SR air intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
SR air intake

Does anyone know much or in the case anything at all about the SR air intake for our 3.7s. I noticed American muscle had them for a pretty reasonable price but I wasn't to familiar with the brand. So just looking for some feedback or knowledge about these. Thanks.
Big_red502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Looks like BBK is making it for them. Nearly identical except all black.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubi351 View Post
Looks like BBK is making it for them. Nearly identical except all black.

Would you think it's a good product?
Big_red502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I personally can not see it being any better or worse than any of the other CAIs out there. I have the K&N(got it stupid cheap) and could feel a little bit better part throttle acceleration but other than more noise, not a significant improvement. Money would be better spent on a tune unless your concerned about voiding a warranty.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_red502 View Post
Does anyone know much or in the case anything at all about the SR air intake for our 3.7s. I noticed American muscle had them for a pretty reasonable price but I wasn't to familiar with the brand. So just looking for some feedback or knowledge about these. Thanks.
SR Performance definitely makes a great quality product for your Mustang and their main goal is to bring them to you at an affordable price. SR makes engine mods and Suspension mods, anything from Throttle Bodies to Control arms! I currently run the SR lower control arms on my 2011 GT and have had great results. My cars been down the track a couple hundred times and they've held up great and definitely performed well!

As far as the intakes go, they're right on par with everybody else. All cold air intakes are going to make within a few horsepower of each other. I always recommend just getting what Intake looks the best to you and is in your budget! I'm confident you'll be very happy with the SR Performance cold air intake. I would recommend pairing it together with a Bama custom tune if you want to see the biggest gains! That will pull everything together and let the car know how much air your intake is pulling in now and make the most out of your Mustang. You could see gains up to 25-30RWHP from a CAI and Tune on a 2011+ V6!

Hope this helps. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Word on the street is the SR CAIs rust pretty fast. I know the BBK unit I had in my 95 crudded up on me and that was not driven in the weather very much either. If BBK is making the SR stuff as an "off brand" then I'd stay away. The fit/finish of my BBK piece was not great either.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had an SR intake on my old 3.8 V6. It rusted up very fast. Like within 10-12 months it was flaking big time. But it does function, no leaks. Came with all the hardware, and fit up real nice. I've got no experience with the intake for a 3.7. It might be different now.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I had an SR intake on my old 3.8 V6. It rusted up very fast. Like within 10-12 months it was flaking big time. But it does function, no leaks. Came with all the hardware, and fit up real nice. I've got no experience with the intake for a 3.7. It might be different now.
My cone fell off even with the clamps tightened as much as I could
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
As with anything in life, you get what you pay for. The JLT is the best, I've got a C&L elbow to a custom heatshield right now. I'll be getting a JLT when I drop the Tork Tech on top of this biotch tho.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion