Leery Of 05 GT? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
I really want the ford sync and the button on the steering wheel, but that **** isn't worth 3-5k extra IMO. The GT has more tq and is faster anyways. Man I loved hooking up my phone to Bluetooth tho, and calling my parents from the car lol.
Just get a good headunit that does bluetooth or even one that has a headset jack and run a wire behind the dash that hooks into a dock. This is the setup I have on my phone right now in the 98. Dock is on the windshield, 1 wire coming up from behind for power/audio and throw the HU in aux and done. Calls right from the car without paying $5k for the Ford stuff.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I really want the ford sync and the button on the steering wheel, but that **** isn't worth 3-5k extra IMO. The GT has more tq and is faster anyways. Man I loved hooking up my phone to Bluetooth tho, and calling my parents from the car lol.
The '05 GT, according to online 0-60 times, is .2 seconds slower than the 2012+ V6.

And Sync is a $1,300 option, not $5K! I purchased my 2014 with Sync and love it. Wanna play your music from your phone? No problem, just tell Sync to play Bluetooth Audio and it will play automatically. If you plug your phone it by USB it'll even show the artist/song on the 2-color screen. And being able to call over the car's speakers via the steering wheel buttons is great because I live in MD and non-hands-free cell phone use is illegal. Definitely worth the extra few dollars a month.
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
The '05 GT, according to online 0-60 times, is .2 seconds slower than the 2012+ V6. And Sync is a $1,300 option, not $5K! I purchased my 2014 with Sync and love it. Wanna play your music from your phone? No problem, just tell Sync to play Bluetooth Audio and it will play automatically. If you plug your phone it by USB it'll even show the artist/song on the 2-color screen. And being able to call over the car's speakers via the steering wheel buttons is great because I live in MD and non-hands-free cell phone use is illegal. Definitely worth the extra few dollars a month.
I don't really know how, when the GT has 40 more tq and only 5 less hp, but whatever. I do agree, the ford sync and hands free Commands are amazing, and my absolute dream. But 16k is like 100 bucks a month more than the 12-14k. I am torn between goodies inside, and a cheaper payment/v8 sound. It sucks.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
What does a 3v run with full bolt ons minus cams/heAds or a new intake manifold? Fastest n/a 3.7 runs 12.59-12.6@108-109 mph. My car ran a 8.6@84 mph in the 1/8th with only shorty headers/tune/intake.
I've hit 12.3 with LTs,/intake/tune
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
I've hit 12.3 with LTs,/intake/tune
Really? Most 3v gt's I've seen run high 12's with way more mods than that.

This is one example of many, with more mods than you listed. Way more. Running similar times and trap speeds to the 3.7. DA can play a factor to. If you ran in -800 DA that can explain a lot.

my 8.6@84 mph 1/8th mile with a 2.3 60" is better than most 3v gt's I've seen run, at Irwindale and online. But they are very equal in performance.

To answer why the 3.7 can keep up with the old gt even with less torque; gearing and high redline. With a proper tune the 3.7 can rev to 7500 rpm, with 3.31 or higher gears it's always in the powerband.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Driver mod
Torchredfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchredfrankie View Post
Driver mod
This and just the torque of the 3V is going to help you win a lot more races plus it is going to be more responsive to bolt ons. Don't get me wrong, the new 3.7L is awesome and a lot faster than ppl think. IMO if you want the new body style and can't afford a 5.0 and can't find a 2010 3V that someone isn't clinging to KBB value on there is nothing wrong with the V6.

But at any rate this 05 that the OP posted really was a deal and a half and hopefully whoever got it will enjoy the hell out of it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't really know how, when the GT has 40 more tq and only 5 less hp, but whatever. I do agree, the ford sync and hands free Commands are amazing, and my absolute dream. But 16k is like 100 bucks a month more than the 12-14k. I am torn between goodies inside, and a cheaper payment/v8 sound. It sucks.
My guess is that that big ol' heavy 4.6 weighs the GT down more than the aluminum 3.7.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Can't find the weight of the V6 but the 3V only clocks in at 420lbs. Not all that much when you consider the more compact pushrods actually weigh more.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My guess is that that big ol' heavy 4.6 weighs the GT down more than the aluminum 3.7.
I want this car, but the price is a little stout for my taste especially for 50k miles.

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium CPO Wichita Falls, Texas | Wichita Falls Ford Lincoln

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I want this car, but the price is a little stout for my taste especially for 50k miles.

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium CPO Wichita Falls, Texas | Wichita Falls Ford Lincoln
That's about what they are worth. I think the 05 you posted was a much better deal but you have to remember this car is 6 years newer, you can still probably get a warranty for it and performance is similar. Plus if it has all the SYNC stuff that is also a plus.

I'd probably try to find another earlier 3V at a similar price/condition if it was me but that's me, I'd rather have the 4.6L than the 3.7L.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's about what they are worth. I think the 05 you posted was a much better deal but you have to remember this car is 6 years newer, you can still probably get a warranty for it and performance is similar. Plus if it has all the SYNC stuff that is also a plus.

I'd probably try to find another earlier 3V at a similar price/condition if it was me but that's me, I'd rather have the 4.6L than the 3.7L.
See my personal self, I don't mind the 3.7, and I LOVE the Ford Sync and stuff.. A v8 sound would be nice though. The only thing holding me back from the 3.7's are price, or I would grab one immediately

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Can't find the weight of the V6 but the 3V only clocks in at 420lbs. Not all that much when you consider the more compact pushrods actually weigh more.
I read that the 3.7 weighs 1.2 lbs per horsepower so roughly 360 lbs? That 60 lbs might give it some edge, who knows?

Anyways, I'd say, if the price is really putting you in a bind, the GT is not a bad choice. But my first choice would be the V6 for reasons of the warranty and amenities. A friend of mine owns an '08 GT and I own a '14 V6. It's pretty remarkable how different the cars are. I like the interior quality/ride/steering feel of the '14 much more, but then who's to argue with that V8 soundtrack? Either way, I'd say you can't go wrong. Just a matter of $$$.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
See my personal self, I don't mind the 3.7, and I LOVE the Ford Sync and stuff.. A v8 sound would be nice though. The only thing holding me back from the 3.7's are price, or I would grab one immediately
Get the V8 the 3v 4.6 is a good motor very reliable some have clocked over 300 k miles on them with that being said a 4.6 with a SUPERCHARGER is a beast mine with my e-force/competition air intake kit and 3.5 pulley /kenne bell boost a pump runs 560+ Hp and will eat up 5.0's for lunch and nothing sounds as nice as a V8 NOTHING. And you can have all that cheaper than a 2011 V6 think about it.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Get the V8 the 3v 4.6 is a good motor very reliable some have clocked over 300 k miles on them with that being said a 4.6 with a SUPERCHARGER is a beast mine with my e-force/competition air intake kit and 3.5 pulley /kenne bell boost a pump runs 560+ Hp and will eat up 5.0's for lunch and nothing sounds as nice as a V8 NOTHING. And you can have all that cheaper than a 2011 V6 think about it.
Trust me, I've weighed my options heavily, and it's left me pretty torn. I mean don't get me wrong I love a fun ride, but I'm not looking to take my car to the track. The only thing the v8 has going for it in my mind, is the sound and price. V6 beats it in any other area, for me at least. I put light bolt ons, nothing too serious. I am in love with the v6's interior and goodies the inside has.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
I read that the 3.7 weighs 1.2 lbs per horsepower so roughly 360 lbs? That 60 lbs might give it some edge, who knows? Anyways, I'd say, if the price is really putting you in a bind, the GT is not a bad choice. But my first choice would be the V6 for reasons of the warranty and amenities. A friend of mine owns an '08 GT and I own a '14 V6. It's pretty remarkable how different the cars are. I like the interior quality/ride/steering feel of the '14 much more, but then who's to argue with that V8 soundtrack? Either way, I'd say you can't go wrong. Just a matter of $$$.
The price isn't a huge deal, I just get cold feet and the higher the payments the colder my feet get. As is I am putting 800$ into savings every month for the car, so either payment can be done. I just wish the 11's would come down a bit in price.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sounds like to many problems with it. Walk away and you will find another.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Trust me, I've weighed my options heavily, and it's left me pretty torn. I mean don't get me wrong I love a fun ride, but I'm not looking to take my car to the track. The only thing the v8 has going for it in my mind, is the sound and price. V6 beats it in any other area, for me at least. I put light bolt ons, nothing too serious. I am in love with the v6's interior and goodies the inside has.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

The price isn't a huge deal, I just get cold feet and the higher the payments the colder my feet get. As is I am putting 800$ into savings every month for the car, so either payment can be done. I just wish the 11's would come down a bit in price.
Oh then easy, the V6, in my opinion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion