Shelby vs Boss Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Shelby vs Boss Mustang?

Idk where to post this, if I post it in one of the specific forum sections about either car there's gonna be some bias, so I'll just ask here:
Which one do you like more? The Boss 302 or the Shelby GT500? Does anyone own either, or has driven either or both of these? They're both beasts, but I wanted to see what everyone else had to say about it.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You started something now, Laguna Seca is my vote.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Two different cars.
I have never driven a Boss, mag articles state they are good cars, road course suspension.
I own 2 Shelby's, anything I tell you would be biased.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I've driven the 5.4 Shelby and the boss 302. The 302 is a better drivers car. It's better balanced and definitely feels lighter... The Shelby is awesome, but it pushes in the corners and fixing it with throttle can be tricky. The Shelby has *** though. Awesome cars both... For me, I'd have the boss.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
First off I drive a 13 Shelby, this should tell you what I would buy. The Boss is a fantastic car. It is setup to race right off the lot. When you buy one you get a seat at a track to learn how to drive it to the limits.

http://bosstrackattack.com/

It is easier to drive and gets better mileage, I am told by a few of my friends that own them. The technology in both engines is far superior then anything GM or Dodge offers. I would not turn one down

The Shelby is cutting edge, more power, built to order (for the most part). With a few simple mods to the suspensions can be made to handle the power and corner better.

I went with the Shelby because I have always wanted one and could afford it.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Yea both cars are two different animals built for two different reasons. The Shelby of course is built for going fast and having raw power. The Boss is built for taking some corners. Each one could be built the same as the other after buying though. If I was wanting to get back into track racing I would definitely chose the Boss. Right now with where I live and everything I would go Shelby due to it only be drag strips around here.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
It really depends on what you are looking for. Stock for stock the Boss and pre-'13 GT500s are on pretty even playing fields as far as 0-60 & 1/4 times. But when you start doing pullies, CAI, & tune the GT500s scream in a straight line. But you put them on a curvy road or a road course and the boss will dominate every time. Hope this helped. I've personally driven my Boss and a pullied w/CAI '10 GT500 and I can truthfully say mine pulls harder off the line but if you replace the 3.31's in with a set of 3.73's that GT500 will be nasty.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I owned a 2011 gt500 with svttp package and although it was a mean car, it wasn't really much more impressive than my modified 5.0. The power bands are way different. I would pick a boss over a pre 13 Shelby any day. 13-14 is a different story. Those cars are a blast to drive, and it has a pretty good suspension already.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
Idk where to post this, if I post it in one of the specific forum sections about either car there's gonna be some bias, so I'll just ask here:
Which one do you like more? The Boss 302 or the Shelby GT500? Does anyone own either, or has driven either or both of these? They're both beasts, but I wanted to see what everyone else had to say about it.
You actually posted a opinion thread in a tech section......moved.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'd prefer a boss. For one, a boss will be more rare than a gt500 and have more collectors value. And two, because it has a 5.0.

The 5.4 gt500 stock for stock is right on par with a boss mustang. But it's still like comparing apples to oranges. Gt500s were made to go fast in a straight line and bosses are made to to fast through turns on a track. I'm not saying either couldn't purposely built for either, but you get a head start either way right off the bat. Bosses also have forged motors and are just a supercharger away from monster HP/tq numbers just like the gt500 would have with mods. At that point you would have a corner carver that is a monster in a straight line also. The only downfall I see off the bat with the boss is the manual Trans. Gt500s have better transmissions in them.

Now the 5.8 gt500s are completely different, they are only going to be in the 13-14 model which makes them more sought after, and they make 600rwhp from the factory. Can't really argue with that. A couple suspension mods and you have a all around rocket ship with a warranty. Can't beat that with a stick.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #11

Region: Connecticut
Boss.
Bleedbluejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would love both. If you have money for a gt500 go for it. But you will enjoy the boss too. You could always boost it too. But most want to keep it all original.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: California
I'd go with a boss. Since it's track oriented you already have the suspension work and forged internals only thing you would need is to boost it
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Comp orange BOSS 302 for me... The Shelby's are still monsters by all means. No where I can open up 600 hp in my area
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah, this thread reminds me of a church hymn we always used to sing that always got people emotional. "I'm a winner either way". Beautiful modern pieces of art.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Yeah, this thread reminds me of a church hymn we always used to sing that always got people emotional. "I'm a winner either way". Beautiful modern pieces of art.
I wanna drive your car :'( lol and I mean really DRIVE it we were suppose to swap in TN remember?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Yes my brother. I remember. We def gotta do it next time we get together. Hopefully ill have a few more things done to make it even more fun.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes my brother. I remember. We def gotta do it next time we get together. Hopefully ill have a few more things done to make it even more fun.
Maybe me too lol. I can't wait till Monday
Old 11-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

I been working on eibach springs lol. I just wish I could get away without pan hard. I think I have her talked into those for Christmas. I really worked on high flow cats. I think they are out of Santa reach this year. After I do get them though, then it'll be tb and hopefully porting the blower. By then, it'll be time to upgrade coolant system. Ok. Dang, it'll never end and never be done.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I been working on eibach springs lol. I just wish I could get away without pan hard. I think I have her talked into those for Christmas. I really worked on high flow cats. I think they are out of Santa reach this year. After I do get them though, then it'll be tb and hopefully porting the blower. By then, it'll be time to upgrade coolant system. Ok. Dang, it'll never end and never be done.
Never is lol. You can run without the panhard bar but your rear might be off center a little. You should be able to get the panhard for around $100
Old 11-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Yes sir. Our brother jayman priced me one for 120. If I can just get the springs, I can get the pan hard after. Hopefully.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I sure don't want it to he off center lol
Old 11-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I need to talk to jayman about a few things lol
Old 11-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

He is the man. Even with Black Friday deals, he was still within 20$ of LMR's eibach's. That's his everyday price for us lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He is the man. Even with Black Friday deals, he was still within 20$ of LMR's eibach's. That's his everyday price for us lol.
I'm the one that told you about him lol. That's who I got my trans bushing from. He had me one preordered like two months before they came out :p you should see my build list I have with him bahaha
Old 11-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Lol. I know. I wish he could get setup on the forum. He gave me one heck of a price on some cats. Just need a second job to keep up.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. I know. I wish he could get setup on the forum. He gave me one heck of a price on some cats. Just need a second job to keep up.
Exactly. He can't "advertise" those prices though for obvious reasons lol
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Yep. I got his back tho. Not only that. Dude is hella smart when it comes to our cars. He makes great recommendations. We will keep him in business lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. I got his back tho. Not only that. Dude is hella smart when it comes to our cars. He makes great recommendations. We will keep him in business lol.
Lol I hit him up when he first got on the site. He has a blown boss he knows his sh1t, especially his Boss'
Old 11-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Geez, are you guys sure the deals you're getting arent because you're shining his whistle?! Alot of love for jay man on this page
Old 11-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Geez, are you guys sure the deals you're getting arent because you're shining his whistle?! Alot of love for jay man on this page
Lol you haven't met our friend have you? Lol
Old 11-30-2013, 02:05 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Lol you haven't met our friend have you? Lol
No I haven't, I'm guessing I should?
Old 11-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

No I haven't, I'm guessing I should?
Yup lol
Old 11-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Shelby
JonathanMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

When u beat the competition by hundreds, u have a way of shining ur own whistle.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When u beat the competition by hundreds, u have a way of shining ur own whistle.
Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion