Car accidentšŸ˜« - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Car accidentšŸ˜«

Today another mustang backed up from his driveway while I was heading to work and smash his rear end with the side of my baby, the door and rear end panel are bend in and I'm all bump about it. I wasn't that post off cause his a really cool guy, just to be my neighbor and his parents are friends with my parents.
His ride is a 68 mustang and nothing happen to it, just my stang was all beat up. The dude was all bump out and was like sorry.... U have a nice stang and all fixed up...
Well everyone it's ok and I just have my heart broken since my baby it's all beat up, I have been trying to fix her up cosmetically and keep her up in good shape...
Got an appointment this tue with the shop to get an estimate. Hope everything goes well...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4227320699.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	138230   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3171818943.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	138231  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2901147700.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	435.6 KB
ID:	138232  
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That sucks man but lmao. "Man nice stang, looks all sup'd up, just got a dent right there" *points at the damage he caused*
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, good one... I just hope insurance don't give me crap... Taking in tomorrow for an estimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey it coulda been alot worse. At least it's not that severe (like structural/bracing damage). Yeah you lost a scoop, got a couple dents, and paint damage, but that won't be bad to fix, that's all damage that can be popped out fairly easy.

Heck just pull out the back seat and interior quarter panel now and give it a good kick from inside. lol

I know the damage those old Mustang's can do. I rear ended a Ford Explorer with my 1966 Mustang. He ended up needing a new bumper. He was really cool about it though, didn't ask for my insurance... he said now he could convince his wife to let him get the factory tow hitch & bumper.

(Story behind the accident-- very steep, winding hill near my house, semi trucks are forbidden, started at the bottom, no traffic, so I'm doing 40 up it (the speed limit), come around the bend and immediately slam on the brakes because there is a line of cars behind a schneider tanker truck).
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's right, I'm just glad I didn't rear end him coming out if not that would of been a nasty accident and maybe even gotten hurt...
I just want her getting fix right and hope it would be a easy process with the insurance. So far so good
Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Who is your insurance company? I can tell you right now, the WORST 2 I've ever dealt with are Liberty Mutual and Esurance.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's infinity, I had good experience with them in the past and so far everything I'd going smooth... But let's see what happens after the estimate
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How unfortunate, but I love those wheels you have. What set is that?
Thatdude156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Your neighbor's secret thoughts:

"Humph, he gets a nice new Mustang while I'm driving this old project car... Let me just add some 'classic muscle car' styling to it real quick."

*puts gear in reverse*

*bang*

*says to himself: "Gotcha b*tch!"*

"Oh man, sh*t my bad. Nice ride, oh I like that dent, is that custom?"
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatdude156 View Post
How unfortunate, but I love those wheels you have. What set is that?
Thanks, those rims are from Strada and I'm running 20's on her.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Your neighbor's secret thoughts: "Humph, he gets a nice new Mustang while I'm driving this old project car... Let me just add some 'classic muscle car' styling to it real quick." *puts gear in reverse* *bang* *says to himself: "Gotcha b*tch!"* "Oh man, sh*t my bad. Nice ride, oh I like that dent, is that custom?"
Lol, love that humor.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Follow up, great news insurance gave an estimate of 3500 dollars, great shop and they have restored a lot of classic cars including mustangs. They are replacing the rear panel, shell on the door and painting all the passenger side, they going to buff and wax all the car to make it look new, getting out two little dents it had on the driver side, installing my hood pins, new headlights that I bought from American Muscle, smoking my tail lights with a small tint not to dark. And also painting the plastic molding under the windshield since it was really faded. Can't wait for my car to be ready. I'm so glad the insurance was very fast and friendly...
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Follow up, great news insurance gave an estimate of 3500 dollars, great shop and they have restored a lot of classic cars including mustangs. They are replacing the rear panel, shell on the door and painting all the passenger side, they going to buff and wax all the car to make it look new, getting out two little dents it had on the driver side, installing my hood pins, new headlights that I bought from American Muscle, smoking my tail lights with a small tint not to dark. And also painting the plastic molding under the windshield since it was really faded. Can't wait for my car to be ready. I'm so glad the insurance was very fast and friendly...
Sounds like you got hooked up big time man! You're gonna be a smiling from ear to ear on the day you pick it up
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, thanks
Should be ready by the end of the week I hope. If not right before Christmas. Now I just need to save to buy some new shock and struts, I have the shocks and camber bolts to lower her 1.5 in.
So excited to get her back...
Old 12-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Yeah, thanks
Should be ready by the end of the week I hope. If not right before Christmas. Now I just need to save to buy some new shock and struts, I have the shocks and camber bolts to lower her 1.5 in.
So excited to get her back...
Wish this would happen to me...I have about six little dings total in both doors. Inconsiderate people. I actually watched a lady hit my car with her door. She just looked at me and kept on like nothing happened.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
Who is your insurance company? I can tell you right now, the WORST 2 I've ever dealt with are Liberty Mutual and Esurance.

I have Esurance and got into an accident last year the day after Christmas and there service wasn't too bad. They handled things quickly... I can say that they're charging too much and I'll be switching as soon as my policy is up.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo_281GT View Post
Wish this would happen to me...I have about six little dings total in both doors. Inconsiderate people. I actually watched a lady hit my car with her door. She just looked at me and kept on like nothing happened.
YeAh that sucks especially when they act like nothing happen. The body shop told me they usually charge like 70 dollars the first ding and lower the price for each one after that.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
I have Esurance and got into an accident last year the day after Christmas and there service wasn't too bad. They handled things quickly... I can say that they're charging too much and I'll be switching as soon as my policy is up.
I have infinity, I have never had a problem with them. I have done 3 claims with infinity and alwAys fast and easy. And it's really cheap comparing to other insurance company.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have infinity, I have never had a problem with them. I have done 3 claims with infinity and alwAys fast and easy. And it's really cheap comparing to other insurance company.

Progressive - Full coverage on my GT and my wife's Sonata: $165.00 a month. She rear ended someone a while back(In my Mustang) and it didn't even raise my premium. Accident Forgiveness!!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post

They were flipping useless when I needed them. Most insurance companies include act of god (see deer) under liability... they don't. And when I hit a dee with my 1966 Mustang they said they couldn't do anything. I switched to geico 2 days later. I got full coverage for less than what I was paying esurance for liability only.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
My MR2 was on the receiving end of a hit and run when I had Esurance. I got the guy's plate and they tracked him down. He had Progressive and they, of course, tried to weasel their way out of it. I watched it happen, had a witness and a square hole in the fiberglass where his trailer hitch went through. The estimator said "There's no way this could be our client, his bumper is clearly a foot taller than yours." When have you seen a bumper make a hole the size of a trailer hitch? Then the owner tried to say he wasn't driving, but he got out of the car as I was walking up, checked the damage, then took off by the time I got to his tailgate. I told them I could pick him out if I saw him, plus I had an address thanks to local police friends.

Eventually Progressive caved and admitted fault, but then Esurance raised my premium for someone else hitting me. I now have American Family and am paying $103/month for a '14 GT and love them.
KSconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I now have American Family and am paying $103/month for a '14 GT and love them.
Nice! You must be over 25 then. When I hit 25 I dropped down by $80 a month.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo_281GT View Post
Nice! You must be over 25 then. When I hit 25 I dropped down by $80 a month.
Haha I won't be 25 for another 5 months. My '12 Jetta that I traded in was about $80/month. I haven't had a ticket in roughly 4-5 years (knock on wood) and have never been in an accident. Although 2 of my cars were hit while they were parked...on 4 separate occasions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion