X Pipe or CAI - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
X Pipe or CAI

So ive only had my mustang for about a month now. Its a 2010 GT. It came with flowmaster axlebacks and I just recently got a SCT tuner from bama performance. Im trying to decide what my next mod should be. Im thinking x pipe or CAI. Any suggestions?
ronald_h912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My vote would be a cat delete. X pipes get a bit raspy. I like the stock H, but with cats removed...better sound imo.
Troy
Old 12-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Steeda CAI for sure
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Off road x will get you more power.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Steeda CAI for sure
I def love mine, but can't hear it over my Ataks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Off road x will get you more power.
Very true, but for the extra 2-5 ponys, i really think the rasp gets pretty bad. I prefer a more throaty, old school v8 sound. Personal preference.
Troy
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_h912 View Post
So ive only had my mustang for about a month now. Its a 2010 GT. It came with flowmaster axlebacks and I just recently got a SCT tuner from bama performance. Im trying to decide what my next mod should be. Im thinking x pipe or CAI. Any suggestions?
Congratulations! Definitely post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out. It sounds like you haven't wasted any times modding and already jumped on a Bama tuner! How are you enjoying your Tune so far?

Since you're already tuned, you can really go in whatever direction you'd like and the tuner will pull everything together. If you go with Gears, we can recalibrate the speedometer for you. If you go with an O/R X-Pipe we can turn off the rear O2's for you so that you don't throw a CEL etc.. This makes things very simple!

It sounds like your head is in the right spot and I would recommend doing the X-pipe and Intake at some point in the near future! They'll definitely both add a good amount of power and sound great. The X-pipe will change the entire sound of your Exhaust and it will definitely be much louder and the CAI will make your engine scream!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance int he near future! We really appreciate your business and loyalty. Also, make sure to hit me up when you hit 50 post and I'll hook you up with a our MustangEvolution 6% exclusive discount.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_h912 View Post
Congrats on your new 2010 GT btw!

Which Flowmaster axlebacks do you currently have? If it's a 2 chambered muffler, than an Xpipe will sound pretty good IMO. The O/R Xpipes sounds a little too raspy when paired with straight threw mufflers though (non chambered). Either way, I'd suggest some type of O/R mid-pipe, whether it be an X or H. There's a good bit a power to be gained there and of course some more music to your ears!

How do you like the current ride height? Is it stock? My next move would be towards suspension if it's stock. That's just me though.

Let me know if you have questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
The axle backs are chambered but I'm not sure of the seies as they were already on car and I bought from dealership. My suspension is stock. What advantages do I receive from lowering? I do love the look of lowered stangs
ronald_h912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I would get the x pipe. U get such a better sound than u do from the factory h pipe. The cold air intake won't add much horsepower at all but will slightly change the sound of your exhaust at higher Rpms. I would get the Cai soon after the x pipe though. And the reason for lowering a car is to lower the center of gravity. The closer you are to the ground, the harder u can rip corners. U also eliminate nose dive under hard braking and nose jump under hard acceleration for the simple fact that your suspension is stiffer. In my old 99 mustang gt I was practically sitting on the ground and I could take sharp on ramps at 80mph. But basically to sum it all up, if your gonna start modding your car, you'll add the Cai, x pipe, cat delete, throttle body etc. it's all just time and money, which Is the struggle that all of us on this forum are going thru lol
badblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Get the midpipe for sure, will free up more power and sound better. If you have chambered mufflers they're likely flowmasters but the name of the muffler should be stamped right on the muffler if you crawl under and check.

Lowering, that just improves overall handling/feel and gets rid of that godawful wheel gap. Its not as bad on the 05-up cars as it is on the 94-04 cars but its still bad.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
cai