HELP 08 Mustang GT dies - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
HELP 08 Mustang GT dies

Alright so I just got an 08 GT
Had a STEEDA CAI brand new with a tune now
Cervini side exhaust (kinda right now it only has one muffler then stops so exhaust is leaving through the mid pipe)
Other than that it is stock besides wheels and stuff
Well while going on the highway 50-70 and then say I am going off an exit ill hold the clutch in while coasting the exit. While doing that it will just die. So while going I loose power brakes and steering. What could make it die? Other then that it idles normal and is good during city use 30 mph usually. Any help or idea??;;;
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Has a STEEDA intake and tune
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Check the ACSD switch, that turns off the cruise control to keep the engine from revving. Check for wires around anything that moves when you depress the clutch, it could be causing a short somewhere. Is your flywheel stock? What happens if you rev the engine a bit while depressing the clutch? Does it kill the engine as soon as you touch the clutch or at the end of the stroke or later once RPMs fall. Any noises? What if you put it in neutral?
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Check the ACSD switch, that turns off the cruise control to keep the engine from revving. Check for wires around anything that moves when you depress the clutch, it could be causing a short somewhere. Is your flywheel stock? What happens if you rev the engine a bit while depressing the clutch? Does it kill the engine as soon as you touch the clutch or at the end of the stroke or later once RPMs fall. Any noises? What if you put it in neutral?
As far as I know the flywheel is stock. No noises, but does have a slight iradic idle. Could be a vacuum leak from the new intake?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yea thats a very good possibility! Spray something like starter fluid ariund there and see if that effects ur idle. The erratic idle, sounds like an IAC, but it would do that anytime at idle no just when you disengage the clutch. Then again, i dont see where a leaking intake has to do with disengaging the clutch. Its worth a try anyway.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Yea thats a very good possibility! Spray something like starter fluid ariund there and see if that effects ur idle. The erratic idle, sounds like an IAC, but it would do that anytime at idle no just when you disengage the clutch. Then again, i dont see where a leaking intake has to do with disengaging the clutch. Its worth a try anyway.
It's slight eradic like 600 to 750 or 800 rpm just quickly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion