Shelby vs Boss Mustang? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I personally have never driven a Boss 302 however I have driven a 2008 Gt500 and a 13 Gt500. Both cars are great however the Gt500 is more setup for straight line racing and top speed while the Boss is meant as a track car. In my opinion I would rarer have the Boss because it handles better but also because it is lighter. Both cars are great but I would rather have a Boss. The only drawback of the Boss is the decision to put the Mt82 in the car instead of the Tremec.
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
From a Shelby owner… Who here drives their boss around corners like Billy badass on the streets? I think no one as they dont make road race events here- not street racing but legit courses. Unless they are blocked off and tailored to roadracing needs. We all say that is a track car. Well technically you are right. But if you only do right or left turns on a track that's not fun in my opinion. I can in a Straight line for as long as i want on the interstate. Unless I get caught… thebtorque the2013-14 has Is simply amazing! The boss has a huge downside with that transmission!!! I think with the right driver on a trackthe raw power could help the shelby time attack vs a boss 302. My biased 2 cents.
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob View Post
From a Shelby owner… Who here drives their boss around corners like Billy badass on the streets? I think no one as they dont make road race events here- not street racing but legit courses. Unless they are blocked off and tailored to roadracing needs. We all say that is a track car. Well technically you are right. But if you only do right or left turns on a track that's not fun in my opinion. I can in a Straight line for as long as i want on the interstate. Unless I get caught… thebtorque the2013-14 has Is simply amazing! The boss has a huge downside with that transmission!!! I think with the right driver on a trackthe raw power could help the shelby time attack vs a boss 302. My biased 2 cents.
That's what I was thinking, but curvy back roads that have a lot of turns are the best to drive on, so I was thinking the Boss can carve those roads well, but idk how the Shelby handles through curvy back roads. I love them both though haha.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

2012 handled just fine...2014- im scared of it lol
Old 12-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob View Post
2012 handled just fine...2014- im scared of it lol
Lol I'd love to drive a '13-14 Shelby!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Its like comparing a linebacker to a running back. Both may be great, but the Boss is more finesse than brute force.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
Its like comparing a linebacker to a running back. Both may be great, but the Boss is more finesse than brute force.
Agree but id say the boss is more like a 2nd string running back lol j/k

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion