New LED dome bulbs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #1

Region: California
New LED dome bulbs

I just put in T10 LED's bulbs in the dome light but since doing that the car alarm (stock unit) has gone off 3x for no reason, just walking away from the car after pushing the lock button on the key fob. At first I thought I had pushed the panic button by mistake, this seems odd to me and I'm not sure those LED's bulbs have anything to do with this? But, this didn't happen with the stock yellow bulbs, before putting those back in does anyone have ideas?
Any advice would be appreciated..
tmas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I've got LED dome lights. No such issues. I'm not even sure how dome lights could be causing that...
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
maybe your key fob went stupid? my unlock button has to be pressed a couple times every once in a while before it decides to work.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmas777 View Post
I just put in T10 LED's bulbs in the dome light but since doing that the car alarm (stock unit) has gone off 3x for no reason, just walking away from the car after pushing the lock button on the key fob. At first I thought I had pushed the panic button by mistake, this seems odd to me and I'm not sure those LED's bulbs have anything to do with this? But, this didn't happen with the stock yellow bulbs, before putting those back in does anyone have ideas?
Any advice would be appreciated..
I don't have any advice, but what bulbs did you get? Voltage? Dimming?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #5

Dome lights

12v 20 LED bulbs, replacement for the 168 yellow bulbs... Since putting back the yellow bulbs the alarm hasn't gone off.... I think those LED's (cheap Chinese crap) give the car the idea those are still on therefore causing the false alarms, could buy some resistors to modify but think I will just keep the factory bulbs and be done with it....
tmas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I think AM sales replacements. But I'm not sure how good they are.
Bodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Weird, nothing like that has happened to mine when I changed them. Have you tried taking them out and putting them back in?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Another idea is to use filter paper or paint on the lens. So the filter will capture all the light EXCEPT the filter, and that's what you see in the car. Was planning that until I lost a lens....

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i got my dome light off carid.com. they havnt given me any trouble

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

i think it cost like $30 though
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Put the stock bulbs back in and see if the problem with the alarm setting off is resolved. It may be that the dome lights are in some way part of the alarm circuit. When the dome lights shut off, the alarm activates. In the case of LED bulbs, their resistance is much lower then a conventional filiment bulb, so that in some way may be confusing the alarm circuit.

On the 2004 to 2009 Ford F150's, folks were installing LED bulbs in their taillights, and this disabled the cruise control, as the cruise control circuit monitored the brake lights to activate/deactivate the cruise. Load resisters were required for taillights with LED's to compensate for the LED's lower resistance.

Just a guess though, as others here have already stated that they have installed LED's in the upper console without an issue. Maybe their LED bulbs had load resisters built in?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've had led dome lights since almost day one on a 2013 and no issues
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Get raxiom (I think that's how u spell it) off of americanmuscle.com I got them and omg do they make my car inside so much brighter! No complaints. Raxiom is great. No problems what so ever. Not being a fan boy but I will always buy from them.
austin0324baird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #13

I got some LEDs for $2.20 for 2. Their Chinese and work great! No problems with alarms and they fade like the stock ones, much brighter too. AM wanted like 30 bucks or so, no frickin way!
trustyrusty436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
I got some LEDs for $2.20 for 2. Their Chinese and work great! No problems with alarms and they fade like the stock ones, much brighter too. AM wanted like 30 bucks or so, no frickin way!

Get watcha pay for just wait a while. Might work now. Give it time! Just a thought next time!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin0324baird View Post
Get watcha pay for just wait a while. Might work now. Give it time! Just a thought next time!
Where is it you think AM gets theirs form? Yeah I got what I payed for LEDs at a realistic price. Most all that stuff come for China, and they work fine. Paying a premium price does not guarantee better quality what so ever,but if it makes you happy go for it!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
Where is it you think AM gets theirs form? Yeah I got what I payed for LEDs at a realistic price. Most all that stuff come for China, and they work fine. Paying a premium price does not guarantee better quality what so ever,but if it makes you happy go for it!

:'D haha ok... Well good job u found some that work buddy! proud of u. But I'll never buy from china. To cheap. And the quality doesn't shine. Unless it's expensive. Come back and say this in a year or 2! Raxiom is amazing. They sell any kind of led lights. Backed up by a 2 year warranty. So I'll trust them over some sweat shop in china who made urs MERICA!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #17

Quote:
:'D haha ok... Well good job u found some that work buddy! proud of u. But I'll never buy from china. To cheap. And the quality doesn't shine. Unless it's expensive. Come back and say this in a year or 2! Raxiom is amazing. They sell any kind of led lights. Backed up by a 2 year warranty. So I'll trust them over some sweat shop in china who made urs MERICA!
Well you should be happy then, because for what AM sells them for is like paying $350,000 for a new v6 Mustang! So you go guy, also you should go through your stuff and check for thing made in China. You'll likely be surprised how much you have. Mine are like the ones in the AM pic. just brighter, and their still working just fine, plus I saved 30 buck on them!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
When I had my old stang I bought some brighter headlight bulbs on eBay from China. They lasted me a good 10 years before one went out. Good deal for $18. Haha.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine from superbrightled.com
They work fine but sometimes one light is kinda flashy
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #20

Try to find an error free one...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Quote:
Get raxiom (I think that's how u spell it) off of americanmuscle.com I got them and omg do they make my car inside so much brighter! No complaints. Raxiom is great. No problems what so ever. Not being a fan boy but I will always buy from them.
Quote:
Interesting topic. Heres a set of Raxiom headlights that just came in....for what it's worth to anyone, heres a few photos. You guessed it, made in Taiwan..Republic of China. Sorry, but many things come from China. Proof is in the product.. "sweat shop" made or not, it's what we are getting as consumers. And yes, these are from Americanmuscle.com

Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
Interesting topic. Heres a set of Raxiom headlights that just came in....for what it's worth to anyone, heres a few photos. You guessed it, made in Taiwan..Republic of China. Sorry, but many things come from China. Proof is in the product.. "sweat shop" made or not, it's what we are getting as consumers. And yes, these are from Americanmuscle.com

But their from americanmuscle.com and not from some off brand website. And a 2 year warranty. Soooo yea. That was kinda my point not that just cuz they r made there they suck. I was saying anything decent isn't gunna cost $3 or whatever.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

That's just a little different than replacing a bulb in the dome light.

At least, I hope that's not being mounted to your ceiling...lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion