Am I okay? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Am I okay?

I haven't driven my 5.0 in almost a whole month. I walk right past it every day, and stare at the mustang on the cover and think how id love to hear that exhaust and then get in my super duty or the Grand Prix and go to work. By the time I get home I feel like eating and hanging out and not driving so it sits lol. The weather has been ****ty and I refuse to ruin my 8hrs spent detailing it before I drove it last. So I pulled the cover off and pulled it outside. I've been sitting outside in my car with it idling (windows down) and chilling on the forum for about 25-30 minutes with the radio on my favorite station. My girl isn't home yet, and if she was I think she'd ask if I forgot my medicine lol. Am I okay??
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
Nope. Why would you buy a car to not drive it? You've gone bonkers. Your paying hundreds a month in car payments and insurance for a garage ornament.
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Haha.
I recommended a quick blast down the street. Just enough to piss off the neighbors...
You'll be alright ZL.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
Nope. Why would you buy a car to not drive it? You've gone bonkers. Your paying hundreds a month in car payments and insurance for a garage ornament.
Well I've put barely over 30k on it and it was born in August of 2011 so that's what almost 15k a year? I used to drive it alot, and I decided not to drive as much anymore because someone hit it in the parking lot and I couldn't handle how mad I got lol. Btw! I pay about $450 for the car and insurance combined

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Haha.
I recommended a quick blast down the street. Just enough to piss off the neighbors...
You'll be alright ZL.
Lol my exhaust is pretty open! Running a off road H and roush axlebacks. It's loud enough to make your ears bleed if I punch it right in front of you. I need to purchase the rtr axlebacks I've been wanting but I am lazy
Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

You are lucky you have put 30K on it. Picked mine up in Oct 2010 and I just hit 7K. Haven't driven it in 3 weeks. Sometimes I sit in the garage and drink beer with her. We are all crazy.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Well I've put barely over 30k on it and it was born in August of 2011 so that's what almost 15k a year? I used to drive it alot, and I decided not to drive as much anymore because someone hit it in the parking lot and I couldn't handle how mad I got lol. Btw! I pay about $450 for the car and insurance combined ---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ---------- Lol my exhaust is pretty open! Running a off road H and roush axlebacks. It's loud enough to make your ears bleed if I punch it right in front of you. I need to purchase the rtr axlebacks I've been wanting but I am lazy
i get you. You wuuvvv it!! Lol

P.s. You've still gone off the deep end hahaha. But maybe they will let you park it at the mental institution ?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You are lucky you have put 30K on it. Picked mine up in Oct 2010 and I just hit 7K. Haven't driven it in 3 weeks. Sometimes I sit in the garage and drink beer with her. We are all crazy.
That's some serious dedication there! I could never drive it only 7k in 3 years. I have to drive it Atleast once a month or otherwise I'll go crazy. I'll miss the mustang more than the lightning
Old 12-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

There would be something wrong with u if u didn't miss driving it! Haha.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i get you. You wuuvvv it!! Lol

P.s. You've still gone off the deep end hahaha. But maybe they will let you park it at the mental institution ?
I hope so! Hopefully they will let me keep it
Old 12-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
I hope so! Hopefully they will let me keep it
This is you keeping an eye on your car from the nut house

Name:   image-3495334011.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  16.3 KB
Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I totally see where you are coming from but if the weather is nice out, DRIVE IT. Its not a numbered car, not a collector vehicle, just keep it vacuumed, wash it once a week, pull it in the garage and do some waxing and enjoy it.

If it was a numbered collector car that is going UP in value like a really low mileage Terminator, yeah that's a weekend car you only take out when its nice.

edit: Hell even if the weather is rainy drive it. Only thing I won't drive my 98 in now is snow/ice or if there is salt on the roads. Just keep it clean and no issues.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I normally do 1k a year in the cobra and under 500 a year in the 90. Life keeps getting in the way.

Also didn't make it to a single car show or track day this year.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is you keeping an eye on your car from the nut house

Attachment 139559
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I totally see where you are coming from but if the weather is nice out, DRIVE IT. Its not a numbered car, not a collector vehicle, just keep it vacuumed, wash it once a week, pull it in the garage and do some waxing and enjoy it.

If it was a numbered collector car that is going UP in value like a really low mileage Terminator, yeah that's a weekend car you only take out when its nice.

edit: Hell even if the weather is rainy drive it. Only thing I won't drive my 98 in now is snow/ice or if there is salt on the roads. Just keep it clean and no issues.
Yeah it may not be numbered, but that makes absolutely no difference. The value of a car is relative to the person finding value in it. Even the undercarriage of my car looks showroom clean because I've never driven it in rain or mud.

Problem is that I have too many other vehicles I can drive that I don't want to part with. My girl and I aren't wanting kids now or anytime really soon so my cars are my children for now lmao. There's also a big difference in your 98 and my 2012. They made a whole lot of more of a car that looks like yours than mine. There are less than 50,000 10-12 5.0s running around and many have been totaled. Not to mention, mine is a white, spoiler delete, premium, tech package, shaker 1000, manual 3:31 car with everything but a glass roof pretty much. So that adds to the "rarity", but that's not even why I don't drive it.

Just like today, it's supposed to rain again and it's going to be back in the 30s so looks like I will let it sit some more lol

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I normally do 1k a year in the cobra and under 500 a year in the 90. Life keeps getting in the way.

Also didn't make it to a single car show or track day this year.
I know that life does that! I've been working alot of overtime to save up for this house I want and I never have time for my toys
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat

Yeah it may not be numbered, but that makes absolutely no difference. The value of a car is relative to the person finding value in it. Even the undercarriage of my car looks showroom clean because I've never driven it in rain or mud.

Problem is that I have too many other vehicles I can drive that I don't want to part with. My girl and I aren't wanting kids now or anytime really soon so my cars are my children for now lmao. There's also a big difference in your 98 and my 2012. They made a whole lot of more of a car that looks like yours than mine. There are less than 50,000 10-12 5.0s running around and many have been totaled. Not to mention, mine is a white, spoiler delete, premium, tech package, shaker 1000, manual 3:31 car with everything but a glass roof pretty much. So that adds to the "rarity", but that's not even why I don't drive it.

Just like today, it's supposed to rain again and it's going to be back in the 30s so looks like I will let it sit some more lol

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I know that life does that! I've been working alot of overtime to save up for this house I want and I never have time for my toys
Yupp. Just hang onto it and take advantage of opportunities to cruise. I found out about a fall mustang cruise last minute and cancelled everything I had planned to enjoy the weather.

I've debated selling my cars, even put them up for sale when house shopping. My wife told me there's no way they're leaving and i'm glad she did.
Our's:
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Me thinks ya need rehab my boy.....lol
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Yupp. Just hang onto it and take advantage of opportunities to cruise. I found out about a fall mustang cruise last minute and cancelled everything I had planned to enjoy the weather.

I've debated selling my cars, even put them up for sale when house shopping. My wife told me there's no way they're leaving and i'm glad she did.
My woman says she will gladly drive if it I don't want to, so I let her sometimes. She thinks it's a treat and I get the grins letting her open it up. I won't even let her sit in the driver seat of the lightning though lol. She comes to me and asks if it's okay to grab stuff out of it and I laugh. I haven't driven the lightning in almost two months till yesterday. The battery's needed to be charged
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

My woman says she will gladly drive if it I don't want to, so I let her sometimes. She thinks it's a treat and I get the grins letting her open it up. I won't even let her sit in the driver seat of the lightning though lol. She comes to me and asks if it's okay to grab stuff out of it and I laugh. I haven't driven the lightning in almost two months till yesterday. The battery's needed to be charged
Pics of the lightning?
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat

I need to pick up a dry cell charger. I keep a tender on the 90 but it specifically states do not use on optimas.

I can't talk my wife into driving the Cobra, i've tried...
Our's:
Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Pics of the lightning?
Pics of the L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4006630624.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	139711   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2955618710.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	139712  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1089091375.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	550.2 KB
ID:	139713  
Old 12-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Me thinks ya need rehab my boy.....lol
Its not like I don't try and drive it. I have 2 kids and just don't get out much. I wish I could drive it more. Hell....I don't even get to go to the weekend meets because the wife works weekends and I work through the week.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its not like I don't try and drive it. I have 2 kids and just don't get out much. I wish I could drive it more. Hell....I don't even get to go to the weekend meets because the wife works weekends and I work through the week.
That sucks! I feel for you, but Atleast it will stay nice and pretty for awhile. I've seen some ratted out 5.0s already.. It's sad
Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Pics of the L
:drool:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion