First mod help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
First mod help

Alright I'm in the spot right now with about 500$ to put into my 2013. I just can't decide what to get or what assortment of things to get. Should I go appearance or performance. I was looking into a tuner but that would basically eat my entire budget. Still an option though. Opinions anyone? And since I'm not in on the forum discount secret on AM don't factor that in. I'm not cool enough to have that yet I guess lol.
Tvan121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Its not hard to get 50 posts for the discount code. In my opinion every bit helps. If it where me I'd buy a CAI/tuner combo. If you want more appearance based then I'd say maybe some nice window louvers & or a grille
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I've been trying to get to 50. But I'm not one to try and bs a bunch of pointless posts to get there. And do you know of a tuner Cai combo for under 500? I've only seen like 600+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Tuner/cai is always good to start with.
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvan121 View Post
I've been trying to get to 50. But I'm not one to try and bs a bunch of pointless posts to get there. And do you know of a tuner Cai combo for under 500? I've only seen like 600+

Not specifically. I'd have to look but if you could save till you had the total then the CAI/tune is gonna be totally worth it
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Depends, do you mind if you void your warranty? If so, I'd just save for a CAI and tuner combo (wish I just bought the combo and not one at a time lol) and besides, if you continue modding, you're going to need to retune your car for the new mods, well at least you should lol. Now if you don't want to void your warranty, I'd just start with a CAI, not really much performance gains, but it looks good under the hood and sounds great.

Hope this helps!
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Either go big or go home lol

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...ad-h-pipe.html

http://www.morepowertuning.com/sf3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
Depends, do you mind if you void your warranty? If so, I'd just save for a CAI and tuner combo (wish I just bought the combo and not one at a time lol) and besides, if you continue modding, you're going to need to retune your car for the new mods, well at least you should lol. Now if you don't want to void your warranty, I'd just start with a CAI, not really much performance gains, but it looks good under the hood and sounds great.

Hope this helps!
Tunes wont void the warranty. Why does everyone assume this? They have to prove that whatever mod specifically caused whatever issue u have with ur car when u go in for warranty work. I take my full bolt on 3.7 and my modded 5.0 to ford for maintenance and warranty work when need be and I make sure my warranty is intact when I leave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

First mod help

Lol I bought as is no warranty so that's already out the window. I'm deff saving up for a tuner combo then going to the other breathing end and going long tubes and probably ataks. Unless there's something out here that gives a good throaty sound and better performance. Probably between those two I'll get a new throttle body as well. Then slowwwwwwwly work my way inside the engine. But. That's a long time from now lol. And hopefully a deployment or two will occur between now and then for me to get some extra bucks.

Question. If you go catless.... What do you do with your o2 sensors? How do you even go catless without error codes galore

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion