Exhaust question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Exhaust question?

I'd like to add an exhaust. If I use a Ford or Ford Racing product, will I retain my warranty? Any recommendations on an exhaust that has a low grumble, low cost, and not too loud? Also, I need to pass an annual emissions inspection in Virginia. Thanks for any tips.

2013gt5.0auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Region: Georgia
Don't worry about the warranty in changing the exhaust everything else will still be covered. I went with the GT500 axlebacks (M-5230-Mgtca1). Very nice sound, the tone is awesome and they are loud enough without being too loud. They can be done easily with jack stands in your garage/driveway just remember to loosen the mid-pipes when installing.

smiitybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Connecticut
Unless you touch the cats you shouldn't have any warranty issues. On the same token you won't gain any extra power from changing the exhaust unless you remove the cats so based on that go with what sounds the best to you. Spend some time on youtube.
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Automatic

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Don't worry about the warranty with Axlebacks, I just had an Axleback installed yesterday. I am also in VA, you will pass emissions with an aftermarket Axleback. I have the RTR exhaust. A bit pricey, but it was a Christmas gift. Low deep rumble, some drone around 70, and wakes up when you put the gas down even slightly. Plenty of other great choices, the ones I considered were FR GT500's, Roush, Flowmaster American Thunder, and the RTR's.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Region: New Jersey
As long as you don't mess with the cats you'll pass visual. A better axleback will free up a few HP and will sound a ton better but don't expect to light the world on fire.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Exhaust question?

I'm looking to get the same ones for my '14 GT. The (M-5230-Mgtca1) What's a good place to get them @ for the best price?
GT Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
Here is the Steeda unit ... let me know your thoughts:

Steeda 2011-14 Mustang 5.0L GT Axle-Back Exhaust Sound Clip - YouTube

Best Regards,

Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion