AeroStang Fuel Economy Challenge - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well UltArk, unfortunately I'm going to have to postpone our wager. I've had a change in my life that prevents me from leaving the state for the amount of time that will be required to do this. Unless, of course, you have a trip to CA planned in the near future.... I can't remember, you're in Ohio right?
PM me and I'll explain...

That Green Grand Prix looks interesting. Their website sucks though. Lol. So it's a fuel economy challenge that is a mixture of road course and "real world" driving?
Are you going to enter the Honda or the Mustang?
Do they have different classes?
I hope that you CAN pull off mid forties with the Mustang if that's what you are entering.
The Honda seems a more likely candidate though.

Anyway, I apologize for not being able to do this at the present time.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well UltArk, unfortunately I'm going to have to postpone our wager. I've had a change in my life that prevents me from leaving the state for the amount of time that will be required to do this. Unless, of course, you have a trip to CA planned in the near future.... I can't remember, you're in Ohio right?
PM me and I'll explain...

That Green Grand Prix looks interesting. Their website sucks though. Lol. So it's a fuel economy challenge that is a mixture of road course and "real world" driving?
Are you going to enter the Honda or the Mustang?
Do they have different classes?
I hope that you CAN pull off mid forties with the Mustang if that's what you are entering.
The Honda seems a more likely candidate though.

Anyway, I apologize for not being able to do this at the present time.
Life happens! Let me know when you are good to go. Getting off duty, off call, and not working (two jobs) takes planning (hence me scheduling for May while in mid March, and scheduling GGP in January). I am doing the Mustang for the competition. Insights have no problem getting great mileage, a guy has done over 150 mpg with one, and if I did the same to mine (strip over 800 lbs, and buy a $500-$900 electrical system), I might be able to beat that, but it's not happening. He did very little in the way of aerodynamics.

The Mustang almost pulled 44 in January to NC, 43 and change. If I didn't spend so much time spinning my tires (terrible blizzard in OH), it may have made it. Plus I am working on two new modifications for it for the competition, which will most likely not stay in use since they influence the looks in a negative way. I will be shooting for a better record than 46 though. 46 is my highway with time as a priority- I don't go under 55 mph when driving to get there.

For this competition, the max speed is 60, and average course speed must be above 30- so I will be doing some extreme hypermiling. I don't hypermile on the roads much because I feel it is often rude, and can be a safety hazard. On highway, there is more space, and in the competition, I will be flying compared to most of the other vehicles.

And yea, their site could use some improvements lol. I've reached out to Bob asking him questions at least 15 times.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

They used to have a similar competition at the track nearby where I grew up, Laguna Seca. Not sure if they still have it. If I remember correctly, one of the more successful entrants was a motorcycle with a large fairing to clean up the aerodynamics of the bike and rider, powered by a small cc engine.
I think that, at that event, they gave everyone exactly one gallon of gasoline and it was circuit's of the track until the fuel ran out.

Good luck with the competition and let us know how you do and how some of the other competitors do as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Just completed the Green Grand Prix- won first in class, with official 48.x mpg, and a true mpg of 49.4.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

That's AWESOME!!!

What mpg did the overall winner get? And what kind of vehicle?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Two custom built vehicles both topped 200 mpg.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion