Get away from my car... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Get away from my car...

You're gonna love this one.

I had a final exam on campus today. I told a friend that I'd pick her up at her apartment before the exam and we could drive to the exam together. She loves riding in my car () so of course she agreed. Well when we got to my parking lot on campus (I rent a house off-campus, so I have to drive there), most of the spots were taken. I try to park far from other cars, but today there was no way to avoid it. I backed in right beside another SN197. Before I could even think, the girl in my passenger seat swings her door wide open........knocking it into the Mustang I parked next to.

I didn't want to go to jail, so I decided not to kill her. However, I did piss my pants when I heard and felt the thump. I walked over as she apologized and apologized again and again. Turns out my door didn't have a mark on it at all. The legend lime V6 I parked next to had a nice little white mark on the door just forward of the door handle. All it took was for me to wipe it off with my finger, thank the Mustang gods. No dent whatsoever, no scratch, so I didn't leave a note or anything. But I did make my passenger feel as bad as I possibly could. Good thing she was as attractive as she was, otherwise I might be telling you this story from behind bars.

All in all, the message of the story is, make sure your passengers know how to carefully open doors in tight parking spaces. If they don't know how, tell them that there's plenty of room in the trunk.
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

People need to think before they act
Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I can't stand most passengers. Thankfully you got away with no damage. I'll share my story as well.

Back in high school I was driving an 80's Camaro with t-tops. I decided to take them off after school one day before driving home because, you know....it's awesome. My buddy that carpooled with me saw this and decided to be an idiot. The windows were down, I was in the car and was staring at him outside his door thinking "don't you fking do it". He did it. He put his hand on the A and B pillars and jumped over the door and into the seat. He kicked the crap out of the PERFECT dash on the way down and took a decent chunk out of the corner.

I managed to last a whole 17 years without punching anyone in the face. Needless to say he found another ride home, and to this day still does not ride in any of my vehicles although we are still very good friends.
KSconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Lucky.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Another horror story

My X-Friend called and asked if I could pick him up at work. I said OK and drove the 12 or so miles to get him. Of course he was not where he was supposed to be so I asked a person standing there if they knew where he was. I was told he walked across to the Jiffy Store across the street. I drove over and he was coming out with a nice Big Gulp and a sandwich. I informed him I don't allow food or any drinks at all in my car and he told me I was F---N crazy and reached for the passenger side door handle but HA! HA! it was locked. I backed out and drove home without him. He has not spoke to me since and I really don't care. He already knew I don't allow any liquids or food in my car and he was determined to get in anyway.
That was back when I had my Corvette and now I have my Mustang and still no food or drinks at all in my car.
We used to ride Harley's together and belonged to the same riding group. He left the group because when people found out why we were feuding they kind of snubbed him.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My X-Friend called and asked if I could pick him up at work. I said OK and drove the 12 or so miles to get him. Of course he was not where he was supposed to be so I asked a person standing there if they knew where he was. I was told he walked across to the Jiffy Store across the street. I drove over and he was coming out with a nice Big Gulp and a sandwich. I informed him I don't allow food or any drinks at all in my car and he told me I was F---N crazy and reached for the passenger side door handle but HA! HA! it was locked. I backed out and drove home without him. He has not spoke to me since and I really don't care. He already knew I don't allow any liquids or food in my car and he was determined to get in anyway.
Ronnie
Yeah I know how you feel. The other weekend I got a call from a friend who said she was at a bar in DC and was drunk and scared. Her friends ditched her... So of course I had to giddy up for the rescue mission. I was pissed, but what was I gonna do, tell her tough tit? So I drove down to the bar. I sat at the front of the bar and waited. She pushed the passenger seat forward and hobbled into the back seat. I didn't look at her, but then I heard plastic crinkling. SHE HAD A FULL SIZED BOX OF OREOS in her hands. Whyyyyyyyyyyy...? And howwwwwwww...?

Please note that the car is three months old. Water only. No food, no other drinks. But a full box of Oreos and a drunk girl in the back seat. Thankfully none of the cream got on the seats. But there were little chocolate crumbs everywhere.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't even allow water in my car

Water can do a lot of damage if spilled onto that wiring on the passenger side of the car. Spill it on the carpet and it smells moldy forever. I also don't allow any overly perfumed female ( Or Males) in my car due to I have lung problems and the stink really gets to me bad.

I do let my dog ride with me though.

Ronnie
Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Water can do a lot of damage if spilled onto that wiring on the passenger side of the car. Spill it on the carpet and it smells moldy forever. I also don't allow any overly perfumed female ( Or Males) in my car due to I have lung problems and the stink really gets to me bad.

I do let my dog ride with me though.

Ronnie
Nice! hahaha I have rubber mats and a manual passenger seat so I hope there isn't too much wiring to worry about. Unless they're spilling water on the dash or something, which I hope wouldn't happen!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Tell me about it. A guy parked next to my car got out and I watched him from a distance hit my car. The lady that was with him said "you just hit that girls car!!" And he said "oh well" needless to say I walked over there and said "what's going on" he had no idea I saw him and he immediately said "oh did I hit your car?"
Smh I can't stand ignorant people.
South3rnBeLLe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Get away from my car...

Drove some of my friends to the store a 2 weeks ago, one was drunk........ Never again will I drive them again. No respect for the car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Back when I was going to college I would always try to park as far away from other cars as possible. The parking lot was a war zone to say the least. As you can see I parked a mile away from all other cars in the lot. To my amazement I came out of class to see a car parked right next to my green Plymouth in a completely empty lot And best of all he parked on the drivers side so I still had struggle to get into my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0019.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	142414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0020.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	142415  

Charlesph55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Hell, my wife still hasn't learned to open the door carefully and we've had the car over a year and a half. I still freak out everytime she throws the door open. I usually just end up finding the end parking space and pulling (or backing) into it so that theres no way for anyone to be on her side of the car. gas stations are fun though -.-

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Common sense is not common or cheap. You get out of a car in a parking lot and you open slowly. If you can't follow that simple rule you need to gtfo. Hopefully she felt bad enough to ... compensate you later on.

I once had a woman at the post office bang into my car door about 5 or 6 times with me in it before I was able to roll the window down and say something. She was mortified, got back in her car and sped right out of there... wtf... it was my beater and I doubt there was damage I cared about (there wasn't) but seriously... like... ugh... Kill all humans...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesph55 View Post
Back when I was going to college I would always try to park as far away from other cars as possible. The parking lot was a war zone to say the least. As you can see I parked a mile away from all other cars in the lot. To my amazement I came out of class to see a car parked right next to my green Plymouth in a completely empty lot And best of all he parked on the drivers side so I still had struggle to get into my car.
carry a valve stem remover in your car, next time some one intentionally parks right up against your door in the middle of no where, since they are just doing it to be a prick, unscrew a valve stem core and deflate a tire for them. maybe not quite all the way so they can drive to a filling station and get it refilled.
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Common sense is not common or cheap. You get out of a car in a parking lot and you open slowly. If you can't follow that simple rule you need to gtfo. Hopefully she felt bad enough to ... compensate you later on.

I once had a passenger in my truck getting back in from a store and a woman came running up screaming she had door dinged her car (nothing special just a late model sedan), the passenger was certain she hadn't, I looked and didn't see anything,(that I was sure was from my truck doors but there were others scratches on the car. I told the lady I was sorry and offered her 20.00 (figured she could get it washed) she started screaming at me that 20.00 bucks wasn't ****, so I said ok we can call the cops if you would like, when she just kept screaming about it, but didn't want the cops involved or the 20.00 I finally just left her standing there screaming.
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlb View Post
I once had a passenger in my truck getting back in from a store and a woman came running up screaming she had door dinged her car (nothing special just a late model sedan), the passenger was certain she hadn't, I looked and didn't see anything,(that I was sure was from my truck doors but there were others scratches on the car. I told the lady I was sorry and offered her 20.00 (figured she could get it washed) she started screaming at me that 20.00 bucks wasn't ****, so I said ok we can call the cops if you would like, when she just kept screaming about it, but didn't want the cops involved or the 20.00 I finally just left her standing there screaming.
Gotta love them stupid *****es.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Common sense is not common or cheap. You get out of a car in a parking lot and you open slowly. If you can't follow that simple rule you need to gtfo. Hopefully she felt bad enough to ... compensate you later on. I once had a woman at the post office bang into my car door about 5 or 6 times with me in it before I was able to roll the window down and say something. She was mortified, got back in her car and sped right out of there... wtf... it was my beater and I doubt there was damage I cared about (there wasn't) but seriously... like... ugh... Kill all humans...
Lol reminds me of when I was sitting in my 85 Vic and some dumbass kept pushing his door into mine, decent looking charger. I had enough and threw my door into his and just looked at him like "doesn't feel too good does it".
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I went to the store with my wife a little while back and I parked in a space no one around. So then an old guy parks his pos van next to my car. He opens his door. ( mind you, I have 5% tint so can't see inside) the guys hits my door with his. He starts walking away like nothing I get out of the car and I said hey man! Come back here! You hit my f****** door. He must jumped a 100 feet. He walk back with head down and told me he was sorry and there was also no damage. I told him just to be more careful and that was it. My wife tells me that that you scared the crap out of the guy! he thought that you were going to fight him cuz he wouldn't even look you in the eye lol.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My wife tells me I took this to a place t didn't have to go. So I'm walking out of the hospital to my car, and I see a kid and no adult by my car. So this little terrorist starts running his grimy little paws up and down my car. I'm a drill sergeant so maybe when I yell it's louder then I think it is. So I yell at the little scoundrel to pretty much stop touching my car. Mind you no cursing. So the kid stops and here comes the water works. So of course dad pops up out of no where and is not pleased. All In all his car is scratched and looks like there's a months worth of mcdonalds in the car. So I explain that I care about my things that's why they look nice. He actually ended up apologizing. I think he have in cause he realized his kid shouldn't have been unsupervised in a parking lot lol.
bgodfrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

^ Yeah if he gets mad and threatens anything you go "ok I'll call the police for you to file a complaint and you can tell them why your kid was unsupervised in a parking lot".

I'm probably a little too hard on my kid sometimes because I WILL NOT have her turn out into one of these little sihts that has 0 regard for anything or anyone because mommy/daddy/whoever is not a good enough parent to discipline them.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ Yeah if he gets mad and threatens anything you go "ok I'll call the police for you to file a complaint and you can tell them why your kid was unsupervised in a parking lot".

I'm probably a little too hard on my kid sometimes because I WILL NOT have her turn out into one of these little sihts that has 0 regard for anything or anyone because mommy/daddy/whoever is not a good enough parent to discipline them.

I completely agree when I grew up there were standards. I think we are to easy on kids these days. Unfortunately a lot bases have bad kids running around it unsupervised these days.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Unfortunately a LOT of parents rely on the TV/computer/whatever to raise their kids these days. One guy I used to work with literally said to me "give em a gameboy when they are 5 and they raise themselves". Like... uh no... YOU raise your kid or they're going to wind up being another one of these entitled leech people who think they deserve everything without having to work for it.

And I think thats half the reason why adults these days do the sort of stuff like what this topic is originally about. Nobody ever really disciplined them when they were younger so its like "wait there are consequences?". Whatever the situation winds up being it is pretty funny when someone who obviously had 0 boundaries as a kid learns the hard way as an adult that other people will not tolerate their siht.

edit: Just saw that this happened on base. I've honestly found that there is less crap tolerated by military parents but YMMV. If the other guy was active and there was damage to your car at least you'd have recourse without getting any insurance involved. Go talk to the supervisor and escalate from there.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'm 19, and I've worked hard for my cars.

Everyone knows they are my prized possessions, and ill bring the car home and it'll have a water spot, so I'm about to go grab my quick detail spray and a microfiber wash cloth.
Well my mom sees the spot comes up and licks her finger and wipes it off, and I lost it.
Like mom, please please please, don't ever touch my car again. Like ever.
You could scratch my paint that way, and I don't wanna pay to have it professionally buffed right now.

Now my whole family won't even touch it. They love the car, they just won't touch it.

Like when people are talking with me near my car and I see them going to lean back on it I freak out.
That's how my last car got scratched the hell up, we're people's pocket buttons.

Just don't mess with or touch other people's stuff with out permission.

Simple as that.

Doesn't matter what it cost. It's theirs not yours.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm the same way with my son, I refuse to raise a self entitled worthless little **** who things everything should be handed to him. The world has enough of those already. I think part of it is they kids now-a-days need to be spanked more, lol. Far too many people are terified that its going to "traumatize" the children. IT SHOULD, they should NEVER want to do what got them spanked in the first place. Mind you i'm talking about SPANKING, not to be confused with beating the child. I'm only 24, I got spanked when I was a child, I'm not traumatized by it and I know right from wrong. I've heard stories from my mom where she did something and got caught by someone else (not family or friend, just a random person) and was spanked by them, taken to here parents and then spanked by her mom and then her dad as well. I believe thats how it should be again, i firmly belive the old saying "it takes a village to raise a child"

Sorry to jack the thread, Back on topic:

I try to park near other cars that look as nice or nicer (looks or expensive wise) in the hopes that they will try not to ding the doors.

LCMC Member
Old 12-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
I rode with a good friend of mine to the track last summer in his 01 cobra and another one of his buddies, I know him and he's ok, rode with us. On the way home the other guy went to light up a cigarette and my buddy told him no because he didn't want any burn marks in his car. The dude lit it up anyway and my buddy pulled over, yanked him out and took off without him about 40 miles from home lol. I thought it was hilarious because he smokes in the car all the time, but it is his car.
87fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #25
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Excellent Yes-Yes_Yes

Quote:
I rode with a good friend of mine to the track last summer in his 01 cobra and another one of his buddies, I know him and he's ok, rode with us. On the way home the other guy went to light up a cigarette and my buddy told him no because he didn't want any burn marks in his car. The dude lit it up anyway and my buddy pulled over, yanked him out and took off without him about 40 miles from home lol. I thought it was hilarious because he smokes in the car all the time, but it is his car.
Your friend really did the right thing. I can't say "YES" enough.

Ronnie
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
[QUOTEI rode with a good friend of mine to the track last summer in his 01 cobra and another one of his buddies, I know him and he's ok, rode with us. On the way home the other guy went to light up a cigarette and my buddy told him no because he didn't want any burn marks in his car. The dude lit it up anyway and my buddy pulled over, yanked him out and took off without him about 40 miles from home lol. I thought it was hilarious because he smokes in the car all the time, but it is his car.]

Your friend really did the right thing. I can't say "YES" enough.

Ronnie[/QUOTE]

I don't let people smoke by my car even lol
Old 12-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87fiveoh View Post

Doesn't matter lol. It's his car and he makes the rules. And only he is exempt.

HID end all thread
Old 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Some guy was leaning on my car on and off at a car meet. I was about 15 feet away and the next time he was going to lean on it I planned to hit the panic button on my key fob. He walked away before I got the chance.

HID end all thread
Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
You're gonna love this one.

I had a final exam on campus today. I told a friend that I'd pick her up at her apartment before the exam and we could drive to the exam together. She loves riding in my car () so of course she agreed. Well when we got to my parking lot on campus (I rent a house off-campus, so I have to drive there), most of the spots were taken. I try to park far from other cars, but today there was no way to avoid it. I backed in right beside another SN197. Before I could even think, the girl in my passenger seat swings her door wide open........knocking it into the Mustang I parked next to.

I didn't want to go to jail, so I decided not to kill her. However, I did piss my pants when I heard and felt the thump. I walked over as she apologized and apologized again and again. Turns out my door didn't have a mark on it at all. The legend lime V6 I parked next to had a nice little white mark on the door just forward of the door handle. All it took was for me to wipe it off with my finger, thank the Mustang gods. No dent whatsoever, no scratch, so I didn't leave a note or anything. But I did make my passenger feel as bad as I possibly could. Good thing she was as attractive as she was, otherwise I might be telling you this story from behind bars.

All in all, the message of the story is, make sure your passengers know how to carefully open doors in tight parking spaces. If they don't know how, tell them that there's plenty of room in the trunk.
I have this struggle with my beloved Wifey. She grew up on a farm, driving crap vehicles. When it comes to being careful about my GT's paint, or of taking care of my F-150, it just never occurs to her. Drives me nuts, but on her part, it's not malicious. She simply doesn't get it.

I grounded her from driving the Mustang after I put brand-new wheels/tires on it, and she parallel-parked too close to the curb, and scuffed the edge of my new wheel.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The discrepancy stems from the fact that when I walk out the door in the morning I see a 3400 lb. baby. Other people walk out of the door in the morning and see their ticket from A to B. It's just impossible for people to understand. To people like you and I, our cars aren't just cars, they're extensions of ourselves essentially. When someone does something that disrespects the work I put into making the car look like it just rolled off the assembly line is fundamentally disrespecting me.

Look, accidents happen. She opened the door too widely and it dinged a car. Okay, we're all human, no one needs to throw a tantrum over a legitimate accident since raising your blood pressure ain't gonna fix it. But doing things like smoking and eating...just no... That's not an accident, my friend, that is ignorance.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

The accidents i get, i dont get pissed about them, but when i look at my wife and ask her to be carefull opening the door and she basically responds with a whatever, thats when i get irritated

LCMC Member
Old 12-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Okay I see where you're coming from. But I'm sure most of our wife's and girlfriends understand our love for our cars. Even if I was driving a POS and someone else's car I would he sure not to mess it up

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote:
The discrepancy stems from the fact that when I walk out the door in the morning I see a 3400 lb. baby. Other people walk out of the door in the morning and see their ticket from A to B. It's just impossible for people to understand. To people like you and I, our cars aren't just cars, they're extensions of ourselves essentially. When someone does something that disrespects the work I put into making the car look like it just rolled off the assembly line is fundamentally disrespecting me.

Look, accidents happen. She opened the door too widely and it dinged a car. Okay, we're all human, no one needs to throw a tantrum over a legitimate accident since raising your blood pressure ain't gonna fix it. But doing things like smoking and eating...just no... That's not an accident, my friend, that is ignorance.

Bro in my opinion she just does that cause she wants to know she is more important then the car. Just indulge her and she probably won't do that again.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Yeah I know how you feel. The other weekend I got a call from a friend who said she was at a bar in DC and was drunk and scared. Her friends ditched her... So of course I had to giddy up for the rescue mission. I was pissed, but what was I gonna do, tell her tough tit? So I drove down to the bar. I sat at the front of the bar and waited. She pushed the passenger seat forward and hobbled into the back seat. I didn't look at her, but then I heard plastic crinkling. SHE HAD A FULL SIZED BOX OF OREOS in her hands. Whyyyyyyyyyyy...? And howwwwwwww...?

Please note that the car is three months old. Water only. No food, no other drinks. But a full box of Oreos and a drunk girl in the back seat. Thankfully none of the cream got on the seats. But there were little chocolate crumbs everywhere.

Brave man, brave! The Oreos would have been the least of my worries. The smell of vomit takes a professional cleaner to get out of your car. Ask me, I know. And yes we are still dating. Lol.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Rule #1 Food and drink is only allowed if it has a cap or a lid, or is me and my best friend when we get our Starbucks Frappaccinos.

Rule #2 You respect the car or you walk

Rule #3 You compliment the car or you walk

Rule #4 We can listen to music and look badass in the car, but no trying to dance inside the car (yes this happened in the truck and my friend broke my cupholder)

Rule #5 Show common sense or you walk

Rule #6 Follow all above rules.... or you walk.

HID end all thread
Old 12-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Soccerluvr4

Quote:
Rule #1 Food and drink is only allowed if it has a cap or a lid, or is me and my best friend when we get our Starbucks Frappaccinos.
I really hope you do not think the top on a cup of coffee or soft drink will stop the liquid from coming out if the drink is dropped. The top is the first thing off of the cup.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion