mustangs stick together? ha. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
mustangs stick together? ha.

Just wondering if people experience this same thing... Whenever i see another mustang i do a double check and even if i'm by myself i compliment the car lol. Now when i'm on the road and i come up or the other mustang comes up to me... i give them a friendly gesture, WITH a smile... now it seems they see this as a challenge? or ignore me by being completely blind lol because most of the time they either try to show off or race me... which i don't bite into.

Why can't they just be friendly haha, you know return a hi, hell a smile lol. I don't know, it's dumb.

So... personal experience the same for you? hope not then again i'm just hoping they aren't just like that in AZ
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
ive come to the conclusion that theres a lot of selfish ******* mustang owners. I accept what I get whenever I wave or just smile at one. most of them act like you say yours do haha
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
Just wondering if people experience this same thing... Whenever i see another mustang i do a double check and even if i'm by myself i compliment the car lol. Now when i'm on the road and i come up or the other mustang comes up to me... i give them a friendly gesture, WITH a smile... now it seems they see this as a challenge? or ignore me by being completely blind lol because most of the time they either try to show off or race me... which i don't bite into. Why can't they just be friendly haha, you know return a hi, hell a smile lol. I don't know, it's dumb. So... personal experience the same for you? hope not then again i'm just hoping they aren't just like that in AZ
I live in Nor Cal and have had my beautiful car since March. I always get excited when I see another mustang on the road and used to act like a total dork. ONCE I've had some guy " play" on the road otherwise all complete douchbags. I feel your pain
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Just wondering if people experience this same thing... Whenever i see another mustang i do a double check and even if i'm by myself i compliment the car lol. Now when i'm on the road and i come up or the other mustang comes up to me... i give them a friendly gesture, WITH a smile... now it seems they see this as a challenge? or ignore me by being completely blind lol because most of the time they either try to show off or race me... which i don't bite into. Why can't they just be friendly haha, you know return a hi, hell a smile lol. I don't know, it's dumb. So... personal experience the same for you? hope not then again i'm just hoping they aren't just like that in AZ
They are all the same here .. No nod no wave nothing ... So I agree!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglulu View Post
I live in Nor Cal and have had my beautiful car since March. I always get excited when I see another mustang on the road and used to act like a total dork. ONCE I've had some guy " play" on the road otherwise all complete douchbags. I feel your pain
Seriously though !!!! I live in the Bay Area and I try to look at them and smile but they don't even look at mee!!! It's like we drive the same car therefore I hate you lol

There's only one guy that smiles and honks when he sees me and our cars are identical besides our engine lol
Doubledeee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I a.ways. Heck the Mustang next to me regardless of the engine. I love all Mustangs. Regardless of the era and model. Loved the !mustang since I can remember so Iwould say since at least since I was 10 years old.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmegnin1 View Post
I a.ways. Heck the Mustang next to me regardless of the engine. I love all Mustangs. Regardless of the era and model. Loved the !mustang since I can remember so Iwould say since at least since I was 10 years old.
Horribly drunken text. Me Love mustang if that was not clear.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I get excited when I see other mustangs, but it's the modded mustangs you wanna say hi to. When I see someone in a stock mustang they don't usually care for it, they just got a mustang because "mustang", but I saw a guy in a modded 65 GT350 (sick car, looked like a race car) I waved and gave a thumbs up and he smiled waved and gave me a small tire spin haha. The ones with the modded mustangs are the ones who actually know the mustang family.
NFloris_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFloris_05 View Post
I get excited when I see other mustangs, but it's the modded mustangs you wanna say hi to. When I see someone in a stock mustang they don't usually care for it, they just got a mustang because "mustang", but I saw a guy in a modded 65 GT350 (sick car, looked like a race car) I waved and gave a thumbs up and he smiled waved and gave me a small tire spin haha. The ones with the modded mustangs are the ones who actually know the mustang family.
this^
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If all car owners had the passion of Mustang owners...
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Found my snow twin Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387125607.444745.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	141681
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Wrong post lol
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Same thing happens to me I'll look over and check out the car and they automatically think I want to race them.
South3rnBeLLe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I always give a fellow Mustang owner a (two-fingered) peace wave and a nod. Some wave back, some don't. As was posted earlier, modded Mustangs usually get the most looks. Not many REAL Mustang owner/enthusiasts fail to eyeball mine. She's unique:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00047.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	141895   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00050.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	141896  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00051.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	141897   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00049.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	141898  

Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i havta agree, yours is pretty awesome.

most stang owners around here are just the same as mentioned above. theres only been like 3 guys that i can remember every have anything nice to say or do when i see them on the road or something.

one guy in a white stang of my gen with some cool custom running pony decals on his stang came over and talked to me while at the gas station.

while cruising down the road i seen this cobra up ahead so i had to do some spirited driving to catch up to him. sounded really good. i gave him a smile and a thumbs up. he returned it. we cruised for a bit and he gave it a real quick full throttle pull for me. then we proceeded to cruise together.

another guy in a sn95 that was straight piped passed me on the interstate. i was blasting music and over the sound of it and my exhaust i heard him coming. it was almost obnoxiously loud but still i signaled to him that it sounded good. he gave me a smile and a nod and drove off.

and finally my depressing story, i was cruising and seen and older stang so i wanted to catch up to it. so i did. and it was an absolutely gorgeous blue on white shelby gt350. beautiful car. older guy and his son i suppose. honked and everything just trying to show my appreciation for such a work of art and he wouldnt even look over. made me sad then aggravated.lol
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion