Pros and Cons of Mustang V6? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #36
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Honestly, keep the CRV unless its your Parents' or something and you need to buy your own car. If not, get a DD that gets better milage than the V6 stang. An auto V6 stang is slow, there is no getting around it. And the fact that you are asking about "is it faster than XX" means you should REALLY stick with the 00' CRV... Also I'm guessing you are young and a guy and not married. With having just got 4 points on your license insurance is going to go through the roof. Couple that with a 2 door sports coupe and it'll be even worse. Also, IMO, there is 0 point to a V6 Mustang prior to 2011 unless you HAVE to have the look and can't afford the V8. Its slow, not utilitarian at all and really doesn't have any good DD creature comforts. I'd rather have a 4 door sedan or a Crossover like the CR-V. Wife has a 2001 CR-V which is the same thing as the 00' you have and they are great little cars. AWD, can hold a pretty decent amount of stuff, sit up high, 25mpg, dead nuts reliable as hell and cheap costwise/insurance wise. ---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ---------- No, you won't win any street races in a V6 Mustang prior to 2011 nor should you be street racing with the ricers which is what you are really asking when you ask "if its fun to drive". Racing against 99.999999% of civics/gti/integras is like racing a retarded kid. Only ones I've ever seen that were legit fast were crazy assed 9/10 second ones at the 1/4 mile and those were not what you would call "street cars".
Bassicaly everything that was said here ^

To make a V6 fast it takes LOTS of $$$ someday I wanna build a 3.8 but as for money wise it was cheaper to buy a GT and on gass milage thought I get the same, yes the same milage highway in my 4.6 then my 3.8 in town my 4.6 is a little worse..

Also have gears and tune and 315s I still get 23-24 mpg..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
I get 20-22 mpg hand calculated on my 98 with gears and fat tires. Hell, my 95 Cobra with the stock HCI got 24. Guy I worked with back then had a 2001 V6 that got worse mileage than I did although back then gas was $1/gal. Damn turrurrists...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
03Graymach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Region: Texas
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I get 20-22 mpg hand calculated on my 98 with gears and fat tires. Hell, my 95 Cobra with the stock HCI got 24. Guy I worked with back then had a 2001 V6 that got worse mileage than I did although back then gas was $1/gal. Damn turrurrists...
I get better mpgs in my mach than I did with my 2000 v6
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
To me it's one of those things where if you get the 6 banger then a couple of months down the road you might wonder why you just didn't get the GT, but if you got the GT I don't think you would be asking yourself why you didn't get the six banger. You might on the other hand ask yourself why you didn't get a Mach or Cobra
+1 kinda

I love my sixxer a lot. I'm 21 with a lil one so I don't need to break sound barriers. I do on the other hand hope I can buy a mach one day
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg358 View Post
Hi, I'm searching for a 99-04 Mustang V6 (previously wanted V8 but I feel that theres no need considering I have recently gotten a speeding ticket and 4 points on my license in a 00' Honda CR-V). I just wanted to know some of the good things about it as well as the bad. I will most likely be buying an 01-03 Automatic. Is it really that slow? Compared to my current car? Also, how does it handle, will I have fun driving it? I am going to be using it as a DD so I don't need it to go fast which I'm not expecting to but I would at least want it to be enjoyable to drive in, with the option of maybe making it a little faster in the future, or who knows maybe just upgrading to a newer Mustang
First off, I emphasize this is a enthusiast mustang forum so there's a lot of ignorant people that scream v8 or gtfo.

I'll put it down with a real world view. For normal people an not mustang enthusiast.

99-04 v6 is a fun, and reliable drive. It's not that comfy for long trips but my 99 has been my dd at college for nearing 4 years. It's worth not wing comfortable when going home to mom and dad. I love this car. Do I want a GT? Yes, I have become more of a mustang enthusiast, but still have my real world view in my mind. The auto in these cars are slush boxes and slower than manual. Put a tune on it and these cars can be real fun. I only have a few mods, and I still lay the rubber to the brand new 4 bangers. Coming from a normal world mustangs are a quick and fun sport car, even the v6. V8 will rape you on insurance so gl with wanting that. I'm clean and it was gna rape me. The 11+ 6ers these guys are talking about are damn beast. They will smoke older gt's, but aren't a realistic car for a kid.

To some other on the forums.. Both my tires spin (on the ice these last few days), and you can find premium v6's with traction control. They are rare tho.

Summary: the 6ers will still be plenty of fun, and smoke the 4 bangers in your area. Throw 300$ on it with a tune and the car feels like a new one. Mine did, and I didn't even have an automatic for the tune to help out. Not super comfortable for long trips, but very reliable. Lots of mustangs with 200+ plus running great. Insurance is much lower than the v8, which is great.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
First off, I emphasize this is a enthusiast mustang forum so there's a lot of ignorant people that scream v8 or gtfo. I'll put it down with a real world view. For normal people an not mustang enthusiast. 99-04 v6 is a fun, and reliable drive. It's not that comfy for long trips but my 99 has been my dd at college for nearing 4 years. It's worth not wing comfortable when going home to mom and dad. I love this car. Do I want a GT? Yes, I have become more of a mustang enthusiast, but still have my real world view in my mind. The auto in these cars are slush boxes and slower than manual. Put a tune on it and these cars can be real fun. I only have a few mods, and I still lay the rubber to the brand new 4 bangers. Coming from a normal world mustangs are a quick and fun sport car, even the v6. V8 will rape you on insurance so gl with wanting that. I'm clean and it was gna rape me. The 11+ 6ers these guys are talking about are damn beast. They will smoke older gt's, but aren't a realistic car for a kid. To some other on the forums.. Both my tires spin (on the ice these last few days), and you can find premium v6's with traction control. They are rare tho. Summary: the 6ers will still be plenty of fun, and smoke the 4 bangers in your area. Throw 300$ on it with a tune and the car feels like a new one. Mine did, and I didn't even have an automatic for the tune to help out. Not super comfortable for long trips, but very reliable. Lots of mustangs with 200+ plus running great. Insurance is much lower than the v8, which is great.
I'll agree with this
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
03Graymach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Region: Texas
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
First off, I emphasize this is a enthusiast mustang forum so there's a lot of ignorant people that scream v8 or gtfo. I'll put it down with a real world view. For normal people an not mustang enthusiast. 99-04 v6 is a fun, and reliable drive. It's not that comfy for long trips but my 99 has been my dd at college for nearing 4 years. It's worth not wing comfortable when going home to mom and dad. I love this car. Do I want a GT? Yes, I have become more of a mustang enthusiast, but still have my real world view in my mind. The auto in these cars are slush boxes and slower than manual. Put a tune on it and these cars can be real fun. I only have a few mods, and I still lay the rubber to the brand new 4 bangers. Coming from a normal world mustangs are a quick and fun sport car, even the v6. V8 will rape you on insurance so gl with wanting that. I'm clean and it was gna rape me. The 11+ 6ers these guys are talking about are damn beast. They will smoke older gt's, but aren't a realistic car for a kid. To some other on the forums.. Both my tires spin (on the ice these last few days), and you can find premium v6's with traction control. They are rare tho. Summary: the 6ers will still be plenty of fun, and smoke the 4 bangers in your area. Throw 300$ on it with a tune and the car feels like a new one. Mine did, and I didn't even have an automatic for the tune to help out. Not super comfortable for long trips, but very reliable. Lots of mustangs with 200+ plus running great. Insurance is much lower than the v8, which is great.
I will agree with this 100% my 2000 sixxer was fun as hell to drive I could burn down my 315s with it and slide it out when ever I wanted to but that being said it no where near as fun as my mach but if I could have my old sixxer and my mach I would dd the sixxer almost everyday. And on the traction control part it is nice to have but if you drive safe when it's wet out you will be fine with out it just don't be stupid and don't punch the gas ease into
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg358 View Post
Hi, I'm searching for a 99-04 Mustang V6 (previously wanted V8 but I feel that theres no need considering I have recently gotten a speeding ticket and 4 points on my license in a 00' Honda CR-V). I just wanted to know some of the good things about it as well as the bad. I will most likely be buying an 01-03 Automatic. Is it really that slow? Compared to my current car? Also, how does it handle, will I have fun driving it? I am going to be using it as a DD so I don't need it to go fast which I'm not expecting to but I would at least want it to be enjoyable to drive in, with the option of maybe making it a little faster in the future, or who knows maybe just upgrading to a newer Mustang
Before you go buying either a V6 or V8, find out what your insurance will cost you. Your ticket will be on the books for 3 years, as far as the insurance company is concerned. The ticket however will follow you. Get pulled over again and the Po Po will know you have been speeding, so don't try to OBAMA your way out of it.

It isn't about how fast your car is, it's about having reliable transportation and having a good looking car.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
I will agree with this 100% my 2000 sixxer was fun as hell to drive I could burn down my 315s with it and slide it out when ever I wanted to but that being said it no where near as fun as my mach but if I could have my old sixxer and my mach I would dd the sixxer almost everyday. And on the traction control part it is nice to have but if you drive safe when it's wet out you will be fine with out it just don't be stupid and don't punch the gas ease into
Exactly, the 6 is plenty of fun for a DD, I mean I came from a truck that I got at 16... I felt like I was driving a cobra when I got into my 6. Peeling out in second was only a dream until I got my stang lol. Cars are plenty of fun for normal people, the problem is some of us turn into enthusiast and want more after having the 6 for a while.. Lol
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
What is scotty's username... scotty doesn't know. And in this case, it speaks the truth. My 2005 V6 is a great car. It is very comfortable (I drove 400 miles on one tank without stopping to stretch or get out), it has the Traction Control System, and so far it has been great in the winter, it's got more room in it than my 1998 Mustang did. And I paid $7000 for it, so I didn't hurt myself on payments.
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
What is scotty's username... scotty doesn't know. And in this case, it speaks the truth. My 2005 V6 is a great car. It is very comfortable (I drove 400 miles on one tank without stopping to stretch or get out), it has the Traction Control System, and so far it has been great in the winter, it's got more room in it than my 1998 Mustang did. And I paid $7000 for it, so I didn't hurt myself on payments.
I always hear of people getting their mustangs for super cheap.. No idea where or how but here in Texas these things are like super inflated lol
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #47
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

I always hear of people getting their mustangs for super cheap.. No idea where or how but here in Texas these things are like super inflated lol
It's like Hondas here lol 5000 for a 3 color pos crx
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

I always hear of people getting their mustangs for super cheap.. No idea where or how but here in Texas these things are like super inflated lol
lol Mine was a 2 month hunt through classified ads, craigslist, etc. Found mine on a used car lot. Only thing wrong was somebody had put a flowmaster fart can on that had rotted off. I got a pair of GT takeoff mufflers for $60 put the right one on. Car sounds really good with it.
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
What is scotty's username... scotty doesn't know. And in this case, it speaks the truth. My 2005 V6 is a great car. It is very comfortable (I drove 400 miles on one tank without stopping to stretch or get out), it has the Traction Control System, and so far it has been great in the winter, it's got more room in it than my 1998 Mustang did. And I paid $7000 for it, so I didn't hurt myself on payments.
Scotty's talking about the 99-04 V6, not the 05-09. Honestly you can find a clean new edge GT for the price of a S197 V6. Too each his own though,.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
It's like Hondas here lol 5000 for a 3 color pos crx
Yeah, a new edge GT down here with less than 100k miles is going for 8-12k... It's really stupid.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #51
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Yeah, a new edge GT down here with less than 100k miles is going for 8-12k... It's really stupid.
I got my 01 with 69k for 9k dealership price..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
03Graymach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brenham
Region: Texas
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Yeah, a new edge GT down here with less than 100k miles is going for 8-12k... It's really stupid.
Idk what part of texas you are from but I can find then cheap in Houston I paid 9 for my mach
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
When I bought my 05 a couple months ago I did look at a new edge GT, but in the end it was the styling, comfort, and equipment that won me over on the 05. I can see the similarities between my '66 and '05. And its really comfortable on long trips (love roadtrips).
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Idk what part of texas you are from but I can find then cheap in Houston I paid 9 for my mach
I go to unt, so all around Dallas.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
When I bought my 05 a couple months ago I did look at a new edge GT, but in the end it was the styling, comfort, and equipment that won me over on the 05. I can see the similarities between my '66 and '05. And its really comfortable on long trips (love roadtrips).
Which is why I want a 05+. I love the new edge styling, but want more goodies inside. Might as well go GT tho, for only 1-3k more on the price..
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
TylerJanocha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Clayton
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 161
I have a 98 GT conv. Only paid 3700$ off craigslist, yes it had issues needed tires, alternator, faded wheels but I have maybe 600$ in it right now... Personally it was worth it
TylerJanocha21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #56
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Scotty's talking about the 99-04 V6, not the 05-09. Honestly you can find a clean new edge GT for the price of a S197 V6. Too each his own though,.
I am but IMO the 05-10 cars aren't that great either. I've ridden in them and yes they might be a little faster than your average driver and the RWD helps but you won't win any serious races in a V6 I don't care what ppl here say. If you have, you were racing a Civic DX making 140hp and probably less than that because of the cheap SS autocrome "JDM" ebay mods the idiot kid had zip tied to it.

One of, if not THE only nice V6 I've ever seen is the orange one on SN95forums. Fully stripped out, new interior, new paint, 4.2L swap, custom M112 intake and supercharger, dyno tuned etc... THAT one moves out. The bolt on 2001 V6 with bolt ons will get its *** handed to it by any half serious street car and I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a ******.

Seriously, if you want the looks and can only afford a V6 fine, get a Mustang and call me an *******. But don't be surprised when a pissed off soccer mom in a sedan blows your doors off.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I am but IMO the 05-10 cars aren't that great either. I've ridden in them and yes they might be a little faster than your average driver and the RWD helps but you won't win any serious races in a V6 I don't care what ppl here say. If you have, you were racing a Civic DX making 140hp and probably less than that because of the cheap SS autocrome "JDM" ebay mods the idiot kid had zip tied to it. One of, if not THE only nice V6 I've ever seen is the orange one on SN95forums. Fully stripped out, new interior, new paint, 4.2L swap, custom M112 intake and supercharger, dyno tuned etc... THAT one moves out. The bolt on 2001 V6 with bolt ons will get its *** handed to it by any half serious street car and I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a ******. Seriously, if you want the looks and can only afford a V6 fine, get a Mustang and call me an *******. But don't be surprised when a pissed off soccer mom in a sedan blows your doors off.
Again, you're an enthusiast. Normal people don't buy a car to go race "half serious sport cars"... They buy it for looks, and it's quicker than the average car, plus fun to drive.

No offense of course, but the OP should grab and 6 and call you an *******.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #58
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,579
Lol, fine by me V6 owners tend to hate my guts. My kneejerk reaction when someone has a V6 is "ok I meant an actual Mustang". Although if it was not for the V6 then the V8 wouldn't exist either since the V6 makes up the bulk of the sales.

Disclaimer: 2011-up models do not apply those things actually have balls right off the showroom floor.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol, fine by me V6 owners tend to hate my guts. My kneejerk reaction when someone has a V6 is "ok I meant an actual Mustang". Although if it was not for the V6 then the V8 wouldn't exist either since the V6 makes up the bulk of the sales. Disclaimer: 2011-up models do not apply those things actually have balls right off the showroom floor.
At least I can give you props for realizing the 6ers support the whole mustang line.

It is good that you're not just totally oblivious
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
I agree, your an a**. I bought my six because I love Mustangs, but can't afford GT insurance and gas. I do alot of driving. I get 400 miles+ to a tank. And I didn't buy my car to race. I bought it to get me around comfortably. To be honest, I find street racing and drag racing immature.
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #61
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sprint200 View Post
I agree, your an a**. I bought my six because I love Mustangs, but can't afford GT insurance and gas. I do alot of driving. I get 400 miles+ to a tank. And I didn't buy my car to race. I bought it to get me around comfortably.
+1 and please tell me your secret to 400 miles. I can barely squeeze 250ish
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
66Sprint200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post

+1 and please tell me your secret to 400 miles. I can barely squeeze 250ish
Regular maintenance (oil changes, plugs, clean out throttle body, clean CAI), keep my tires pressures correct, try (key word try) not to be heavy on the throttle, avoid heavier traffic.

I fill up maybe once a week to every week and a half.
__________________
1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.