to ask yourself do you feel lucky punk well do ya.... it may hold together for a while but in the long run unless you are forged things will go BOOM. FACT.


Once again just for you.....


Based on the failures that have been reported, I don't think it's fair to say that 650 is "safe". I am assuming that you are referring to RWHP? Every failure that I have read about involved pushing it higher than 600 RWHP. I still don't know of anyone who was running under 600, with a reputable tune, and had an engine failure. There are quite a few in the 620 and up range that paid the price, though. Unless you don't plan to really drive it hard at all (to which I would say, what's the point then?), I wouldn't go higher than 600ish RWHP. Some would even say lower, like 550.

I installed a Roush TVS on my 2011 at 10K miles, and I am now at 16K with no problems. As much as I would love to crank up the boost some more and upgrade the driveshaft, clutch, and fuel system, I would rather not deal with having to rebuild the engine. I am at 576 RWHP which is HELLA FUN on the streets, and I am pretty content with it. We all want more, but you have to balance your wants with your checkbook.

That said, if my **** pops, I'm getting it built. I love this car too damned much.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #444
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



You are too funny , yeah you can run more power with the 5.0 so can I but you have to ask yourself do you feel lucky punk well do ya.... it may hold together for a while but in the long run unless you are forged things will go BOOM. FACT.

Once again just for you.....

Based on the failures that have been reported, I don't think it's fair to say that 650 is "safe". I am assuming that you are referring to RWHP? Every failure that I have read about involved pushing it higher than 600 RWHP. I still don't know of anyone who was running under 600, with a reputable tune, and had an engine failure. There are quite a few in the 620 and up range that paid the price, though. Unless you don't plan to really drive it hard at all (to which I would say, what's the point then?), I wouldn't go higher than 600ish RWHP. Some would even say lower, like 550.

I installed a Roush TVS on my 2011 at 10K miles, and I am now at 16K with no problems. As much as I would love to crank up the boost some more and upgrade the driveshaft, clutch, and fuel system, I would rather not deal with having to rebuild the engine. I am at 576 RWHP which is HELLA FUN on the streets, and I am pretty content with it. We all want more, but you have to balance your wants with your checkbook.

That said, if my **** pops, I'm getting it built. I love this car too damned much.
Someone bann this clown.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #445
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
So a bolt on 4.6 with blower at 8# will run the same or slightly below a bolt on coyote
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #446
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Cant give a exact # every dyno is different. Roughly I would say 410-440. For boltons. But as I said every dyno is different.

Blower question. Depends on what you prefer. Centri will have more power up top. They do not make alot of torque though. Twin screw/roots. Will have the power down low. Paxton for centri. Vmp for roots blower.
Exactly twin screw /roots have the power down low , out of the hole they are
nasty that was my deciding factor with my purchase and they produce massive
torque numbers.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Someone bann this clown.


I could say the same for you ha... but I am not that RUDE.

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #447
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
So do 5.0s shine up top or down low? Or is it about the same where either would be just fine?

What gear ratios are in em?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #448
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
So a bolt on 4.6 with blower at 8# will run the same or slightly below a bolt on coyote
My old 08 427r at 8lbs made less than my coyote did when it had full boltons. I also lost to a full bolton coyote when I had my roush. I then sold it and bought a coyote.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

But yes. They will make similar power. The coyote will be faster though with good drivers in both

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
So do 5.0s shine up top or down low? Or is it about the same where either would be just fine?

What gear ratios are in em?
Depends on how you have it set up. They like to be revved high. With proper mods. Mine is set at 8,100.

Gear ration is diff depending on what you choose to run. Most stock ones have 3.31 or 3.73 for manual
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #449
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Why do ppl not really get 4.10 gears on 5.0s?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Damnnn they rev high as ****! Lol you lucky bastard hahahah
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #450
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
Why do ppl not really get 4.10 gears on 5.0s?
Alot of people do. Some do not like it bc 1st gear will be short in the manual. Just run a 28" tall tire and you wont have to shift into 5th at the track. Some are even running 4.56 in the manual with a 28" tire.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Stock the gt is 7k the boss is 7500.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #451
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Just get the 3.7 and be the man. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #452
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



You are too funny , yeah you can run more power with the 5.0 so can I but you have to ask yourself do you feel lucky punk well do ya.... it may hold together for a while but in the long run unless you are forged things will go BOOM. FACT.

Once again just for you.....

Based on the failures that have been reported, I don't think it's fair to say that 650 is "safe". I am assuming that you are referring to RWHP? Every failure that I have read about involved pushing it higher than 600 RWHP. I still don't know of anyone who was running under 600, with a reputable tune, and had an engine failure. There are quite a few in the 620 and up range that paid the price, though. Unless you don't plan to really drive it hard at all (to which I would say, what's the point then?), I wouldn't go higher than 600ish RWHP. Some would even say lower, like 550.

I installed a Roush TVS on my 2011 at 10K miles, and I am now at 16K with no problems. As much as I would love to crank up the boost some more and upgrade the driveshaft, clutch, and fuel system, I would rather not deal with having to rebuild the engine. I am at 576 RWHP which is HELLA FUN on the streets, and I am pretty content with it. We all want more, but you have to balance your wants with your checkbook.

That said, if my **** pops, I'm getting it built. I love this car too damned much.
Once again, WRONG. Look up the fastest stock block coyote and look at it's HP. Look up hellion turbos and tell me how much HP the owners car makes on a completely stock motor. Look up JPCs stock motor car. Look up sinister performances car. Look up Larry barringer who made over 1000rwhp on his stock motor and drag races it ALL THE TIME. Also, you do not have a 2011 5.0 with a roush blower so stop posting that you do. If you did, you wouldn't not waste any money into that 3v 4.slo. Maybe you should create an account at SVTP where the people (like rapintor) actually know what they are talking about and have very high HP stock coyote motors. Your copy and paste antics and non stop inaccurate posts make me want to rip my hair out. I bet you've never even owned a supercharger vehicle and something in the back of my mind tells me you don't even know how to drive a car with one. Get real dude... Stop trolling.

I'm glad I shrugged off the offer to become a mod because I would be deleting all of your posts.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #453
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torchredfrankie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 779
Getting my 3v kenne bell and then bye bye 5.0
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #454
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Once again, WRONG. Look up the fastest stock block coyote and look at it's HP. Look up hellion turbos and tell me how much HP the owners car makes on a completely stock motor. Look up JPCs stock motor car. Look up sinister performances car. Look up Larry barringer who made over 1000rwhp on his stock motor and drag races it ALL THE TIME. Also, you do not have a 2011 5.0 with a roush blower so stop posting that you do. If you did, you wouldn't not waste any money into that 3v 4.slo. Maybe you should create an account at SVTP where the people (like rapintor) actually know what they are talking about and have very high HP stock coyote motors. Your copy and paste antics and non stop inaccurate posts make me want to rip my hair out. I bet you've never even owned a supercharger vehicle and something in the back of my mind tells me you don't even know how to drive a car with one. Get real dude... Stop trolling.

I'm glad I shrugged off the offer to become a mod because I would be deleting all of your posts.


What's with you people , I voice my opinion it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH maybe you have heard of it , everyone has a right to there opinion be it right
or wrong with that being said I DO NOT WANT A 5.0 or a DIFFERENT BODY STYLE
I really DON`T like the 2010 up styling AT ALL , if you read my comments you would know this and for your information I have owned OVER 20 cars in my life and fast ones and I'm actually an excellent driver/expert driver I have driven over 190+ mph on the German autobahn with a done up M3 SUPERCHARGED with 700+ hp my German buddy`s car so don`t tell me I know .............. NOTHING.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just get the 3.7 and be the man. Lmao.




Yeah a full bolt on 3.7 will beat a stock 5.0 , you tell em Kona

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Getting my 3v kenne bell and then bye bye 5.0
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #455
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Why is the bickering still going on?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.