Mach 1 or new Coyote? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mach 1 or new Coyote?

Whats up ladies/gents. So i'm going to buy a car pretty soon. Probably around July or so, once i save up some more money. My fathers business partner has a pristine Mach 1. like he never drives it. he lets it sit and takes it out once in a blue moon. it probably has like 14k-18k miles on it. I could probably get it for lets say 15/16k or just a bit more. (i dont *really* know) Anyway, by the time July comes around ill have enough money saved up to finance a 2012 or so. I have had my heart set on a 5.0 coyote for awhile but mach 1s are pretty nice as well. currently im driving a 1999 v6. nothing special. just cai, flowmasters, stick and possibly a tune. I don't know for sure about the tune because the other owners i got it from didn't know **** about the car or what the guy they got it from really did to it. So basically its a quick little car but nothing fancy.

I like the new coyotes being that their hp and limits are above and beyond that of the mach 1. but i want to hear what you all have to say. please feel free to say whatever you may be thinking.
richg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I've never driven a Mach 1. They are nice looking cars, but I love my Coyote. I've driven other Mustangs and even the terminator and just the driving of the Coyote wins me. They drive smooth, tons of power, handles good and just looks good. I am a big fan of the Mach 1 gen though. Just all depends on what you really want. You don't see many Machs driving around.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I really love the look and power of the new coyotes. I've been wanting one ever since they were announced. and very true about not seeing many mach 1s around, and they look especially nice with termi bumpers as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The Mach is a cool car but can't compare to the new GT performance wise so how big of a deal is HP and 1/4 mile racing etc?
Personally I would go with the 5.0 if you can afford it, but if the price diff is great then nothing wrong with the Mach
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Mach 1 is a real nice car to pick up and if it's maintained and not beat up you'll be super happy with it. Also you can count on insurance being less than the new one
Newline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by richg93 View Post
Yeah I really love the look and power of the new coyotes. I've been wanting one ever since they were announced. and very true about not seeing many mach 1s around, and they look especially nice with termi bumpers as well

I agree

Attachment 142286

Attachment 142291

Attachment 142292
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Two good looking machines right there
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post

Two good looking machines right there
That's actually 4 different comp orange cars

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

2 ProCharged Mach's, my Boss, and a GT
Old 12-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah wow those are some beautiful cars!

and true the power of the machs has nothing against the new coyotes and I could afford a new coyote. insurance isn't too much. me being 20 it'll run me around 180-215$ I think a month (totally forgot the quote I got)

Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah wow those are some beautiful cars!

and true the power of the machs has nothing against the new coyotes and I could afford a new coyote. insurance isn't too much. me being 20 it'll run me around 180-215$ I think a month (totally forgot the quote I got)

My car is the only one of those that isn't supercharged but you should see me up against them it would surprise the shiz outta you :p
Old 12-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My car is the only one of those that isn't supercharged but you should see me up against them it would surprise the shiz outta you :p
I'd ask which is yours but they all look the same! and are absolutely beautiful Hehe..

Old 12-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd ask which is yours but they all look the same! and are absolutely beautiful Hehe..

The hint is in my name
Old 12-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The hint is in my name
sexyyyy hehe I want a new 5.0 so I figure I'm going to go with one of the instead of the mach but who knows!

Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

sexyyyy hehe I want a new 5.0 so I figure I'm going to go with one of the instead of the mach but who knows!

I love my Boss, I'd love a Mach too but I wouldn't get rid of the Boss for it
Old 12-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
All depends what you want power or a classic.
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love my Boss, I'd love a Mach too but I wouldn't get rid of the Boss for it
yeah super nice car! what color? is it custom?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Cars that sit up for long periods of time without being ran are not good for them.
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah super nice car! what color? is it custom?

This is my baby
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
You don't say what year Mach 1. Some are too valuable as classics to be used for daily drivers. I would recommend a new car that can be enjoyed as a daily driver, has lots of power and is technically up to date. The Mach 1 should be kept from harm, and driven on special occasions and taken to shows as a reminder of its awesomeness.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
You don't say what year Mach 1. Some are too valuable as classics to be used for daily drivers. I would recommend a new car that can be enjoyed as a daily driver, has lots of power and is technically up to date. The Mach 1 should be kept from harm, and driven on special occasions and taken to shows as a reminder of its awesomeness.
+1,000
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

For a Mach it was an 03 or an 04. You only care about the year if you are looking for an automatic in which case you want the 04.

At any rate, I'd get the Coyote. The Mach is awesome but not $16k awesome. That is getting near Terminator/Coyote price range as you are aware. Now... if you run some numbers and can get that car for $12-$14k from him your monthly payment is going to be in the $200/mo range with a really good interest rate (I get 2.3-3.0% for a used vehicle depending on how many years from my Credit Union). A low mileage newer Coyote at $22k is going to be closer to $400 plus the insurance will be higher. Now... you WILL NOT be disappointed with the Mach if you do go that route. They are very capable cars, look great, are rare but for amenities, fit/finish and overall capability the Coyote is the better deal. All depends on how much you are comfortable paying per month.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I traded in a '03 TR Mach 1 on my '13 5.0 and regret it every day. Only because I should have kept it for what they gave me on trade (motor needed pulled and new heads/timing etc..).

I would buy it back from whoever has it now just to have it. That said it does not compare to the '13 in terms of power and comfort features that make a DD easy to drive.

I'd get the 5.0 if I was in your shoes just my $.02.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
For a Mach it was an 03 or an 04. You only care about the year if you are looking for an automatic in which case you want the 04.

At any rate, I'd get the Coyote. The Mach is awesome but not $16k awesome. That is getting near Terminator/Coyote price range as you are aware. Now... if you run some numbers and can get that car for $12-$14k from him your monthly payment is going to be in the $200/mo range with a really good interest rate (I get 2.3-3.0% for a used vehicle depending on how many years from my Credit Union). A low mileage newer Coyote at $22k is going to be closer to $400 plus the insurance will be higher. Now... you WILL NOT be disappointed with the Mach if you do go that route. They are very capable cars, look great, are rare but for amenities, fit/finish and overall capability the Coyote is the better deal. All depends on how much you are comfortable paying per month.
true yes it is an 03 mach 1. it's in pristine condition. not sure what he really wants for it. I'd probably get it cheap since it's a family friend/father's business partner.

I do love the new coyotes and I know that the mach has nothing on it in terms of capability/comfort. I may go down that road when I start seeing money from my new job. if I am comfortable spending $500 a month for a car, we will see. thanks!

Old 12-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I would go with the Mach and do without a big car payment,either way their both awesome cars.
02 GT,Ford racing C springs,Tokico rear shocks,Mpr full length subframe connectors,Kyb adjustable front struts,hardened steel axles,3.73 gears,Bbk uppers,Granitelli adjustable lowers, Mach 1 seats,Steeda Tri ax shifter,Exedy stage 2 clutch,Firdanza aluminum flywheel,Bbk adjustable clutch quadrant,Bbk shorty headers ,Mpr catted x pipe,Pypes Violator catback,Jlt cai,Bulitt intake manifold,Venom 24 lb injectors,Ngk iridium plugs,TFS twisted wedge heads and cams,stock short block ,custom dyno tune on a Mustang dyno.
weschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
Fcuk that .. Drive your car or don't have
Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newline View Post
Fcuk that .. Drive your car or don't have
For the most part yes but if you have a car going UP in value like the Termi... dunno.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The Mach will be cheaper that's for sure. I also would like to point out that mods for the Mach 1 will be cheaper also. For a couple grand you could do the exhaust and suspension. Another grand for some decent Boltons and Ur sitting pretty stout. The other huge thing people overlook is how much cheaper it is to buy smaller tires. I love not having to spend huge money on rubber so I can burn it off. My buddy just got 19x9 rims and for the same tire, he pays more than double compared to my 17x9 rims. Also don't get a girlfriend too. So effn expensive...
Old 12-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #28
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep, nobody ever thinks about the cost of tires. 17" tire are dirt cheap, if you want to fill up the wheel wells just get fatter sidewalls. Better performance too.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I sold my insanely fast Whippled Mach 1 to get a new GT. I don't regret it one bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new whipple pic.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	142580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sidewithheaders.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	142581  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rays show.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	973.9 KB
ID:	142582  
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

For the most part yes but if you have a car going UP in value like the Termi... dunno.
Then sell it off... And by a driver - everyone thinks they have an "investment" when it comes to their car- sorry but you are just not enjoying your car for no reason
Old 12-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol you are making me want to get all seasons for my 98 and just drive it. Not in the snow/ice but every time else.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I drive the hell out of my Gt, I stayed with 17 inchers and I'm glad, get a good tune , exhaust and enjoy

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

If you want to really kick *** , slap a blower on it๐Ÿ‘
02 GT,Ford racing C springs,Tokico rear shocks,Mpr full length subframe connectors,Kyb adjustable front struts,hardened steel axles,3.73 gears,Bbk uppers,Granitelli adjustable lowers, Mach 1 seats,Steeda Tri ax shifter,Exedy stage 2 clutch,Firdanza aluminum flywheel,Bbk adjustable clutch quadrant,Bbk shorty headers ,Mpr catted x pipe,Pypes Violator catback,Jlt cai,Bulitt intake manifold,Venom 24 lb injectors,Ngk iridium plugs,TFS twisted wedge heads and cams,stock short block ,custom dyno tune on a Mustang dyno.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
An 03' in excellent shape is only going to Blue Book around $10,000. Compare that to one of the 69-70 Mach 1 Mustangs which can draw anywhere from $30,000-$60,000 in good condition. Three to six times the value of a GT.

IMHO, if you like the car, buy it and drive it. But also try a new car setup like you want, and compare. Just remember that used cars can be more expensive to maintain. I would also consider how the current owner feels about the car. Some people have sentimental ties to their cars, and if something happens, it could cause a rift in your relationship.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Ya,I bought my Gt and turned it into what I thought a Gt should be , its all in your creative imagination,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion