Finally Starting my Build! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Finally Starting my Build!

I finally pulled the trigger on what I'm calling my stage 1.5 build!

Stage 0.5 was:
1. MGW Short Shifter
2. Charcoal AMR Drifts Staggered, 18x9 front and 18x10 rear

Stage 1.5 is:
1. Kooks 1 7/8" x 3" long tube headers
2. Kooks 3"Catted X-Pipe
3. MBRP Pro Series catback
4. JLT Intake
5. SCT Tuner with custom VMP tune
6. BMR Lower Control Arms

Parts are on their way, and I'm stoked!

I also wanted to throw a shout out to Jason (jayman33) at hypermotiveperformance.com. All of this is coming through him and doing business couldn't have been easier!

What are thoughts on the build? I'll probably need some suggestions for sticky rear tires of the 295 variety haha

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I should also mention that I intend on keeping my 3.31 gears, and I have the MT82 in my grabber blue '13.
smbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbeard View Post

Stage 0.5 was:
1. MGW Short Shifter

Stage 1.5 is:
2. Kooks 3"Catted X-Pipe
4. JLT Intake

I also wanted to throw a shout out to Jason (jayman33) at hypermotiveperformance.com. All of this is coming through him and doing business couldn't have been easier!

What are thoughts on the build? I'll probably need some suggestions for sticky rear tires of the 295 variety haha

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I should also mention that I intend on keeping my 3.31 gears, and I have the MT82 in my grabber blue '13.
Ur car is gna pull hard and gna sound like a monster! Congrats on the parts sir
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Congrats on the build man it's going to pull like a freaking train son!!!!!!
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That will be a great setup. Like to see...hear it when done
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking forward to some sound for sure! I'll post videos and pics after install! I'm thinking I'll lower her soon too.

Thanks to Jason at www.hypermotiveperformance.com for the great deals!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Thanks again bro, you're going to love the monster when all done.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I finally pulled the trigger on what I'm calling my stage 1.5 build! Stage 0.5 was: 1. MGW Short Shifter 2. Charcoal AMR Drifts Staggered, 18x9 front and 18x10 rear Stage 1.5 is: 1. Kooks 1 7/8" x 3" long tube headers 2. Kooks 3"Catted X-Pipe 3. MBRP Pro Series catback 4. JLT Intake 5. SCT Tuner with custom VMP tune 6. BMR Lower Control Arms Parts are on their way, and I'm stoked! I also wanted to throw a shout out to Jason (jayman33) at hypermotiveperformance.com. All of this is coming through him and doing business couldn't have been easier! What are thoughts on the build? I'll probably need some suggestions for sticky rear tires of the 295 variety haha ---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ---------- I should also mention that I intend on keeping my 3.31 gears, and I have the MT82 in my grabber blue '13.
Your gonna get bored after you get all those goodies on the car, tell you what we can trade straight up so you can have a basically stock car to work on again and you won't have to be bored and I will take care of that grabber blue monster you are building! But in all seriousness that thing is gonna be a beast definitely post some pics and sound clips when you get everything installed!!
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday20 View Post

Your gonna get bored after you get all those goodies on the car, tell you what we can trade straight up so you can have a basically stock car to work on again and you won't have to be bored and I will take care of that grabber blue monster you are building! But in all seriousness that thing is gonna be a beast definitely post some pics and sound clips when you get everything installed!!
Haha, the next time I get bored I'll convince my lady that I need a procharger I-1!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Stage 0.5 was:
1. MGW Short Shifter

Stage 1.5 is:
2. Kooks 3"Catted X-Pipe
4. JLT Intake

MT-82 hmmm... I see you got a shifter. If it did not come with a bracket. Buy one the stocker is junk.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If it did not come with a bracket. Buy one the stocker is junk
The MGW is a kit, you don't buy a bracket like the Barton.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

The MGW is a kit, you don't buy a bracket like the Barton.
+1 night and day difference, installed before I even drove her 100 miles

Old 12-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

WOW!

Got everything installed yesterday!

Boy, that header install is a project, not something I would want to attempt on stands! Mated the MBRP catback to the kook x pipe with a weld, so if you order that combo be prepared for that.

She really rips now! I feel like I woke a sleeping giant. The VMP tune is right on the money, idle is perfect, AFRs are safe, fans run a lot more though. The note is deep but quiet at idle. When you hit the gas it really screams though, burns my 275s all the way through 1st and most of 2nd at WOT, even with the new lcas!

Very satisfied overall, now it's onto looks and probable more suspension!

I'll try to get some vids posted in the next couple of days for the before and after. Also taking requests for those that are interested in the combo, I can do slow/fast etc drive bys and close ups of the fit and finish.

Additionally, ask any questions about the install for any of this stuff if you have them. Watch for uploads coming soon!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Teasers

Here are some teaser images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131207_100449.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	926.3 KB
ID:	140443   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131207_100458.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	140444  

Name:	20131207_165115.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	140445   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131207_165131.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	140446  

Name:	20131207_181152.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	140447   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131207_181420.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	787.5 KB
ID:	140448  

Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
So replacing headers, some LCA's, a tuner, and some other bits is "building" a car?
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Reference "starting" in the thread title. Otherwise you're free to argue semantics add much as you'd like.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
So replacing headers, some LCA's, a tuner, and some other bits is "building" a car?
I've seen a lot of your responses to threads and feedback you've left. You offer zero insight and guidance to any and everything on this site. Such a pity.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
First thing I did on my car was a Barton 2post bracket and yea world of difference. Sounds like a good start keep us updated. Can't wait to put more on mine
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
First thing I did on my car was a Barton 2post bracket and yea world of difference. Sounds like a good start keep us updated. Can't wait to put more on mine
Sure thing! If you don't have exhaust yet, I'd recommend it! The sound really puts a smile on my face

Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure thing! If you don't have exhaust yet, I'd recommend it! The sound really puts a smile on my face
I'm glad you like it brother, you choose a very good system that's pretty aggressive too. Are you happy with the tune so far?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I'm glad you like it brother, you choose a very good system that's pretty aggressive too. Are you happy with the tune so far?
Yeah man, so far so good! I need to figure out how to get more traction!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

lol, I have a solution for that!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yea he does lol. I'm putting a few of them on today if the rain let's up
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't spend any more for a little bit, but lay it out for me. I want to know what's next. I've got ideas from what I have read on here. Not looking for just straight line though. I want it to do well on the corners too

Old 12-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have exhaust just haven't gotten it put on yet due to hand injury and waiting for the right muffler to get here. Gotta get x pipe and LTs next. Just focused more on suspension for now. Plus splitting cost with my gun builds.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
I have exhaust just haven't gotten it put on yet due to hand injury and waiting for the right muffler to get here. Gotta get x pipe and LTs next. Just focused more on suspension for now. Plus splitting cost with my gun builds.
When you install, consider VMP for the new tune, it's worth the extra money. This tune really pulls. What's your suspension build?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When you install, consider VMP for the new tune, it's worth the extra money. This tune really pulls. What's your suspension build?
I already got BAMA lifetime tunes. They pull hard and run smooth. Right now I already have SR springs and I'm planning on BMR for pan hard bar and bracket, LCA and relocation brackets and adjustable UCA and bracket. That's what I'm getting before I put springs on then I'm going to do a few chassis bars and watts link maybe.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #27

Region: Nebraska
Meridan5.0, tell me why you're doing the suspension mods. What performance/handling increases will it give you?
nebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebob View Post
Meridan5.0, tell me why you're doing the suspension mods. What performance/handling increases will it give you?
The UCA and bracket reduce wheel hop and realign the pinion angle of the driveshaft after lowering the car.

The LCA reduce flex and help keep the tires planted.

The LCA relocation brackets realign the angle after lowering and can be adjusted lower to plant the tires even more so.

The lowering springs lower center of gravity and reduce body roll to keep the car stable in curves.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

The UCA and bracket reduce wheel hop and realign the pinion angle of the driveshaft after lowering the car.

The LCA reduce flex and help keep the tires planted.

The LCA relocation brackets realign the angle after lowering and can be adjusted lower to plant the tires even more so.

The lowering springs lower center of gravity and reduce body roll to keep the car stable in curves.
Great, succinct, explanation.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
What tires are you running, OP? my 13 came stock with 19's so I put my aftermarket staggered 18's on it to have the wider tires for grip but now they look to small for the car. Been looking at some new rubber but 285/45's are freakin expensive! Mine's a daily driver rain or shine so I don't want drag radials need something semi practical but still offer some performance rain or shine......
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian13 View Post
What tires are you running, OP? my 13 came stock with 19's so I put my aftermarket staggered 18's on it to have the wider tires for grip but now they look to small for the car. Been looking at some new rubber but 285/45's are freakin expensive! Mine's a daily driver rain or shine so I don't want drag radials need something semi practical but still offer some performance rain or shine......
I'm running Sumitomo HTRZ IIs in 255/45r18 and 275/40r18. I have no complaints about the performance. I still spin, but my suspension is far from set up properly. The tread has a nice, aggressive look to it too.

Price on these is affordable:

Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Mustang Tire (275/40-18) 5517780 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping 5517780

Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #32

Region: Nebraska
Suspension mods

Merican5.0,
Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a wheel hop problem but have put Eibach pro kit springs on. I suppose I should correct the geometry changes from lowering.
nebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Great, succinct, explanation.
I ain't gonna lie, I had to Google succinct but I learned a new word and BTW thanks
Old 12-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I'm running Sumitomo HTRZ IIs in 255/45r18 and 275/40r18. I have no complaints about the performance. I still spin, but my suspension is far from set up properly. The tread has a nice, aggressive look to it too.

Price on these is affordable:

Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Mustang Tire (275/40-18) 5517780 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping 5517780
Yea, those are the same ones I've got on mine! I just got my SR lowering springs last week. Theyre my Christmas present so I'm hoping to put them on after next week. I'm hoping that after the drop they won't look small on there.
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebob View Post
Merican5.0,
Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a wheel hop problem but have put Eibach pro kit springs on. I suppose I should correct the geometry changes from lowering.
I'm not Merican5.0 but your welcome and yes you should correct the geometry. It will drive much better afterwards and it'll be easier on the car as well

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion