Get away from my car... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Rule #1 Food and drink is only allowed if it has a cap or a lid, or is me and my best friend when we get our Starbucks Frappaccinos.

Rule #2 You respect the car or you walk

Rule #3 You compliment the car or you walk

Rule #4 We can listen to music and look badass in the car, but no trying to dance inside the car (yes this happened in the truck and my friend broke my cupholder)

Rule #5 Show common sense or you walk

Rule #6 Follow all above rules.... or you walk.
Almost exactly my rules.

Rule 7: Touch the radio you walk

Rule 8: Touch anything related to operating the vehicle, not only do you walk, you are banned

Rule 9: Do anything in or outside of the car without permission and, depending on the severity, receive a dead leg and/or walk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You guys better watch out in full service only states then. Attendants LOVE to lean up against cars. I had to almost scream at one of them to gtf off my 95 years back when I went to get gas right after I spent hours cleaning/detailing it and dude slaps his hand right on the spoiler and puts what seemed like his full weight down, enough to make me feel it in the car.

I now only fill my Mustang up on base if I can because its self serve and NJ is one of the (I think two) states where it is technically illegal to pump your own. I have no idea why... oh yeah I do... half the ppl in this state are too stupid to tie their own shoes without pulling a muscle. But the base is federal and self serve. My father has a job on base too and he won't fill up anywhere else either with his Corvette or his F-150.

And threads like this are why I now own a 98GT. It is not collectible, it is not a 10/10 condition car (I'd say 8.5/10), I can mod it all I like and not feel bad and if I wreck it... oh well hopefully its not my fault and their insurance pays out enough for me to replace it with a like vehicle.

I keep thinking one day I'll buy a garage queen Mystichrome Termi but I'm not sure I'd be able to enjoy driving it without being stressed as hell anytime someone got within 10 ft of the paint haha.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You guys better watch out in full service only states then. Attendants LOVE to lean up against cars. I had to almost scream at one of them to gtf off my 95 years back when I went to get gas right after I spent hours cleaning/detailing it and dude slaps his hand right on the spoiler and puts what seemed like his full weight down, enough to make me feel it in the car.

I now only fill my Mustang up on base if I can because its self serve and NJ is one of the (I think two) states where it is technically illegal to pump your own. I have no idea why... oh yeah I do... half the ppl in this state are too stupid to tie their own shoes without pulling a muscle. But the base is federal and self serve. My father has a job on base too and he won't fill up anywhere else either with his Corvette or his F-150.

And threads like this are why I now own a 98GT. It is not collectible, it is not a 10/10 condition car (I'd say 8.5/10), I can mod it all I like and not feel bad and if I wreck it... oh well hopefully its not my fault and their insurance pays out enough for me to replace it with a like vehicle.

I keep thinking one day I'll buy a garage queen Mystichrome Termi but I'm not sure I'd be able to enjoy driving it without being stressed as hell anytime someone got within 10 ft of the paint haha.
I would like to say that is why I have a 97, but reality is that is what I could afford at the time. That being said I am glad that I don't have to worry about perfection with it because it isn't a collectors piece. I would probably give it a 9 out of 10 so I do get upset when there is a new scratch or paint chip, but it just blends in with the others.

I am very careful with people touching the spoiler because I had a friend with a sn95 and someone snapped the spoiler. It was already pretty beat up, but still.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I also have a 1988 Suzuki Samurai _"GUESS WHAT????

I don't let anybody drink or eat or smoke in it either. I have it mostly to go to Walmart or the dog park. It has 260,000 miles on it and still runs great. It do have some rust to give it character. The clear coat is mostly gone. It stays pretty dirty inside and outside.
******************************BUT************************************************

Ain't nobody gonna eat or drink or smoke in my Samurai. Well, except my dogs if I'm in a store and they watch the car. I do leave a bowl of water for them. Oh! if I take them to the drive in bank the lady gives them Dog biscuits and they like to eat them on the way home.IN MY SAMUARI

Maybe I should say "NO HUMANS CAN EAT,DRINK,or SMOKE in my car.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Our dogs go in the CR-V or Expy. Pretty often and I need to go to a place with the huge *** coin operated vacs at some point soon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Right now this a war between me and my wife. We take out dogs out a lot. Until I got my mustang. She won't let them in her equinox and hell will freeze before I let them in my mustang lol.
bgodfrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
now for the other side of he story. When my wife and I were trying to decide on buying our Mustang, I thought it only fair to go and drive the competition also.

A dealer in the same town as the one we got out GT from has an SS sitting on their lot parked between 2 other Camaros a fairly tight squeeze between the three.

We pulled in in our 2011 3 series (4 door) and go to get in, my wife promptly miss judges the doors swing and very lightly taps the Camaro parked on the passenger side (very lightly) dang if it didn't chip the paint all the way thru to the under coat, a small triangle of white showing cleanly thru.

my wife was embarrassed but we both were surprised at how fragile the paint seemed to be.
so we drive the car and hated it , no visibility and heavy sluggish feeling handling, we come back and I pull back in and we both very carefully get out of the car.

while we are walking away from the car, I suddenly remember that when I had asked to drive the car (I was seated in the car at the time) the salesman had asked for my DL/ins and I had got them out of my wallet and set them in the center console when he handed them back.

I walked back over and damn if even trying to be careful I very lightly tapped the Camaro on that side and same small whie triangle appears.

now I would really feel bad about this but 3 points came to mind.

WTF is GM using such ****ty paint and or sharp door edges for compared to other cars

two this is a Texas dealership in a medium size town space isn't at a premium, how about parking your cars a little farther apart on the lot to give people, unfamiliar with things like how the doors swing on the cars, room to look the car over without worrying about the cars around it.

or three how about when you walk out with the keys to unlock a car a customer wants to see as a salesman you pull the car out to where the customer can walk around it and look it over.

anyways we walked back towards our car with the salesman and told him we were also going to go over and drive a Mustang GT and he started bashing on the mustangs fit and finish, I told him I would call him if we decided to go with the GM product and as soon as we left both my wife and I talking stated that we wouldn't buy the Camaro if for no other reason than how brittle the paint was, I have had brittle painted cars before and they just end up a speckled mess of stone chips with the first year of ownership.

Bad day for a Camaro salesman, lost a sale to a Stang and got 2 paint chipped Camaro 6ers in the bargain.
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I would rather have my dogs in my Mustang "THEN"

Some People I know Shari's fat *** mother is 350 pounds and likes to hang onto the door window to get in or out. She was barred from my Corvette and will never ever get in to my Mustang. When I had my Mini it was no problem. I told her she would not fit into a Mini. ( I lied because they have more room then the Corvette or Mustang. ) She has a Saturn and I have never seen a car take abuse like that one. She can't close a door without slamming it. She floors it at every green light, She slams on the brakes to stop at the last minute. She runs into the parking curbs.
I'm telling you-"That is one tough car" She just turned 100,000 miles and it is still together and running good. She does get it fully serviced every 3,000 miles and when it does need repairs it is done.
Every time I'm asked to pick her up or drop her off someplace I take my Samurai. She does not like it so I don't ever get asked for rides much at all anymore.
At least she don't bath herself in stupid perfume.

My Dog's all respect my car and love to ride. All I get from them is a few hairs that vacuum up. Mario loves his special seat and Oscar is a Dachshund with a Chihuahua head that likes to ride on my lap. He will get in the seat with Mario when I make him.

Mario is the big one, Oscar is the Chiweeni

Ronnie
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice now sparticus my Baxter from anchorman clone I wouldn't mind in my car. However Hurley is a German shepherd/huskey and is a different story lol Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387815277.366541.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	142636
Old 12-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

We have 4 dogs so we need the truck lol. 2 rescues and 2 show dogs. Yes show dogs.

Rescues are a Dane/Mastiff mix at 125lbs, German Shepherd at 60lbs.

Show Dogs are an Ibizan Hound at around 65lbs and an Irish Wolfhound... He just turned a year old and is pushing 150lbs. He should top out around 175. So yeah need a truck...

Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I just looked at a old ranger with 125k on it for sole purpose of the dogs lol
Old 12-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #47
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Here's where we all differ in who rides, eats, smokes, or picks noses in our Mustang. The wife and I, yep, we will grab some fast food on the way to a sporting event,car show, or whatever in the Mustang. I have the pre-formed rubber mats, so cleanup is easy on the Saturday mornings when both cars get their bath.
As to pets though, I don't put them into the Mustang. That's what the "run-about" truck is for. I love dogs, like cats, and hate snakes. None of them get into the Mustang though, as I find the hair and dandar hard to keep out of the vents and such. My dogs always liked the truck anyway, as it got them higher to look out into the world when we drove around with them.

As most know, I drive the living heck out of my Mustang. That car is for the wife and I to enjoy. The rest of the family gets the truck.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Looks like I cursed myself with this thread..........

Went to my girlfriend's parent's house today to wish them a merry xmas...well their dog was so excited to see me that he couldn't wait to greet me. I couldn't get out of my car in time before he jumped up on the door. Left a nice vertical scratch right below the window. It's barely noticeable and when I showed my friend when I left he couldn't see it. BUT I CAN SEE IT.

I love dogs, and I've never really felt hatred for an animal....but I actually considered punching that stupid dog in the face for a second before I thought better of it. So mad.

So there's that.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgodfrey8 View Post
Bro in my opinion she just does that cause she wants to know she is more important then the car. Just indulge her and she probably won't do that again.
Oh we don't date. So in that regard, she's not more important than the car. Well, that didn't come out right. Of course "if my car and she were both laying on the train tracks" I'd save her first, but on my list of things, my car is higher on the chain...
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Only people that ever ride with me are my best friend and girlfriend. I grilled my friends *** for slamming my door all the time. He doesn't do it anymore. When my girlfriend and i first started dating, she knew how meticulous i was and still am with my car and she would make me open and close her door for her hahaha. She closes it by putting her palm on the edge of the window. I've tought them well.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I can't tell you how many dings I have gotten on my nissan versa (daily driver) I had the entire car worked on to be dent free and repainted and within a week two new dings. I was furious! to the back of the parking lots for me. ESPECIALLY with the mustang!!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi ironsurvivor

You really should not have her use the window:
Quote:
She closes it by putting her palm on the edge of the window. I've tought them well.
Our Mustangs have window dippers and when using the window to close the door could loosen up the glass in the track or mess up the window dipper action.

Re train her to start using the door handle. Better safe then sorry.
Ronnie
Old 12-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Good advice. Thank you! I didn't know that
Old 12-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I learned it the hard way

I never thought about it until it cost me $1,600 to get the window on my 98 Corvette repaired. Of course the Chevy dealer screwed me big time. (F&%&%G Thief) It did teach me not to use the glass to shut the doors though.
Ronnie
Old 12-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for saving me that bill
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I was the offender the other day when I pulled into a spot next to a white Civic, and the door just completely got away from me as I opened it, and it banged hard right into the Civic. I was like, "ah crap," and THEN saw that there was a young woman sitting in the car, staring at me in horror. I got out and checked out the door, and fortunately it hadn't left a mark. She jumped out of the car in alarm, but I apologized profusely and let her know there was no damage, and she was cool about it. The Civic was so beat up I don't think another ding would even be noticeable, but I hate jackholes who just bang their doors into other cars, so I was incredibly mortified.

I was left wondering though what would have happened if there had been damage to the other car. I really have no idea what people do in those circumstances. Would it be treated as a collision with insurance companies involved?
ElSaborAsiatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Couldn't you just offer the person alittle money to fix it and keep insurance companies out of it?
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #57
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSaborAsiatico View Post
I was the offender the other day when I pulled into a spot next to a white Civic, and the door just completely got away from me as I opened it, and it banged hard right into the Civic. I was like, "ah crap," and THEN saw that there was a young woman sitting in the car, staring at me in horror. I got out and checked out the door, and fortunately it hadn't left a mark. She jumped out of the car in alarm, but I apologized profusely and let her know there was no damage, and she was cool about it. The Civic was so beat up I don't think another ding would even be noticeable, but I hate jackholes who just bang their doors into other cars, so I was incredibly mortified.

I was left wondering though what would have happened if there had been damage to the other car. I really have no idea what people do in those circumstances. Would it be treated as a collision with insurance companies involved?
If they are a dick about it and you are trying to apologize... drive off. Generally you do not get the insurance companies involved for something minor like this because BOTH your rates will go up. I really can't stand how I can be at a red light and get rearended and MY insurance goes up... Like wtf...

At any rate good to see there was no damage, I'm completely anal retentive when I park, when I open doors and if I'm in the Mustang I always try to park away from everyone else but its not always possible.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Yup! I'm also very anal about parking and try to park away from other cars if possible. Unfortunately during the Xmas season it can be a challenge to find a bank of empty spaces!

I actually got a set of those plastic things you attach to your door edges so they won't damage other cars. This morning I parked next to my boss's Jag, opened my door, thought "no worries, I've got that thing on the door edge." Heard metal hit metal (softly, but still)...turns out the damn thing fell off on the way to work. FML...
ElSaborAsiatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I also always try to park in the very back. My school has a double wide spot in the very back so I park there. I work at a small business of only 7 people and I always park away so I've been fortunate.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Generally you do not get the insurance companies involved for something minor like this because BOTH your rates will go up. I really can't stand how I can be at a red light and get rearended and MY insurance goes up... Like wtf...
That's why I'm no longer with Esurance. My car was hit while it was parked at work. I wasn't even IN the vehicle. I called them when I got my next bill and asked about it. They told me because of the claim I had and I immediately told them to cancel my policy.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert

That's why I'm no longer with Esurance. My car was hit while it was parked at work. I wasn't even IN the vehicle. I called them when I got my next bill and asked about it. They told me because of the claim I had and I immediately told them to cancel my policy.
...that's how insurance works...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Are there any companies that your insurance wouldn't go up in this case
Old 12-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #63
Staff
Regular
Staff

There are some that have "accident forgiveness" but from what I hear its gimmicky. Plus I think you have to be a longtime customer in good standing with no accidents for it to even be considered.

The crap thing is your rate goes up because you had a claim at all, period. Now with USAA in Delaware I once had an accident where I wasn't even in the car. USAA never got contacted because his insurance paid for everything and I never had my rate to up or anything. This was literally in 2002 so I forget all the details.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow
There are some that have "accident forgiveness" but from what I hear its gimmicky. Plus I think you have to be a longtime customer in good standing with no accidents for it to even be considered.

The crap thing is your rate goes up because you had a claim at all, period. Now with USAA in Delaware I once had an accident where I wasn't even in the car. USAA never got contacted because his insurance paid for everything and I never had my rate to up or anything. This was literally in 2002 so I forget all the details.
You basically pay an increase over the normal price for accident forgiveness. I'd rather stick the extra money back in my pocket every 6 months.
Our's:
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #65
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I really hope you do not think the top on a cup of coffee or soft drink will stop the liquid from coming out if the drink is dropped. The top is the first thing off of the cup.

Ronnie

It's not a cup of coffee. Frapaccinos are pretty much iced coffee inside of blended ice. It's pretty thick and doesn't slosh around. Only way to make it spill is to tip it over.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
...that's how insurance works...
Doesn't make sense to me, especially considering I wasn't even in the car and it was legally parked. Regardless, I'm glad I switched. I got a much better rate through American Family and my agent even looked for and found some loopholes to get my rate even lower.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert
Doesn't make sense to me, especially considering I wasn't even in the car and it was legally parked. Regardless, I'm glad I switched. I got a much better rate through American Family and my agent even looked for and found some loopholes to get my rate even lower.
You made a claim which cost the company money. Puts you in the same category as someone who had an accident.
Our's:
Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
You made a claim which cost the company money. Puts you in the same category as someone who had an accident.
How does it cost the victim's insurance any money when the other driver is 100% at fault and their insurance pays for the damages? It just seems silly to me that this service is mandatory, yet we get charged even more if we ever have to actually use it for any reason. My cars have been hit a total of 4 times while they were legally parked and I was not in the vehicle and the most recent time was the first time my rate ever went up.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd start parking somewhere else if I were you...

Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd start parking somewhere else if I were you...
They were all in different locations, unfortunately. Hell one time was even a hit and run in the courthouse parking lot, which happened to have no cameras. Out of all of the vehicles I've owned in the past, the two red ones were the only ones that got hit. Which also gets charged more on insurance for being "high visibility targets" or however it's worded.

My black truck never got hit, my blue Camaro never got hit, my black motorcycle never got hit, and my white Mustang hasn't been hit as of yet (knock on wood). Only my red Camaro and red MR2.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion