My poor baby. I HATE DEER!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Its really nice but you gotta find out about that company and how much prep work is involved in making it fit like in the pics. The ones I posted are all 3 Cervinis 13/14 model year hoods and, in my experience, Cervinis is almost 0 prep, paint and go.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Its really nice but you gotta find out about that company and how much prep work is involved in making it fit like in the pics. The ones I posted are all 3 Cervinis 13/14 model year hoods and, in my experience, Cervinis is almost 0 prep, paint and go.
Yeah i read about it on their website. Heres a direct link. What do you think? Designed and manufactured in the US as well.
http://www.revelaredesign.com/#!/pageLinks
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

I wouldn't be a guinea pig that's for sure. Cobra Auto Designs was made in the USA too IIRC... Cervinis is proven and that means a lot when you are doing 80mph and are confident its not going to fly up and possibly get you killed. I'm not saying this company makes crap but like I said I would not be a test subject.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't be a guinea pig that's for sure. Cobra Auto Designs was made in the USA too IIRC... Cervinis is proven and that means a lot when you are doing 80mph and are confident its not going to fly up and possibly get you killed. I'm not saying this company makes crap but like I said I would not be a test subject.
True. Very good point.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #40

Don't u just love deer? The good news is we killed about 10 this yr at camp. I moved to KY about a yr ago and I'm in farm town western ky their are deer everywhere! I wish could kill them all because I almost hit one about once a week! Sorry to see the dmg!
Cowboy105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy105 View Post
Don't u just love deer? The good news is we killed about 10 this yr at camp. I moved to KY about a yr ago and I'm in farm town western ky their are deer everywhere! I wish could kill them all because I almost hit one about once a week! Sorry to see the dmg!
Such filthy, disgusting, stupid animals. They do absolutely no good for the environment. Between the accidents they cause, crops/gardens/grass the eat, and the Lymes disease they spread, they really need to allow hunting year round to help control the population. VA is one of the highest percentage states for deer related accidents. Saw a stat that 1 of every 108 drivers in VA will hit a deer per year. Insane.

Only deer i like, are the ones formed in the shape of a jerky stick, or steak. Or in my chili.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah we don't allow wild cattle to roam around walking all across the roads and killing drivers. Deer are just as stupid and a much better, leaner meat so yeah kill em all. I haven't hunted in forever but my father has got at least 3 so far, might have got more this weekend. I usually get like 50lbs of good venison each year from him because they just aren't going to be able to eat it all. He usually gets a solid 200-300lbs of meat throughout the whole season getting a few bucks and a bunch of does.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Unbelievable man. You can try to avoid idiot drivers on the road, but nature not a chance. I hope everything gets fixed up perfectly and better than before, we all feel your pain.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah we don't allow wild cattle to roam around walking all across the roads and killing drivers. Deer are just as stupid and a much better, leaner meat so yeah kill em all. I haven't hunted in forever but my father has got at least 3 so far, might have got more this weekend. I usually get like 50lbs of good venison each year from him because they just aren't going to be able to eat it all. He usually gets a solid 200-300lbs of meat throughout the whole season getting a few bucks and a bunch of does.
I dont hunt either. Fish a lot. But never got into hunting. Definitely going to look into it next season after this ordeal, as I have a ton of friends that do. Sometimes you never understand how big a problem is, until it directly affects you.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Unbelievable man. You can try to avoid idiot drivers on the road, but nature not a chance. I hope everything gets fixed up perfectly and better than before, we all feel your pain.
So true man. So true. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry to see that man but look at the good news at least it was a deer and not a 300-400 pound hog those will really do some damage
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Sorry to see that man but look at the good news at least it was a deer and not a 300-400 pound hog those will really do some damage
Those are delicious too especially if you have a good butcher that'll spice up some of the ground meat. Seasoned boarburgers are some of the greatest tasting things ever.

Honestly though I think the majority of animals are potentially delicious. Preferably they stay the hell out of the road though.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those are delicious too especially if you have a good butcher that'll spice up some of the ground meat. Seasoned boarburgers are some of the greatest tasting things ever.
Yeah me and my dad process all of our own meat and yes they are very very delicious. I love me some deer and hog mixed sausage
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Yeah me and my dad process all of our own meat and yes they are very very delicious. I love me some deer and hog mixed sausage
Send me some! Lol
Old 12-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Send me some! Lol
So you are saying you want his sausage in your mouth?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So you are saying you want his sausage in your mouth?
Lmao... Guess i set myself up for that one.
But, if its made from venison and hog, yeah sure, lol
Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Well just a quick update, they still haven't written a final estimate, as they found more damage in the suspension and are waiting for the insurance company to come back out. So far the total is up to around $7920. Probably gonna get close to $10k worth of damage once its all said and done. Good news is there is no frame/structure damage.

Estimated completion date is 1/17, but the shop manager told me dont be surprised if it was longer.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Well just a quick update, they still haven't written a final estimate, as they found more damage in the suspension and are waiting for the insurance company to come back out. So far the total is up to around $7920. Probably gonna get close to $10k worth of damage once its all said and done. Good news is there is no frame/structure damage.

Estimated completion date is 1/17, but the shop manager told me dont be surprised if it was longer.
damn :/
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post

damn :/
Yeah dude, it sucks.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Just a quick update guys, pretty much all parts have been ordered now, and are starting to arrive. Estimated completion date is 1/17. Ended up getting the Cervinis Type 4 Ram air hood, along with the street scene Gen 2 front spoiler which will be painted black to match.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

The shop sent me a few pics today. Fender and hood finally showed up so they did a test fit. Hoping to have it back by the end of next week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1389818103839.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	144735   Click image for larger version

Name:	1389818117162.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	144736  

Name:	1389818128589.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	144737   Click image for larger version

Name:	1389818142008.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	144738  

Name:	1389818156852.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	144739  
Old 01-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #56
Staff
Regular
Staff

They should literally be able to spray the Cervinis pretty much right out of the box. Hopefully the front spoiler is just as good. Going to look great.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
So sad love the hood tho!!!
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion