Critiques, compliments, advice on my stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Critiques, compliments, advice on my stang

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I introduced myself, however today I was hoping to see what you all think of my stang and what you all would do to it from here out. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but at the same time would love to here other ideas. If you guys don't like aspects of my car (or future plans) please let me know, I won't be offended in the least bit. My plan is similar to many v6's out there, and like many of you, I feel my car deserves a second glance. As I mentioned on the other thread, I'm planning on a MAC dual exhaust and MAC H-pipe/Pro-chamber (I want as deep and throaty as I can get with the 4.0), MMD classic GT350 louvers, 14in antenna, illuminated door sill plates, mirror covers, Ford Racing Boss 302 strut bar, white instrument cluster, GT rear bumper, BBK cold air intake and throttle body, BAMA tuner, chin spoiler, REAL carbon fiber interior trim, and dark purple stripes (my best description of the color would be the plum crazy purple on the challenger). Currently I have a Hurst/Ford Racing short throw shifter, Ford Racing Windo banner, sequential turn signals and SR lowering springs (haven't been installed). Sorry for those of you who read my thread yesterday as some of that info is repetitive.

Thank you all,

Aventador97
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	450.0 KB
ID:	143030  
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some additional pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388264032.142576.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	143033Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388264088.630600.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	143034Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388264112.326849.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	143035

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388264219.333040.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	143036Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388264256.087355.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	143037

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
welcome to the forums

first off, 14inch antenna, ditch it. the 8 inch looks about as perfect as an antenna can possibly look on our cars.

if your going to do purple stripes, id say to redo the rocker stripes in purple aswell.

the real carbon fiber interior....eh. if youve got over a grand to blow on something like that, go for it. i personally recommend getting it all hydrodipped. for $100 you can get enough to do just about everything in CF for the price of one part. its not like you need the extra few grams of weigh reduction. im in the process of hydrodipping my interior and it looks great.

get a different front bumper, imo, its the worst part about our cars. even the stock GT one is an upgrade.

i just noticed your rims are white.or atleast they look that way.thats pretty cool

get some seat covers or those pretty seats of yours will look like a mess in no time. trust me. seatcoversunlimited will tailor make them for $200. its most definately worth it.

and before you put those lowering springs on, you need to invest in a panhard bar aswell as some caster camber plates or your tire life will cease to exist.as well as future problems.

thats about all i can think of at this exact moment unless your eventually wanting to supercharge, turbo it.

good luck and happy modding!
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
welcome to the forums

first off, 14inch antenna, ditch it. the 8 inch looks about as perfect as an antenna can possibly look on our cars.

if your going to do purple stripes, id say to redo the rocker stripes in purple aswell.

the real carbon fiber interior....eh. if youve got over a grand to blow on something like that, go for it. i personally recommend getting it all hydrodipped. for $100 you can get enough to do just about everything in CF for the price of one part. its not like you need the extra few grams of weigh reduction. im in the process of hydrodipping my interior and it looks great.

get a different front bumper, imo, its the worst part about our cars. even the stock GT one is an upgrade.

i just noticed your rims are white.or atleast they look that way.thats pretty cool

get some seat covers or those pretty seats of yours will look like a mess in no time. trust me. seatcoversunlimited will tailor make them for $200. its most definately worth it.

and before you put those lowering springs on, you need to invest in a panhard bar aswell as some caster camber plates or your tire life will cease to exist.as well as future problems.

thats about all i can think of at this exact moment unless your eventually wanting to supercharge, turbo it.

good luck and happy modding!

Okay, I will check out the 8in antenna. I was planning on getting rid of the tape stripes when I get the purple. I forgot to mention the SR panhard bar. I will also look into the hydro dipping (could you post pics of yours when you get it done?). What will the camber plates do? Thanks again for the advice!

Old 12-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
great start looks like to me, I don't have suggestions. I like to see what people do with their cars. I did a good bit to my sixxer before I sold her.

Mustang Evolution - silverskoundrel's Album: 05 sixxer

check her out if ya wanna. cant wait to see what ya do with yours
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i can go snap a pic of my door lock surround right now. thats all ive had time to do.

the camber plates will correct the camber of your wheels when you lower it. that way your not driving on the sides of the tire.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
great start looks like to me, I don't have suggestions. I like to see what people do with their cars. I did a good bit to my sixxer before I sold her.

Mustang Evolution - silverskoundrel's Album: 05 sixxer

check her out if ya wanna. cant wait to see what ya do with yours

Thanks I will co check yours out!

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
i can go snap a pic of my door lock surround right now. thats all ive had time to do.

the camber plates will correct the camber of your wheels when you lower it. that way your not driving on the sides of the tire.

Sure that would be great, and thanks for the info.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

picture doesnt really do it justice. it doesnt look EXACTLY like true CF but for 1/10 the cost, im not gonna complain. this was also the first part i got to turn out right so yeah. if you had it professionally done, its bound to look better
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	906.8 KB
ID:	143050  
Old 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
picture doesnt really do it justice. it doesnt look EXACTLY like true CF but for 1/10 the cost, im not gonna complain. this was also the first part i got to turn out right so yeah. if you had it professionally done, its bound to look better
I wish someone close to me did that ****
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

its not really hard to do yourself. its just...annoying i guess. cause you havta hit it with just the perfect amount of activator spray to get it to turn out right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion