4.6 vs 5.0 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: California
an exception? If it costs just as much to mod as a coyote than you can't argue against it. And it's still a 4.6
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
an exception? If it costs just as much to mod as a coyote than you can't argue against it. And it's still a 4.6
It doesn't. Pulley swaps and more boost don't have an affect on a bolt on coyote. Put a supercharged coyote vs a termi and the termi no longer has the upper hand.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat

It doesn't. Pulley swaps and more boost don't have an affect on a bolt on coyote. Put a supercharged coyote vs a termi and the termi no longer has the upper hand.
Except for longevity. The coyote won't hold up to 800whp for thousands of miles.

You should specify your insults from now on.

Btw, our 2v is dog slow. I forget because my wife drives it all the time. It's disappointing when I drive it. Almost as bad as my stock fox.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
Road Trip!

http://youtu.be/1A8vCopS96s
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

You are talking about a 4v cobra? That's an exception to the rule. Cobras can cost almost as much as a coyote in some cases also
I paid around what a new coyote goes for back in 2009. We can start adding comparable mods whenever you would like.

On a positive note all of our Mustangs have been lien free since 2010, I hate car payments.
Our's:
Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
LMAO, so true.
Let's just agree to disagree we both have nice rides , I just prefer mine...

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Let's just agree to disagree we both have nice rides , I just prefer mine...
I'll agree to disagree. Point is, we both like mustangs, and I prefer mine. Let's leave it at that.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'll agree to disagree. Point is, we both like mustangs. Let's leave it at that.
i refuse to let this thread die!!!!!!!

Pushrod or modular 5.0? Lol
Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i refuse to let this thread die!!!!!!! Pushrod or modular 5.0? Lol
Modular 5.0, I'm biased though
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The Coyote is not a modular, its a Coyote... And Coyote > Pushrod all the way no contest.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll agree to disagree. Point is, we both like mustangs, and I prefer mine. Let's leave it at that.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad we could finally get this sorted out after a few days of bickering, or has it been a week? I've lost track.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i refuse to let this thread die!!!!!!!

Pushrod or modular 5.0? Lol

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Glad we could finally get this sorted out after a few days of bickering, or has it been a week? I've lost track.
Yeah me too lol..
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Except for longevity. The coyote won't hold up to 800whp for thousands of miles.

You should specify your insults from now on.

Btw, our 2v is dog slow. I forget because my wife drives it all the time. It's disappointing when I drive it. Almost as bad as my stock fox.
The owner of hellion turbos made well over 800rwhp before he sold his stock coyote to buy a built motor. He sold his motor still running in good condition btw. Larry berringer made almost 1200rwhp on the on3 twin kit before he blew his motor on bad gas. JPC made over 750rwhp on their stock block coyote before blowing it after racing it SEVERAL times at that power level.

Also a termi motor will not and can not handle 800rwhp from the factory. Sure people have done it, just like coyotes have, but the pistons will fail at 600+. That fact is proven, but if you upgrade pistons then by all means have at it. That also tells me that you have nowhere near that much HP, and that you are assuming alot when it comes to your cobra. Don't think a termi is the end all- be all of mustangs because its far from true. Especially in stock form... That eaton will heat soak in two back to back runs and blower swaps are upwards of 4k if you buy new. I'm down to compare mods all day long. But if you're talking about touching the internals then consider doing the same to the coyote as well.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #50
Road Trip!

1000 hp mmr block $5199.99
Trick flow head upgrade $1499

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2832136473.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	137056
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1000 hp mmr block $5199.99
Trick flow head upgrade $1499

Attachment 137056
Old 11-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Who would win a Mach 1 or 01 cobra?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Who would win a Mach 1 or 01 cobra?
If stock a mach is a little faster then a 01 cobra
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
even with fuel and suspension upgrades all you have to do is throw a kenne bell on that ***** and is over for almost anyone
Old 11-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
No you will not.. Just because you put an engine in your car means nothing. Prepare to spend another 2k on a fuel system and another 5k+ on the drivetrain. All you are telling me by your post is that you have never built anything fast in your life. I wish I could live my life being as ignorant and carefree as yourself but I know what it costs to race. I do it almost every weekend during the racing season. Like I said, I'm calling you out. Post a time slip.

You obviously know more about racing than me no doubt BUT all it takes is $$$$
more than I figured sure but doable , anyways my SUPERCHARGER is not installed YET heck it's still in transit and I'm tracking it with UPS , so I can't give you a time slip where I live winter is approaching so next year ... that being said the guy I bought the BLOWER from dynoed his car exact same as mine and ran 450 RWHP on his stock set up. Now getting to 600 or 700 RWHP will cost a lot no doubt I agree but like I said all it takes is $$$$.

I'm quite happy with 450rwhp and no need to upgrade anything at that level
or spend more money ( a good tune is key ) I'm glad however you filled me in on the actual cost of going to that kind of hp . 7 k you figure ok. Plus forged internals likely another 3 to 4 k Plus I don't drag race for me my mustang is just a fun daily driver in the nice months of the year but like anything hp is addicting and I understand BIG HP MEANS BIG DOLLARS.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
F no. 3.7 baby. Easily handle 440 rwhp on stock motor internals and same transmission as the 5.0. Lmao. Now that's settled , let's talk about big titties and beer. First rounds on me gentleman!

I prefer german beer .... Becks , and medium size titties .
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

You obviously know more about racing than me no doubt BUT all it takes is $$$$
more than I figured sure but doable , anyways my SUPERCHARGER is not installed YET heck it's still in transit and I'm tracking it with UPS , so I can't give you a time slip where I live winter is approaching so next year ... that being said the guy I bought the BLOWER from dynoed his car exact same as mine and ran 450 RWHP on his stock set up. Now getting to 600 or 700 RWHP will cost a lot no doubt I agree but like I said all it takes is $$$$.

I'm quite happy with 450rwhp and no need to upgrade anything at that level
or spend more money ( a good tune is key ) I'm glad however you filled me in on the actual cost of going to that kind of hp . 7 k you figure ok. Plus forged internals likely another 3 to 4 k Plus I don't drag race for me my mustang is just a fun daily driver in the nice months of the year but like anything hp is addicting and I understand BIG HP MEANS BIG DOLLARS.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I prefer german beer .... Becks , and medium size titties .
Done on German beer for you bro and any titties are fine with me. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #57
Sad Panda
Staff

I like 4.6>nothing
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #58
Road Trip!

4.6>2010down v6
Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

The owner of hellion turbos made well over 800rwhp before he sold his stock coyote to buy a built motor. He sold his motor still running in good condition btw. Larry berringer made almost 1200rwhp on the on3 twin kit before he blew his motor on bad gas. JPC made over 750rwhp on their stock block coyote before blowing it after racing it SEVERAL times at that power level.

Also a termi motor will not and can not handle 800rwhp from the factory. Sure people have done it, just like coyotes have, but the pistons will fail at 600+. That fact is proven, but if you upgrade pistons then by all means have at it. That also tells me that you have nowhere near that much HP, and that you are assuming alot when it comes to your cobra. Don't think a termi is the end all- be all of mustangs because its far from true. Especially in stock form... That eaton will heat soak in two back to back runs and blower swaps are upwards of 4k if you buy new. I'm down to compare mods all day long. But if you're talking about touching the internals then consider doing the same to the coyote as well.
So what you're telling me is all of the documented high hp factory coyote builds are either blown up or gone...

I'm glad I know nothing about the 4v 4.6. I've never done different setups or pushed them.

Factory sealed motors have no problem holding 800 at the wheels for years. Can't say the same about the coyote...
Our's:
Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The Coyote is not a modular, its a Coyote... And Coyote > Pushrod all the way no contest.
The Coyote is a modular motor.

The Ford Modular engine is Ford Motor Company's overhead camshaft (OHC) V8 and V10 engine family, which has been produced in 4.6L, 5.0L (Cammer, Coyote), 5.4L, 5.8L and 6.8L variations. Contrary to popular belief, the Modular engine did not get its name from its design or sharing of certain parts among the engine family. Instead, the name was derived from a manufacturing plant protocol, "Modular", where the plant and its tooling could be changed out in a matter of hours to manufacture different versions of the engine family.[1] The Modular engines are used in various Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. Modular engines used in Ford trucks were marketed under the Triton name from 1997–2010 while the InTech name was used for a time at Lincoln for vehicles equipped with DOHC versions of the engines.

The engines were first produced in Romeo, Michigan but additional capacity was added in Windsor, Canada.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So what you're telling me is all of the documented high hp factory coyote builds are either blown up or gone...

I'm glad I know nothing about the 4v 4.6. I've never done different setups or pushed them.

Factory sealed motors have no problem holding 800 at the wheels for years. Can't say the same about the coyote...
They are blown up because they were all drag racing cars. They were pushed to the limit all of the time. Who is to say that you couldn't daily drive one of those 800+rwhp coyotes for thousands of miles if you weren't drag racing it?

Rather than stating you know nothing, why not say what you do know? How have you pushed your motor? What different set-ups have you done? Are you pushing 800rwhp? Have you ever even seen a 800rwhp termi in person or witnessed on lasting thousands of miles, or are you going off of what you have read?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

They are blown up because they were all drag racing cars. They were pushed to the limit all of the time. Who is to say that you couldn't daily drive one of those 800+rwhp coyotes for thousands of miles if you weren't drag racing it?

Rather than stating you know nothing, why not say what you do know? How have you pushed your motor? What different set-ups have you done? Are you pushing 800rwhp? Have you ever even seen a 800rwhp termi in person or witnessed on lasting thousands of miles, or are you going off of what you have read?
So you speculate a coyote will hold high hp for thousands of miles but want proof from me? Ok.

My personal car has been at 500/500 since 32k miles. I enjoy the power level and honestly haven't had a problem with anything I run into.

Cars I have spent time on:
TT, IRS, 6 speed - 832 whp on 93/meth
3.4 crusher, built 4r75w, sra swap - 760 on 93/meth
2.6 KB, IRS, 6 speed - 645 on 93
Plus several pulley or port/pulley cars.

I've seen more than a few rears and trannies torn up but have yet to see an engine let go.

What high hp coyote builds have you worked on and how many are still running factory internals?
Our's:
Old 11-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So you speculate a coyote will hold high hp for thousands of miles but want proof from me? Ok.

My personal car has been at 500/500 since 32k miles. I enjoy the power level and honestly haven't had a problem with anything I run into.

Cars I have spent time on:
TT, IRS, 6 speed - 832 whp on 93/meth
3.4 crusher, built 4r75w, sra swap - 760 on 93/meth
2.6 KB, IRS, 6 speed - 645 on 93
Plus several pulley or port/pulley cars.

I've seen more than a few rears and trannies torn up but have yet to see an engine let go.

What high hp coyote builds have you worked on and how many are still running factory internals?
I've installed 3 roush corvette killer 710R blowers. One of which went on to make 660rwhp on e85 and has almost 6k miles with no issues with two 9.90 passes and multiple low 10s. I've installed two Paxton's, and one procharger. One Paxton guy installed a tial BOV, ID1000 injectors, fuel system and is running 14psi making nearly 740rwhp on a safe tune shifting before 7krpms. Car doesn't get drag raced however and is a weekend driver, so no proof of longevity. And lastly I helped install a mammoth Kenny belle but that car makes about 630rwhp. All these cars have factory internals and all of them I had a hand in.

But in the end, not one of them have umade 800rwhp so I guess you win.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

I've installed 3 roush corvette killer 710R blowers. One of which went on to make 660rwhp on e85 and has almost 6k miles with no issues with two 9.90 passes and multiple low 10s. I've installed two Paxton's, and one procharger. One Paxton guy installed a tial BOV, ID1000 injectors, fuel system and is running 14psi making nearly 740rwhp on a safe tune shifting before 7krpms. Car doesn't get drag raced however and is a weekend driver, so no proof of longevity. And lastly I helped install a mammoth Kenny belle but that car makes about 630rwhp. All these cars have factory internals and all of them I had a hand in.

But in the end, not one of them have umade 800rwhp so I guess you win.
Not looking for a winner, just making sure you weren't calling shop cars the example of longevity.
Our's:
Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not looking for a winner, just making sure you weren't calling shop cars the example of longevity.
No, no shop cars I have worked on even have stock motors in them. Most of them don't even have stock wiring harnesses if that means anything. I've been researching the past couple days and I see very, very few termis in the 800rwhp range +\- 100hp and they are all either built motor or for sale with "fuel issues." The 600hp termis are a dime a dozen however
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well come up with one that works.
It could have gone to either engine, I assumed that people would know I was talking about the 4.6 since that's the thread...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
It could have gone to either engine, I assumed that people would know I was talking about the 4.6 since that's the thread...
You making fun of the 4.6 now?
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #68
Road Trip!

Quote:
Sound it out and tell me if that makes any sense. 4.sex works well.
+1
Old 11-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
3.8 ftw
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
3.8 ftw
Do you mean 3.7?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion