California Grill - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
California Grill

Does anyone know or has installed the Cal Special grill to replace the std grill? Is it an easy fit and about how much is the cost in the US?

I am in Canada but going to FL in March and considering buying it there.

Appreciate any comments.
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Impact View Post
Does anyone know or has installed the Cal Special grill to replace the std grill? Is it an easy fit and about how much is the cost in the US?

I am in Canada but going to FL in March and considering buying it there.

Appreciate any comments.
If you are talking about the CS/GT grille (2010 through 2012) you will need the entire GT bumper and surround to just bolt that up to it without modding your existing setup. The V6 bumper and grill surround are one piece, and our grilles insert into the surround portion where its fastened.

The CS/GT Bumper is separate from the Surround which gets slid onto the bumper and held in with alligator type clips then the grille goes in the surround and is secured.

The grilles are not interchangeable because they mount differently.

(Side note) Some GT grilles can be somewhat modded to fit the V6 setup such as the Saleen grille if you are not afraid of using a dremel you could get it to fit over the existing V6 surround as it is a grille and surround in one solid piece.

2013 and 14s I do not know first hand if you can just swap them, I would imagine you can but do not quote me =) I assume you know this is the V6 section but I noted in your profile a 13 GT is listed. and figured because of this is why you posted it here. (13s possibly being the same.)

I did note on AMs website a number of aftermarket grilles were listed for both GT and V6 for 2013-14 models, but also noted specific GT only and V6 only model grilles listed too so I suspect there is some minor difference.

However this is what I got from a quote from Starkey products who supply aftermarker fog light conversions etc.

"EVERYTHING you need to convert your V6 or California Special fog lights to the GT-style LED fog lights
Are you interested in GT-Style fog lights for your Mustang without the hefty price associated with a GT? For the first time in years, the V6, Boss 302, and GT use the same bumper. As a result, it is no longer necessary to replace the bumper in order to install GT fog lights. Now available is a complete drop-in conversion kit utilizing OEM parts for a clean, factory GT-look."
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Just to clairify - I have a 13 V6 with std grill. An option is a California Special direct from Ford - also a V6. The pony emblem is on the drivers side of a black grill. As it is the same car with some minor options I was questioning if it could be a direct replacement.

Thanks for your info above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry correction to above - it is the CLUB OF AMERICA option grill. It is a stainless steel looking grill with the pony emblem off to the drivers side.

Thanks again.........

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
california