Nothing on the V6 - whats up ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nothing on the V6 - whats up ?

the magazines have no articles on the new V6 , its all the 5.0 or the highway ? when they came out with the Grand National it was loaded with stuff on the car pictures of them pulling the front wheels off the ground ! come on I believe the Mustang V6 could pull the front wheels with a supercharger they could really kick some *** ! yet nary a story I don't even bother to read that Mustang & fast ford magazine anymore ! I am really disappointed with the Ford magazine people , plus the Mustang V6 is 10 times the motor I had a Grand National it was fast & pretty but it handled terrible they became worth some money I sold mine for some good money & they still bring in big dollars , so tell me why nothing on V6 Mustang ? now there talking about bringing out a 4 cylinder in2015 who is steering the ship ? if they drop the V6 I'm going to pick up a late model Lightning or a 2003 Cobra a low mile beauty they are holding there value & will only go up in value plus I liked them ...................... plus they have the best sound ever I really miss that sound of the V8 the Cobra with the right exhaust is the best sounding car ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
the magazines have no articles on the new V6 , its all the 5.0 or the highway ? when they came out with the Grand National it was loaded with stuff on the car pictures of them pulling the front wheels off the ground ! come on I believe the Mustang V6 could pull the front wheels with a supercharger they could really kick some *** ! yet nary a story I don't even bother to read that Mustang & fast ford magazine anymore ! I am really disappointed with the Ford magazine people , plus the Mustang V6 is 10 times the motor I had a Grand National it was fast & pretty but it handled terrible they became worth some money I sold mine for some good money & they still bring in big dollars , so tell me why nothing on V6 Mustang ? now there talking about bringing out a 4 cylinder in2015 who is steering the ship ? if they drop the V6 I'm going to pick up a late model Lightning or a 2003 Cobra a low mile beauty they are holding there value & will only go up in value plus I liked them ...................... plus they have the best sound ever I really miss that sound of the V8 the Cobra with the right exhaust is the best sounding car ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because the v6 doesn't have much hype as the new v8 or v4 tbh if was up to me it would only be a v8 car
Old 12-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
They didn't do anything to change the v6 that's why it got all it's hype when it first came out in 2011 after that nothing changed about it so nothing to be hype about the new 5.0 is getting more power so plenty be excited about the INLINE 4 ecoboost is a whole new engine so that's exciting. The new four cylinder is actually gonna make more power than our v6s and that's on a stock tune when you tune one of those bad boys kiss our v6s good bye
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You could have all 4 cams reground to something with higher lift and duration or have the heads ported by ? Add headers and gears to match the mods. Then you would have maybe, 350 HP. Just buy a GT and be done. It's not a friendly cost effective engine to mod or everyone would be doing it.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
You could have all 4 cams reground to something with higher lift and duration or have the heads ported by ? Add headers and gears to match the mods. Then you would have maybe, 350 HP. Just buy a GT and be done. It's not a friendly cost effective engine to mod or everyone would be doing it.
Agreed it's a great engine and so happy they made it it'll upset other stock cars all day but that's it

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I wish they would have updated it for 2015
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If it were in the best interest of the motor company, and it isn't, I would think increasing the cubes from 227 to 260 inches with a larger bore and longer stroke would have been a nice performance package option. Maybe 340 HP with some cam tech and head work. I don't think this engine will have a long production life though. We'll see.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
The 3.7 cyclone is a new motor but it's base the 3.5 duratec has been around a while and is used in Mazda 3s and Lincoln's. I think it will be a long lasting motor
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Just curious, isn't Ford also using the 3.7L V6 in one of their pickups as well?
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Just curious, isn't Ford also using the 3.7L V6 in one of their pickups as well?
Yeah, the f150 is, but it's tuned a little differently.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I think black 12 is right as much as we like it the talk of bringing out a 4cyl ecoboot says its days are numbered , I really like it , fast enough for sure 6 speed all I need I'm still shocked when I punch it & it feels like an 8 , the only thing is the sound so I would not mess with the exhaust one guy in front of me the other day he had done something to make the 6 sound louder ! it was terrible , so its a 6 & best to leave it alone nothing will ever make it sound better but it is fast & when it shifts it sounds great ! I don't want an ecoboost 4 cylinder I would rather buy a 2003 Cobra like I said or a lightning 2003 they wont lose there value so that's that ............................
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Because the v6 doesn't have much hype as the new v8 or v4 tbh if was up to me it would only be a v8 car
Did you really say v4...
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Did you really say v4...
You caught that too? Ha
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
You caught that too? Ha
+1
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Did you really say v4...
I just saw that, and that's what I was thinking.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Yes all this says is 3.7. 2/3s of Mustangs sold are v-6s.
My take: 2015 Ford Mustang inside and out - YouTube - Bing Videos

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
If it were for you there would be no mustangs anymore lol from what I hear the stang has survived at least as of late because of the v6. Not to say the v8 isn't sexy lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The V6 is needed because it is a entry motor. A great entry motor, but still the base. Boosting any engine increases the cost by a lot of money. Look at the cost of a turbo diesel on a pickup. There are a lot of people who enjoy creating a sleeper using the V6. Usually by installing a Procharger. The stock V6 can provide excellent performance that surprises many.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
The V6 is needed because it is a entry motor. A great entry motor, but still the base. Boosting any engine increases the cost by a lot of money. Look at the cost of a turbo diesel on a pickup. There are a lot of people who enjoy creating a sleeper using the V6. Usually by installing a Procharger. The stock V6 can provide excellent performance that surprises many.
That's very true for someone who's never had a sports car before the v6 is a great way to learn how to respect the power of the car and then move up to a v8
Old 12-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
HeHeHe.....

Quote:
They left the REAL Mustangs V6's for last. Anyone can buy a V8. What V6's do to V8's.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
There's no replacement for displacement. I don't care who argues what. What you can do to your V6, I can do to my V8.

Back on topic, I don't mind the I4 or V6 models. If they help Ford's sales and not hinder them, then I'm for it. Whatever Ford needs to do to keep pumping out great Mustangs and nicer GT options, I'm for it, because I'll always be in the V8 market.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Just love the V6 vs V8 hate debates
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 12-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Yeah, the f150 is, but it's tuned a little differently.
OK, thanks, but tuned or not, it's still in production and still being used in the Ford product line besides the Mustang. So that says to me that the 3.7L V6 will be around for awhile. I don't think Ford would ignore all the R&D costs for the engine and toss the V6 for the I4. Just doesn't make economic and corporate sense. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

As long as Ford continues with the 3.7, the vendors will continue to make and sell performance parts. I too am excited to see another engine availability to push the Mustang into the European market.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

^^+1
Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
As long as Ford continues with the 3.7, the vendors will continue to make and sell performance parts. I too am excited to see another engine availability to push the Mustang into the European market.
+1! I am very eager to see what the 'world' has to say ab the Mustang in the next couple of years.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

The 3.7 makes 1.34HP per cube. If it was a 350 inch motor it would be making 470HP! So it's definitely muscle car in design. On the same basis, at 260 inches it would make 348 HP. The added inches (33) is all Torque, exactly what this engine lacks most. It's a fun piece, it's just small for mileage. Ford will push the 4 banger. This V6 engine saved Mustang sales that were dismal at a time when the Camaro was putting out 325 so it had to happen. If the engine stay's around it will be because of the GM powertrain lineup. Head work and cams that compliment the head work will be beneficial with the right gearing. I still like a longer stroke and a bore job though. Old school.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
That 4 banger turbo will be bad to the bone and will most likely get more respect to the mustang world because of it being used by SVT so many decades ago. Ford never had a bad a$$ V6 years ago so the current V6 gets pooped on. Even having 2 more cylinders over the 4 banger us 3.7 guys will still be in the whale crap line. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
The 6's will never get the ax. There are people out there that don't want to pay for a V8 and are not comfortable owning a turbo car. The V6 will impress the entry level market with their NA big HP #'s

I agree, the 6's helped keep the Mustang in production.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
The 6's will never get the ax. There are people out there that don't want to pay for a V8 and are not comfortable owning a turbo car. The V6 will impress the entry level market with their NA big HP #'s

. . . . and will continue to help keep the Mustang and all subsequent models in production
Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

If someone is not "comfortable" owning a turbo car, they have their head in the sand. Saab, BMW, Mercedes, and many more have gotten V8 HP out of a turbo 4 cylinder for years, with better MPG to boot.

No excuse for someone not to be comfortable with a turbo engine. They are fools.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If someone is not "comfortable" owning a turbo car, they have their head in the sand. Saab, BMW, Mercedes, and many more have gotten V8 HP out of a turbo 4 cylinder for years, with better MPG to boot. No excuse for someone not to be comfortable with a turbo engine. They are fools.
What are guys gonna think now that the new 2.3 i4 might out perform stock 2010 and below gts? Haha
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the 2015 section. Looks like this is less about the V6 and more about the I4.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If someone is not "comfortable" owning a turbo car, they have their head in the sand. Saab, BMW, Mercedes, and many more have gotten V8 HP out of a turbo 4 cylinder for years, with better MPG to boot. No excuse for someone not to be comfortable with a turbo engine. They are fools.
I agree, however, there ARE people out there that don't want a turbo, and don't want to fork over V8 money.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

I agree, however, there ARE people out there that don't want a turbo, and don't want to fork over V8 money.
Depending how much the 4 banger costs it may be real close to the 5.0.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Depending how much the 4 banger costs it may be real close to the 5.0.
Very true. Another good reason to keep the the 6s around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion