JLT Oil Separator - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
JLT Oil Separator

I was wondering if the JLT Oil Separator is different between the 5.0 and the 3.7 because I have some amazon gift cards from Christmas and it seems they only sell the 5.0/GT500 version.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
NO- It won't fit

The catch can is the same but the JLT comes with the genuine Ford hoses already to plug in to your 3.7 V6
The difference is in the hoses and not the catch can so if you want to cut your factory hoses you can do that.
American Muscle has a video on the catch can if you look up JLT catch cans on their site.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

I have the 3.7L model. It has the hoses already angled for plug and play. Installation took 30secs.
Anything can be fabricated. But it will take longer than 30secs.
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post
I have the 3.7L model. It has the hoses already angled for plug and play. Installation took 30secs.
Anything can be fabricated. But it will take longer than 30secs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388773375.493371.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	143665
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The one for the 3.7 V6 looks like this :::

As you can see, It just plugs in when you remove the standard hose. The JLT for the V8 will just have different hose connected to it.
Ronnie
Old 01-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Would the clamps be different? The picture on amazon looks like it has the same tubes and orientation as the regular 3.7 model and not the longer ones that would be on the 5.0 and GT500
Old 01-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Would the clamps be different? The picture on amazon looks like it has the same tubes and orientation as the regular 3.7 model and not the longer ones that would be on the 5.0 and GT500
You cant ever trust a picture, the issue is the hoses are stiff preformed tech-poly materials. If the tech specs say they fit a 5.0 , they are not going to fit a 3.7. The reason the JLT is a plug and play is they are exact ford hoses for the engine you select. The items that sell for $60 you have to fart around with flexible rubber hoses that leak, cause vacume leaks, and could cause engine damage. Get the correct JLT product formed poly stiff hoses for your 3.7. Dont duck around as the duck commander would say.

Many websites will say pictures shown in the shopping cart are from manufactures and may not truly represent the product you will receive [based on the specs declared in the specifications sections]
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The picture I showed you on my last post was:

An actual photograph of my engine. You can look at the hoses and see the way they just replace the stock Ford hose and fit perfect.
I really like the way my JLT just unclips to empty the oil out of it about every 3,000 miles.
That Amazon gift card would be good to hang on to because I don't think they expire like some cards do.
American Muscle has the one you need with free shipping and the forum discount code and depending what state you live in there is no tax.
When you get it, All it takes is 30 seconds to install it.
Ronnie

Here in My area "CASH AMERICA" buys gift cards for cash. I din't know what they charge but I seen a line in front of their store today.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
JLT Oil Separator

The 5.0 has two JLT separators for the engine. One placed on each side of it. Where the 3.7 only has one which I do have. I'm not the smartest man, but judging from the pic, I'm pretty sure that's the one that goes on the driver side of the engine. The passenger side one it's pretty interchangeable for 3.7 & 5.0
But then again. I might be looking at it wrong. I would say go ahead and pic that thang up
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
You could order the one from Amazon and contact JLT. You can buy the correct connectors from them and just replace them.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

All you have to do it cut the stock hose.

All JLT does is use the stock Ford Factory hose and cut the section out they want the catch can to be at and put each end on the hose. It's so easy a caveman can probably do it.
Ronnie
Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
American Muscle will get you the right one with cheapest price, contact them to discuss.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
American Muscle will get you the right one with cheapest price, contact them to discuss.
If only they sold American Muscle gift cards on Amazon
Old 01-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
All JLT does is use the stock Ford Factory hose and cut the section out they want the catch can to be at and put each end on the hose. It's so easy a caveman can probably do it.
Ronnie
It isn't the factory hose for the 3.7. I can't remember which one it is, but I had to call them. That is the other alternative, just call them and get the part number, order it at the dealer and cut it yourself. I think it cost me $15 or less.

Although I think I had to have JLT send me a different fitting for one side, can't remember now.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Both fitting are fine on the stock line

Like I said already, He can cut a piece out of his stock hose and it will be fine. Just measure three or four times and then cut it.
Ronnie
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Like I said already, He can cut a piece out of his stock hose and it will be fine. Just measure three or four times and then cut it.
Ronnie
The stock hose has the wrong angles on it once you cut it. I tried, and after that called JLT and they told me that you have to order a different tube for it to work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion