Here it is" 2015 Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Here it is" 2015 Mustang

It was reviewed on Good Morning America this morning. Thursday Dec. 5th. and I personally think it look pretty darned good. I'm not giving up my 2012 for one though.
Ronnie
Sorry, I can't get the pictures to show up.

Got it:

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
thats a link to aol asking me to sign up?
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Sorry Torch Red

I guess AOL hi-jacked my link.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The NEW Fusion coupe. Busstang 15'
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
The NEW Fusion coupe. Busstang 15'
Nope, that would be the New 2015 Fustang
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Still not as bad as it could have been

At least it still has a Mustang look. I think when seen in real life most will probably like it. If I can hit the LOTTO soon I may buy one.
Ronnie
Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The Beretta front end still looked like a Corsica, but that didn't stop Chevy from calling it something different. Just saying
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Nope, that would be the New 2015 Fustang
Or the Musion
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That's ok I like mine better
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Definately prefer the 2014 body style not going to lie
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Definately prefer the 2014 body style not going to lie
I second you! They just ruined it muscle car look; now its more like any other sedan out on the road :s
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
For me, it is a mixed bag: I really like the new look FROM CERTAIN ANGLES, from other angles it definitely looks Fusion-oid and yet other angles I think it is just plain "fugly." I think the 2011-2014 Mustangs are still the best looking all around. I think Ford really got the current ones right.
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It think it has a European style to it. I guess that is what they are going for. It's not horrible but not something I'm going to trade mine for. At least not until I see it in person.
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

At least no one is forcing anyone to buy it. So those that prefer their existing Mustang, whatever year it is, can simply keep it.

I like the new release, with only one exception; the rear valance. I would prefer the entire rear valance to be black. Easily fixed for me if I get one. The rest of it follows suit with the Mustang's continuing evolution; can't keep an existing style forever, and the current Mustang has been around for several years now.

Perhaps a 2015 is in the cards for me in a few years (I always buy used to avoid the immediate depreciation on a new car purchase).
Old 12-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
At least no one is forcing anyone to buy it. So those that prefer their existing Mustang, whatever year it is, can simply keep it.

I like the new release, with only one exception; the rear valance. I would prefer the entire rear valance to be black. Easily fixed for me if I get one. The rest of it follows suit with the Mustang's continuing evolution; can't keep an existing style forever, and the current Mustang has been around for several years now.

Perhaps a 2015 is in the cards for me in a few years (I always buy used to avoid the immediate depreciation on a new car purchase).
...depreciation...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Better...^^
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Better...^^
Lol yes
Our's:
Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I hate the way it looks, especially when you see a pic where someone has edited in a 2014 GT to sit right next to it... you look at them both and the 2014 just looks like it has a bigger sac but maybe that's just me.

In the end it will be all about performance, weight and all the other bells/whistles although it really does not take very much to get a current Coyote up and over the 500hp range.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well, Any thoughts on this???????

Independent rear suspension No more live axle.
Anyone have an expert opinion on this new feature????
Ronnie
Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Independent rear suspension No more live axle.
Anyone have an expert opinion on this new feature????
Ronnie
If you drive a IRS equipped Cobra and then get right into a solid axle equipped SN95 for comparison's sake its like getting out of a car and into a pickup truck. The newer SRA setups felt better than the SN95 stuff did but its still not going to be as smooth as the IRS.

Now, from a performance standpoint Ford dicked up the IRS in the Cobras because CORRECT bushings didn't pass the NVH test and we all know if you buy a performance car you can't be bothered with a little road noise...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow

If you drive a IRS equipped Cobra and then get right into a solid axle equipped SN95 for comparison's sake its like getting out of a car and into a pickup truck. The newer SRA setups felt better than the SN95 stuff did but its still not going to be as smooth as the IRS.

Now, from a performance standpoint Ford dicked up the IRS in the Cobras because CORRECT bushings didn't pass the NVH test and we all know if you buy a performance car you can't be bothered with a little road noise...
I hated my irs...biggest pile of crap ford has ever created.
Our's:
Old 12-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Something I find interesting is the published HP of the three engines. (This is according to the LA Times in an article published today.)

Ford's 2015 Mustang unleashed: World gets a peek - latimes.com

Unless the Times got their facts wrong (which wouldn't be the first time for media) the narrator of the video states:

V6 = 300HP 270TQ
Inline4 = 305HP 300TQ
V8 = 420HP 390TQ

That means that for 2015 they actually lowered the HP and TQ of our 3.7L V6 from 305 and 280 down to 300 and 270! I wonder if the narrator is wrong or if Ford did that on-purpose to try and squeeze the 4 above the V6 for product positioning reasons and that is all they could push out of the 4.

I don't have answers, I just find it interesting.
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I hated my irs...biggest pile of crap ford has ever created.
I agree with the compliant stock rubber bushings. With a correctly built bushing kit like the FTBR setup its boss.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRed11 View Post
Something I find interesting is the published HP of the three engines. (This is according to the LA Times in an article published today.)

Ford's 2015 Mustang unleashed: World gets a peek - latimes.com

Unless the Times got their facts wrong (which wouldn't be the first time for media) the narrator of the video states:

V6 = 300HP 270TQ
Inline4 = 305HP 300TQ
V8 = 420HP 390TQ

That means that for 2015 they actually lowered the HP and TQ of our 3.7L V6 from 305 and 280 down to 300 and 270! I wonder if the narrator is wrong or if Ford did that on-purpose to try and squeeze the 4 above the V6 for product positioning reasons and that is all they could push out of the 4.

I don't have answers, I just find it interesting.
If those are the real numbers that is probably exactly what they did and I'd be willing to bet in reality its the same damn motor, just underrated on paper to make ppl buy the I4 vs the V6.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The back look pretty similar to mine honestly
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #25

Region: Texas
2014 body is better looking to me
Sangleezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No change at all in the 3.7 V6 engine

They are keeping the 3.7 just the way it is at 305 HP. The automatic transmission is going to remain the same. The V8 GT engine is getting a lot of attention and from what I read a great improvement. They have not released the horsepower or torque for it yet.
Ronnie
Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

They designed it to have provisions for direct port back before it released in 2011, most likely to be able to bump the numbers up considerably for the 2015 release. Figure with direct port, boss intake, cams, bolt ons and a really good tune we will see some absolutely ridiculous numbers coming out of the new setup and the aftermarket.

I can see a future upgrade kit for 2011-2014 cars to retrofit to direct port becoming a very popular upgrade.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

One good thing is this *******

Still using the 3.7 engine with not making a bunch of changes sure will open up the way for the aftermarket performance businesses to start producing stuff for us V6 3.7 owners. They already know it is a great engine with a lot of potential. They now won't mind spending a little $$$ on research and tooling.
Ronnie
Old 01-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nah, its still just a V6...

Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #30
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Scott

Well, I gotta say-" You must really love 3.7 V6 engines or you would not be on this part of the forum.
Ronnie

Go Back Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech > 2010-2014 V6 Mustang
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
And according to 5.0 Magazine the GT will be putting down 420 and 396. Also the top speeds are 121 for the v6, 121 for the v4, 145 for the v4 perf. Pack, and 155 for the GT w/without perf. Pack.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Well, I gotta say-" You must really love 3.7 V6 engines or you would not be on this part of the forum.
Ronnie

Go Back Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech > 2010-2014 V6 Mustang
I really hope you know I was just kidding. That was the point of the smiley face at the bottom of the post. I have nothing but respect for the new V6 cars.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

OK Scott

Your off the hook,
I like your car, I think that you have the very best sounding engine made other then a Harley Davidson.
If we could ever get our 3.7's to sound that good it would be a perfect engine.
Ronnie
Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Here it is" 2015 Mustang

Direct injection could very well kill off a lot of aftermarket for engine mods too. Very expensive for research and development and anything air and fuel related with direct injection is really expensive too so not a whole lot of consumers may be willing to shell out big bucks per engine upgrade for the gains. If you look at cars that have had DI added the aftermarket for engine mods are very little to none. The engine calibration is very tough to modify for anything.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #35
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm sure with the tech out now it would be easier for companies to work with but yeah I could see it being tougher than a simple mass air setup. I mean speed density is technically better than mass air but there is a reason why mass air replaced it and why pretty much anyone with a 87/88 SD car converts to MAF.

I mean honestly with the mods out for the current generation of Coyote I'm not sure how much more power ppl need.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2015 mustang