STOLEN 70 mustang coupe TEXAS HELP!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
STOLEN 70 mustang coupe TEXAS HELP!!

Hello, never posted here before but I frequent here a lot and know it's a good community i'm hoping someone here may have seen something regarding my 1970 Mustang Coupe candy blue with silver stripes that was STOLEN yesterday 5:10am CST from Treasure chest storage in cedar creek, texas.

Security camera shows it being towed away by a late 80's early 90's chevy van.

It's been my project since I was 13 and is very sentimental to me.

Things that may stick out:

Billet grille
Big block 460 ford
Poly-V belt setup
Victor intake with EFI Bungs
Mustang II front suspension
Iron dove heads
Dual sump oil pan
candy blue with silver stripes
Fuel tank has a sump
Year One gauge bezel -autometer gauges

Please, please, PLEASE!! forward this to others and keep a look out! I can be reached at 512 281 6588 or jwirtz@live.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.JPG
Views:	775
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	142716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	142717  

Name:	IMG_0545.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	142718  
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Terribly sorry to hear this mate! I hope you find the bastard and reclaim your wheels man! Best of luck! Let's spread the word guys!
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Beautiful! Guarantee you if someone were to have stolen that from me that very last thing id let them do is live to steal another car. I hope you find it!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

that sucks, beautiful car, hope they catch they bastards!!!
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

ill keep a look out in the Houston area!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'll watch the Port Lavaca & Victoria areas for ya bro! I had a 1983 Caprice stolen in Houston and never found myself!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Not able to pull plates off the van? I'm not near TX or I'd keep an eye out and I know it isn't exaclty helpful to post... If you haven't already I'd at least call a lawyer to discuss possible compensation options from the storage facility for the value of the vehicle plus anything else because you can't exactly just go out and buy another one. If they won't pay out an amount you feel is appropriate go after them for everything you can get. Completely inexcusable to have something like this happen IMO.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not able to pull plates off the van? I'm not near TX or I'd keep an eye out and I know it isn't exaclty helpful to post... If you haven't already I'd at least call a lawyer to discuss possible compensation options from the storage facility for the value of the vehicle plus anything else because you can't exactly just go out and buy another one. If they won't pay out an amount you feel is appropriate go after them for everything you can get. Completely inexcusable to have something like this happen IMO.
I agree!!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also, what sort of lock did you have on the storage unit? Because the good cut proof locks require a grinder to take off which any halfwit watching a security camera should see and be like "sumfing not right...".

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmyr View Post
Hello, never posted here before but I frequent here a lot and know it's a good community
That was your 117th post specifically, and none have previously been about the car that just got stolen. Its a very nice build to have never mentioned it before. I call bs
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hmmm...
There are thieves in Texas?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Hmmm, my first thought was maybe you will get lucky and find that Chip Foose took it and you'll get her back even more beautiful than ever. Then I saw your pics and decided it doesn't need anything more. Awesome car man. Will stay on the look out for her. Hope you get her back.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
Hmmm, my first thought was maybe you will get lucky and find that Chip Foose took it and you'll get her back even more beautiful than ever. Then I saw your pics and decided it doesn't need anything more. Awesome car man. Will stay on the look out for her. Hope you get her back.
I love overhaulin!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Hello, never posted here before but I frequent here a lot and know it's a good community i'm hoping someone here may have seen something regarding my 1970 Mustang Coupe candy blue with silver stripes that was STOLEN yesterday 5:10am CST from Treasure chest storage in cedar creek, texas.

It's been my project since I was 13 and is very sentimental to me.

Things that may stick out:

Billet grille
Big block 460 ford
Poly-V belt setup
Victor intake with EFI Bungs
Mustang II front suspension
Iron dove heads
Dual sump oil pan
candy blue with silver stripes
Fuel tank has a sump
Year One gauge bezel -autometer gauges

Please, please, PLEASE!! forward this to others and keep a look out! I can be reached at 512 281 6588 or jwirtz@live.com
Which L.E. Agency did you file your stolen auto report with? Did you ask them to notify CBP? Straight shot down to Laredo and into Mexico and somewhere across the world she goes.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Horrible just horrible to here! All the best and hope you find it in great shape and this idiot gets what he deserves
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Wait can't you shoot to protect property in Texas? Pretty bold for someone to be that blatant in a state that would allow that. We need castle laws like that in more places but seeing as it was not at your residence it wouldn't have mattered.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So sorry to here that, it's a beautiful ride and I'll be on the lookout for it in the Tyler Tx area, and also on craigslist if he's dumb enough to try to sell it there
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

That was your 117th post specifically, and none have previously been about the car that just got stolen. Its a very nice build to have never mentioned it before. I call bs
Its my friends older brothers car who I'm trying to help out, so shove that bs up your ***
Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, I know exactly where that storage is next to Benny Boyd on 71. That sucks bigtime. Hopefully it is someone in your family giving you a Christmas surprise, but if you went through with contacting police and such, I am guessing it has really been stolen. I will keep and eye on Craigs list. I would suspect someone is wanting to part it out. I cant imagine if the '65 my son and I built for his first car was stolen. Makes me sick to think what you are going through.
Keep us updated.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its my friends older brothers car who I'm trying to help out, so shove that bs up your ***
Hello, never posted here before but I frequent here a lot and know it's a good community i'm hoping someone here may have seen something regarding MY 1970 Mustang Coupe candy blue with silver stripes that was STOLEN yesterday 5:10am CST from Treasure chest storage in cedar creek, texas.

It's been MY project since I was 13 and is very sentimental to me.

Lots of MY'S) in there.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

NewMtang, I am here in ATX and will def be keeping my eye out for it or even parts of it. That sucks big time. Wishing you the best in locating it.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Hello, never posted here before but I frequent here a lot and know it's a good community i'm hoping someone here may have seen something regarding MY 1970 Mustang Coupe candy blue with silver stripes that was STOLEN yesterday 5:10am CST from Treasure chest storage in cedar creek, texas.

It's been MY project since I was 13 and is very sentimental to me.

Lots of MY'S) in there.
True but his friend might have typed it in on his account. Who knows but either way I'll be on the lookout for it.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltripdaytona View Post
True but his friend might have typed it in on his account. Who knows but either way I'll be on the lookout for it.
That car wont be seen again, at least not in this country. It's in Mexico awaiting shipment to another country.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok. Your original post wasn't exactly truthful then anyway, so I wasn't really wrong. That being said, I hope you guys recover the car
Old 12-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Wow arguing semantics... who the fcuk cares if its actually HIS or his buddy's? If I was in the area I'd be on the lookout for it either way. Find something better to do with your time.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Wow arguing semantics... who the fcuk cares if its actually HIS or his buddy's? If I was in the area I'd be on the lookout for it either way. Find something better to do with your time.
Hope you don't get punished for your language...mods are really cracking down

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

problem is it was the ops car, now it seems its someone else's, so if that is in question so is the rest of the info, was it stolen, or was it really a repo or maybe taken by a spouse in a divorce, or is this some revenge thing of wanting someone to get jacked up by the police?? kind of makes one not want to get involved.

with key details such as whose car is it, changing, If I saw the car I am not sure I would feel comfortable in calling the cops on it not knowing whose car it is or if it is truly stolen at this point.
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have very little free time sir. Thank you for your advice though

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlb View Post
problem is it was the ops car, now it seems its someone else's, so if that is in question so is the rest of the info, was it stolen, or was it really a repo or maybe taken by a spouse in a divorce, or is this some revenge thing of wanting someone to get jacked up by the police?? kind of makes one not want to get involved.

with key details such as whose car is it, changing, If I saw the car I am not sure I would feel comfortable in calling the cops on it not knowing whose car it is or if it is truly stolen at this point.
Exactly. Why not just put " Hey. This is my buddy's stang that was stolen out of a storage unit just last night."
Old 12-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
xxPIKExx I think you're going too far. Yeah, it would be logical to say what you previously suggested, but I'm sure the owner the stolen Mustang could care less if the odd member out calls his stolen notice ad fake. He probably just wanted to get it out everywhere he could and he has already succeeded here (there's at least one person in this thread willing to help).

I'd rather help a fellow Mustang'er than doubt him with very little evidence to suspect him of something.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
xxPIKExx I think you're going too far. Yeah, it would be logical to say what you previously suggested, but I'm sure the owner the stolen Mustang could care less if the odd member out calls his stolen notice ad fake. He probably just wanted to get it out everywhere he could and he has already succeeded here (there's at least one person in this thread willing to help).

I'd rather help a fellow Mustang'er than doubt him with very little evidence to suspect him of something.
Agreed, if I see a "stolen" ad local to me and I see the car in question I'm going to pull over, get on tapatalk/autoguide/forum app and PM the poster with the date/time/location etc... and also post in whatever thread it was. Not my business if its some divorce dispute, maybe the ***** did steal it. Happened to a guy I went to tech school with. Caught his wife cheating, threw her out, next day one of the cars (both in his name) and a bunch of stuff from the house were gone and she was back in Michigan (from DE) a few days later. Couldn't report it stolen because they were still married and it was "her" car... Guy was a loser though, was actually kinda funny when we all found out.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well the good thing about all of this controversy over who owns it and what have you ,is that the stolen Mustang is getting lots of exposure on this forum.
There's a phone number in the first post, maybe someone should call it and find out WTH is up with all of the inconsistencies with the OP's posts.

Sent from an old tin can and a piece of string using the Mustang Evolution app

straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: car has been found. The person who stole it just took out the seats and a few items inside the car, some trim pieces, and banged up the exhaust a bit but other than that it is in tact and mostly unharmed. I appreciate everyone who was on the lookout for my friends older brothers car, and to clear up confusion, I let him log on and post the original post to help him get the word out, hoping I could trust all the fellow Mustang owners on this site I fully trust. If you google the same title, the same posting is on multiple forums. I'm highly disappointed with the doubters who responded and appreciate those who backed me up. I didn't think I would need to go too in depth since I took most of yall to be pretty smart. So, if yall have any more doubts, why don't yall non-believers question more of my information so I can prove yall to be ignorant once again.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That's great to hear (that the car was found relatively unscathed). Did he still have all the parts that had been taken out? Or had he already disposed of them.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

They found the car but the guy had dumped it. So they havent found who stole it yet
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #35

Didn't know all this was going on here. This is my car. Thanks matt for letting me use your account. I wrote the post from my perspective. Now that we have finished that. Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out for my car! I'm really glad I got it back and it's not chopped or in Mexico.

They were planning to keep it. The thief started to customize, very poorly, my car. They caused a good deal of damage. Interior is pretty much shot. ENTIRE wiring harness is mauled, front valence smashed in. Missing distributor, coil, gauges, cluster, and a lot of random parts. The funniest thing is the custom stereo setup they were installing. The enclosure is made from old laminate shelving glued together with bathroom caulk. Good news is even though they tried to lysol the interior there's a large handprint on the laminate side and fingerprints on the caulk tube. Hopefully we can find who is responsible. I will keep you all updated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0686.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	144391   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	144392  

Name:	IMG_0688.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	144393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0689.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	144394  

Name:	IMG_06822.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	144395  
gijake2021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
texas