Mustang in Germany? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Mustang in Germany?

So I just got orders to Ramstein, Germany. Has anyone owned a Mustang in Germany or Europe? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring it or store it at my parents'.
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
If i remember right, (not sure what branch you are in) the Air Force would ship one car with your HHG

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
If i remember right, (not sure what branch you are in) the Air Force would ship one car with your HHG

Yeah, in Air Force and they will ship it. Just curious if it's feasible fuel cost, potential repairs, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief15 View Post
Yeah, in Air Force and they will ship it. Just curious if it's feasible fuel cost, potential repairs, etc
Well, based on gas prices in Germany from December 13 2013, the cost of gasoline was at 1.50€ a litre. That is 2.05$ in US dollars for a single litre of gas. Expressed in gallons that would be 7.75$ per gallon. That is going to be considerably more expensive for you. Not to mention you would be leaving a nation that proudly boasts some of the cheapest gas prices of the world. It's going to hurt a bit, but then again since it's just a temporary posting; you get to own the coolest car in america, in the coolest country in Europe and drive on the coolest roads of the world. Why wouldn't you go for it ?
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I beliebe AM only ships to US, but getting parts wont be to much of a hassle, Gas however you may want to see how much it is over there, and just go off that. I have a buddy from another shop that is actually over there with a black skyline and he drifts. So I don't think that gas is to terribly bad.

LCMC Member
Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Well, based on gas prices in Germany from December 13 2013, the cost of gasoline was at 1.50€ a litre. That is 2.05$ in US dollars for a single litre of gas. Expressed in gallons that would be 7.75$ per gallon. That is going to be considerably more expensive for you. Not to mention you would be leaving a nation that proudly boasts some of the cheapest gas prices of the world. It's going to hurt a bit, but then again since it's just a temporary posting; you get to own the coolest car in america, in the coolest country in Europe and drive on the coolest roads of the world. Why wouldn't you go for it ?

Also, I will be paying American gas prices on base. Granted, I'd have to remove my 93 tune for an 89 tune... But small price to pay. I'm pretty sure I'll bring it. God forbid I need warranty work!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1, all I ever heard from co-workers who had been overseas with an american car said that they got A LOT more attention than the people who had cars that were from there. Most of the time they are pretty rare.

LCMC Member
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1, all I ever heard from co-workers who had been overseas with an american car said that they got A LOT more attention than the people who had cars that were from there. Most of the time they are pretty rare.

Also, Autobahn! Well that didn't take long. I think I'm sold.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I beliebe AM only ships to US, but getting parts wont be to much of a hassle, Gas however you may want to see how much it is over there, and just go off that. I have a buddy from another shop that is actually over there with a black skyline and he drifts. So I don't think that gas is to terribly bad.
American Muscle only ships to the USA and Canada. (Don't forget us ehhhh;p). That said, you're in the military and, more specially, a branch of the military that would make it really easy for you to have packages from the US delivered to you in Germany. I could be mistaken, but I know I can get these kind of things delivered to me through the military should I be stationed outside of Canada (within some measure of reason: ie shipping rather large and unkemptly items or items that are prohibited in the country that you are stationed in).

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Also, Autobahn! Well that didn't take long. I think I'm sold.
Lol right?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure it's an APO address, which is basically a U.S. Address. I don't think AM or anyone else would distinguish as anything different than a U.S. Address.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yeah take it. You will regret it if you don't. You will also get a lot of looks with it.
bgodfrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgodfrey8 View Post
Yeah take it. You will regret it if you don't. You will also get a lot of looks with it.

+1
Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
American Muscle only ships to the USA and Canada. (Don't forget us ehhhh;p). That said, you're in the military and, more specially, a branch of the military that would make it really easy for you to have packages from the US delivered to you in Germany. I could be mistaken, but I know I can get these kind of things delivered to me through the military should I be stationed outside of Canada (within some measure of reason: ie shipping rather large and unkemptly items or items that are prohibited in the country that you are stationed in).

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Lol right?

Don't forget Puerto Rico!!! I'm being serious lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Don't forget Puerto Rico!!! I'm being serious lol
Yes, american muscle ships to all states and districts. I realize this is distinctly important as most stores operating within the US choose to only ship to the continental US.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, The apo address is actually an address in California then gets forwarded , I forgot about that

Sent from my mobile device.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Rammstein is APO AE

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well being I have been to a lot of countries and Germany is my favorite if your playing sports or in the Service it's always good to have your toys, not only that but the autobahn is the best roads in the For that American muscle and if your single you know how much **** you gonna get? The downs are the roads are closer and the body is gonna seem big when you not in the country sides but I say go for it, their are a few Germans I know older men who have retired and they buy those cars old school muscle and any type of good American muscle and u will see them riding around every so often it depends on where u are in Germany go show that Muscle off bro!...
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Yea, The apo address is actually an address in California then gets forwarded , I forgot about that

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Rammstein is APO AE

Taken From American Muscle:

We ship via UPS Ground and/or USPS to all locations in the Continental 48 States absolutely FREE regardless of weight or size.

Shipping to APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands is an additional charge.

That doesn't say anything other APOs. You should check with AM. It may cost a boat load of money.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Taken From American Muscle:

We ship via UPS Ground and/or USPS to all locations in the Continental 48 States absolutely FREE regardless of weight or size.

Shipping to APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands is an additional charge.

That doesn't say anything other APOs. You should check with AM. It may cost a boat load of money.
Shipping Policy - AmericanMuscle.com

Shipping to an APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, or Canada is available at normal rates.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Same page:

All packages destined for APO/FPO addresses will ship via USPS, regardless of weight. APO/FPO orders can take up to 2 months to be delivered. Please contact us if your order takes longer than that to arrive. Packages shipping to Guam and US Virgin Islands ship USPS. USPS shipments have a 70lb weight limit per package. If you are unsure of the weight of an item, please contact us.

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Shipping Policy - AmericanMuscle.com

Shipping to an APO/FPO, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, or Canada is available at normal rates.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Same page:

All packages destined for APO/FPO addresses will ship via USPS, regardless of weight. APO/FPO orders can take up to 2 months to be delivered. Please contact us if your order takes longer than that to arrive. Packages shipping to Guam and US Virgin Islands ship USPS. USPS shipments have a 70lb weight limit per package. If you are unsure of the weight of an item, please contact us.

Should not matter with an APO/AE address. Already talked with them. It's like them shipping to California, nothing more. FPO addresses are different because you are shipping to a ship potentially.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

and on, AMs, page, when you go to your shopping cart, if you want to se how much its going to cost you just scroll down and type in the Zip and state, for example for me i was in japan which was APO, AP 96319, I'd type in, 96319 AP and select US, then apply and it'll tell you how much shipping will be to there

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Should not matter with an APO/AE address. Already talked with them. It's like them shipping to California, nothing more. FPO addresses are different because you are shipping to a ship potentially.
APO AE, and APO AP are the same thing basically, the APO part is in Cali, the AP/AE ect. tells them which direction it goes after that, I think AE is the europe area and AP is pacific then theres APO AA

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

AE (ZIPs 09xxx) for Armed Forces Europe which includes Canada, Middle East, and Africa
AP (ZIPs 962xx - 966xx) for Armed Forces Pacific
AA (ZIPs 340xx) for Armed Forces (Central and South) Americas

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
and on, AMs, page, when you go to your shopping cart, if you want to se how much its going to cost you just scroll down and type in the Zip and state, for example for me i was in japan which was APO, AP 96319, I'd type in, 96319 AP and select US, then apply and it'll tell you how much shipping will be to there

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

APO AE, and APO AP are the same thing basically, the APO part is in Cali, the AP/AE ect. tells them which direction it goes after that, I think AE is the europe area and AP is pacific then theres APO AA

That's correct. All I know is that I just got back from a deployment in the Middle East and I never paid a penny more when ordering things from Amazon, etc.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I never did either while i was in Japan or SK

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never did either while i was in Japan or SK

Of course... I am a mechanic on C-17s... And know people haha ; )
Old 12-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I was only ever backshop, never got to work flightline, the closest i got was in SK, with the A-10s, I worked on the A-10s, F-16s and 15s. The 16s were cake, because most of that plane is still under waranty lol

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was only ever backshop, never got to work flightline, the closest i got was in SK, with the A-10s, I worked on the A-10s, F-16s and 15s. The 16s were cake, because most of that plane is still under waranty lol

Haha nice. Well 16s weren't cake for us! Spent way too many 12+ hour shifts on that pos. I worked 15s, 16s and now 17s. C-17s are a joke maintenance wise. Such a good airplane.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Thats what I always heard about them, I wanted to go work on them or 130s, granted the 130s I was told are a ****ton of work. One I was told I definately wanted to stay away from was the B-1, I heard it's a complete hydraulic nightmare. Lucky for you crewchiefs don't deal with the hydro parts on the B-1 (last I heard anyway)

LCMC Member
Old 12-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats what I always heard about them, I wanted to go work on them or 130s, granted the 130s I was told are a ****ton of work. One I was told I definately wanted to stay away from was the B-1, I heard it's a complete hydraulic nightmare. Lucky for you crewchiefs don't deal with the hydro parts on the B-1 (last I heard anyway)

Yeah, the B-1 is the biggest waste of money the government has ever spent. I was talking to some B-1 guys on my last deployment and they said they have to launch three airplanes just to get one in the air. Two out of three will break before they take off lol. Yeah, they have hydro troops.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm pretty sure jayman33 is stationed in Germany. He is one of the owners of Hypermotive. He has his boss over there and he can get you parts while you are over there as well
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, the B-1 is the biggest waste of money the government has ever spent. I was talking to some B-1 guys on my last deployment and they said they have to launch three airplanes just to get one in the air. Two out of three will break before they take off lol. Yeah, they have hydro troops.
Wow, that I'd never heard before, lmao. Thats pretty bad

LCMC Member

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion