techron, roush, a6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
techron, roush, a6

I was very excited to try chevron techron, heard alot of great things about it. i even drove 15mins to get to one but car drove like crap right after its filled up with techron. My gt was gone, throttle was slow and hp was not there, i had to put up with it for 330miles before its time to refill. Put some mobil 1 87octane in it and the beast was back again. anyone having similar effects?

Im thinking about gettin roush ab from vmptuning website, they just lower their price again! its only 400 for it plus 20 for shipping. it will be my first mod, anyone know if i will be able to put it on if i backed up on a rihno ramps

from what im reading tuning firm up shifts and improves transmission life, how many miles can i expect from a stock auto?
winkawak is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Use a low profile car jack and jack stands. It is safer than the ramps you mentioned; no risk of driving over and of them. :/
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
AB install is super easy and ramps are safe :/ you can even install without ramps but they sure do make it easier :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The rhino ramps is pretty safe, they are rated for 16k lbs and did my first oil change on them. IMO ramps are safer than jacks, im just worry if the chin will be on the ground once i back it up on it.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I did my borlas on jack n jack stands and had absolutely no problem. Plus I'm a complete rookie when it came to changing exhaust. No hassle, no issues, and only one hour to change the ABs. Ramps aren't needed but they may help the cause a little though.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If you don't wanna spend the $100 on ramps. Just buy some 2x6 cut them and stack them and screw them up. I see people use that all the time and they normally go about 5 high.
Easy and simple.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I have never heard of this problem-"EVER"

He said:
Quote:
I was very excited to try chevron techron, heard alot of great things about it. i even drove 15mins to get to one but car drove like crap right after its filled up with techron. My gt was gone, throttle was slow and hp was not there, i had to put up with it for 330miles before its time to refill. Put some mobil 1 87octane in it and the beast was back again. anyone having similar effects?
You may have added the Techron to some bad gas to start with. Or , You say you filled the tank with Techron ! How much did that cost?? You really have me confused.

Do you mean you filled up with Chevron gas at a Chevron station? There is Techron in their gas but I don't think it was the problem. I get a bottle of Techron at Walmart and add it to my full tank of Marathon Gas to keep my injectors clean every 5,000 miles on every car I have had. Never a Problem.
I think you may have just got a crap load of gas at that station.
Ronnie

The Mufflers are easy, All you need to do is jack up one side and slide a jack stand to keep it safe. Change that side and then just jack up the other side and change that muffler. If you back up on Rhino ramps they will be more in your way then making the change easier. That is how I did mine and I'm not a great mechanic at all.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
He said:

You may have added the Techron to some bad gas to start with. Or , You say you filled the tank with Techron ! How much did that cost?? You really have me confused.

Do you mean you filled up with Chevron gas at a Chevron station? There is Techron in their gas but I don't think it was the problem. I get a bottle of Techron at Walmart and add it to my full tank of Marathon Gas to keep my injectors clean every 5,000 miles on every car I have had. Never a Problem.
I think you may have just got a crap load of gas at that station.
Ronnie

The Mufflers are easy, All you need to do is jack up one side and slide a jack stand to keep it safe. Change that side and then just jack up the other side and change that muffler. If you back up on Rhino ramps they will be more in your way then making the change easier. That is how I did mine and I'm not a great mechanic at all.
Ronnie
yea it was a chevron gas station with techron in their tank, i only had about 40mile worth of mobil 1 left so decided to try techron. i filled it up and car ran like crap right afterward. It ran like crap the whole time, dont know if their gas is polluted or what but i would not try again. It was two weeks of miserable driving experience.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
The rhino ramps is pretty safe, they are rated for 16k lbs and did my first oil change on them. IMO ramps are safer than jacks, im just worry if the chin will be on the ground once i back it up on it.

Be careful because they have no grip and can slide on you. You are better off buying better ones.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, I think it was just a bad gas experence

I know where I live there are not many Chevron stations. ( I think there is only one left) It is an older station and I don't get my gas there. I do use "TECHRON" but I just buy a bottle and add it to my gas to keep the injectors clean. I get my gas from Sam's club or BJ's which both sell Marathon in this area.
Sunoco is buying up a lot of the gas stations here and rebuilding them into fancy convenience stores.
There are more places then Chevron stations that use Techron, Texaco among some others use it as one of their additives. Marathon uses STP as one of their additives. It say's so on the pumps.
Ronnie

As far as ramps go. Buy some of the sticky rubber from Bed Bath and beyond ( comes in a roll) to put under the ramps to help them from sliding if you decide to get them. I put the rubber down and a piece of carpet on that to put the ramps on.
I have steel ramps that once the car is on them you can remove the ramps going up to the platform the tires are on. I don't know what brand they are but they are way better then the plastic Rhino's because of the remove feature and the longer ramp which is easier to drive up on.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion