Pace setter long tube headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Pace setter long tube headers

So iv got full bolt ons on my s197. We'll everything but cams and control deletes. And I'm thinking about getting long tubes finally. Iv already got an off road pro chamber and I can get if custom fited to the long tubes. So does anyone have the pacesetter long tubes? What kinda gain can I honestly expect? The pipes are around 300 bucks...can it be spent better somewere else for more performce? Oh and I'm running nos if that makes a diffrence
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
So iv got full bolt ons on my s197. We'll everything but cams and control deletes. And I'm thinking about getting long tubes finally. Iv already got an off road pro chamber and I can get if custom fited to the long tubes. So does anyone have the pacesetter long tubes? What kinda gain can I honestly expect? The pipes are around 300 bucks...can it be spent better somewere else for more performce? Oh and I'm running nos if that makes a diffrence
Might get a hit of torque with the nitrous but when you aren't spraying I'd expect maybe 10-15 peak HP difference with a retune and maybe 15-20peak TQ. You could honestly get more out of cams, but you are limited in that area also. I think would prove to be more benefit than the long tubes but they would sound infinitely more BA with both. Tough choice.... I vote supercharger lol
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Might get a hit of torque with the nitrous but when you aren't spraying I'd expect maybe 10-15 peak HP difference with a retune and maybe 15-20peak TQ. You could honestly get more out of cams, but you are limited in that area also. I think would prove to be more benefit than the long tubes but they would sound infinitely more BA with both. Tough choice.... I vote supercharger lol
supercharger is the long term plan I wanan do everything else first like heads and internals. Maby even a whole new block so I can run a mamoth supercharger. But for now just the long tubes haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
supercharger is the long term plan I wanan do everything else first like heads and internals. Maby even a whole new block so I can run a mamoth supercharger. But for now just the long tubes haha
Hey I run a mammoth on my lightning! Good blower...

But anyway, long tubes are good for sound and a little power. They will make a huge difference when you start adding boost down the road. Also, if you are talking about building a motor later for a blower you need to get cams for a blower and run lower compression. Running hot rod cams or something of that sort might let all your boost out because the lope is too large.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey I run a mammoth on my lightning! Good blower... But anyway, long tubes are good for sound and a little power. They will make a huge difference when you start adding boost down the road. Also, if you are talking about building a motor later for a blower you need to get cams for a blower and run lower compression. Running hot rod cams or something of that sort might let all your boost out because the lope is too large.
yeah I don't plane on using hot rod cams. I'll prolly go with cames at the same time I get new heads and a block. I'll be going with a new block real soon.

How is that mamoth on your lighting? Iv got a friend with a lighting trying to sell me his motor
Old 12-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah I don't plane on using hot rod cams. I'll prolly go with cames at the same time I get new heads and a block. I'll be going with a new block real soon.

How is that mamoth on your lighting? Iv got a friend with a lighting trying to sell me his motor
I run 22psi through it often lol. I've had two snout leaks but they are easy to fix, and kenne belle ha always been good to me. If his motor is stock I would skip it unless you plan on staying 450hp or less. My motor threw two rods with the stock eaton at 16psi which was in that HP range. Since then I added full borla exhaust, kenne belle, killer chiller, mammoth intake, and yada yada then bam 680rwhp. It's really maxed out unless I wanna spray or go turbo the the KB is great. Almost 600rwtq at 3500 rpms, which is enough to make you bust a nut and wrap it around a telephone pole in .02 seconds.. I love it!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I run 22psi through it often lol. I've had two snout leaks but they are easy to fix, and kenne belle ha always been good to me. If his motor is stock I would skip it unless you plan on staying 450hp or less. My motor threw two rods with the stock eaton at 16psi which was in that HP range. Since then I added full borla exhaust, kenne belle, killer chiller, mammoth intake, and yada yada then bam 680rwhp. It's really maxed out unless I wanna spray or go turbo the the KB is great. Almost 600rwtq at 3500 rpms, which is enough to make you bust a nut and wrap it around a telephone pole in .02 seconds.. I love it!
we'll I found a block and rotating assembly good for up to 1200 hp. I figure if im ganna build a drag car I might as we'll go all out haha
Old 12-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
we'll I found a block and rotating assembly good for up to 1200 hp. I figure if im ganna build a drag car I might as we'll go all out haha
Yeah you might as well. My motor is from promar and it was a completele long block I got for $6500 on sale. At the time I looked for motors short blocks were near 3k alone and the for all the heads and accessories I was looking at 4k+ with parts. It was impossible to beat and this motor loves abuse. If they sell 3v motors id look into a long block. It's an easy swap that way.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah you might as well. My motor is from promar and it was a completele long block I got for $6500 on sale. At the time I looked for motors short blocks were near 3k alone and the for all the heads and accessories I was looking at 4k+ with parts. It was impossible to beat and this motor loves abuse. If they sell 3v motors id look into a long block. It's an easy swap that way.
I'm ganna look into that...what did they rate the motor at
Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm ganna look into that...what did they rate the motor at
1000HP supposedly. Which is roughly 800rwhp, so I'm not even pushing the motor and I've made a bunch of 10 second passes. Fast enough for me
Old 12-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1000HP supposedly. Which is roughly 800rwhp, so I'm not even pushing the motor and I've made a bunch of 10 second passes. Fast enough for me
is there a website?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I found the website just not my engine
Old 12-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I found the website just not my engine
Yeah it's called promarengines.com or something similar. It's not the easiest to navigate but if you call them they will hook you up. I'm pretty sure they build a 3v. I know they do 3v 5.4s
Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it's called promarengines.com or something similar. It's not the easiest to navigate but if you call them they will hook you up. I'm pretty sure they build a 3v. I know they do 3v 5.4s
id love to put a 5.4 in my 05 but all the parts needed would be way to expensive...and I'll give them a call today thanks man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion