Mustang Wave ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Mustang Wave ?

My cousin has a Jeep Wrangler and he always waves to other Wrangler owners. I have to say more often then not the other Jeeps acknowledge him. I think it's kind of cool. I plan on ordering a new Mustang soon and was just wondering if this is true amongst Mustang owners?
Charlesph55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesph55 View Post
My cousin has a Jeep Wrangler and he always waves to other Wrangler owners. I have to say more often then not the other Jeeps acknowledge him. I think it's kind of cool. I plan on ordering a new Mustang soon and was just wondering if this is true amongst Mustang owners?
People don't really wave when I'm in the stang but on my bike we all wave to each other
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It's hit or miss. I usually get a head nod if we happen to be driving in the same direction, other than that no luck.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I know when I was in college there where 3-4 other machs and when ever we would pass each other we just did a quick rev of the motor
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
It's hit or miss. I usually get a head nod if we happen to be driving in the same direction, other than that no luck.

Their are a lot of mustang owner near me in the burbs and they don't wave at all I think when u ride by a mustang and u have more to your then they do or they aren't putting work in theirs and ur all geeked up about yours that's when u see it I had one girl actual look at me when we had a stop light Stang moment I think that was only because she was checking me out not any muscle love...lol so I say sad but true no love like u get on a bike or bus bus drivers even have a bond like that, maybe we need to start a new movement for all stangs to ride together when they can, I mean it is a horse and they do ride together...lmao okay I'm done!
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
I was in my Subaru yesterday and I got a wave from a guy in his wrx I thought that was pretty kool, but in the stang is better I had a guy behind my in his gt revving it up and giving me a thumbs up out the window. I'am always waving or revving her up when I go by.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
I was in my Subaru yesterday and I got a wave from a guy in his wrx I thought that was pretty kool, but in the stang is better I had a guy behind my in his gt revving it up and giving me a thumbs up out the window. I'am always waving or revving her up when I go by.

When I get behind people and they hear my GT they seems to not like it, we both in a mustang u should know I have power but most of them act like I'm trying to intimidate them with it!....come on man! We both have muscle but most guys out here in GA don't drive Manual they only do automatic I'm from Cali we drive stuff the way it should be and then push it harder baby!..
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopty5525 View Post
When I get behind people and they hear my GT they seems to not like it, we both in a mustang u should know I have power but most of them act like I'm trying to intimidate them with it!....come on man! We both have muscle but most guys out here in GA don't drive Manual they only do automatic I'm from Cali we drive stuff the way it should be and then push it harder baby!..

Yea man I know exactly what you mean that's why I usually throw in a wave or thumbs up, I also have a manual so it's easy for me to let then know I'm here, O/R hpipe and 10 series help to lol
Old 12-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: North Carolina
I wave at other mustang owners and usually get wave back. With the top down, I often wave at other convertibles (all makes) with their tops down and nearly always get a wave and a big smile. Yep, on my 400 Yamaha I would get a wave back even from the biggest baddest bikers. Ha ha! Bikers stick together pretty well. You might be making someone's day, and you feel good too.
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Nice idea, but it gets old fast. It started back when I owned Corvettes; they all had the "save the wave" thing going on. The motorcyclists do it as well. During bike week, you'd be waving all day. Seemed dangerous to me to be riding the motorcycle with one hand.

If a Mustang owner waved at me, it would be difficult to wave back with the tinted windows being closed most of the time in Florida. I'd try, but may not make it in time for the other driver to see.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
In Qu├ębec, pretty much anyone with a mustang will flash his highs or wave at ya when passing by. I thought this was something everyone did. Needless to say, the people in British Columbia don't wave back as much. I find the only people that will pay respect when we cross are other 10-14 owners.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I thought a wave would be more common among Mustang owners. What do you guys think about waving to other muscle cars? I would give a wave. I think American muscle should stick together to oppose the imports ! ! !

hahaha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camaro-Challenger-and-Mustang-darkcruz360-31081368-500-313.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	141971  
Charlesph55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Waving is rampant in the bike and Wrangler community for sure. Good thing there is an unwritten rule of "ya don't hafta wave" during bikeweeks!
In musclecars (and I will include the newer Mustangs in this example) we see more thumbs ups than waves.
Troy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion