Please Help !!! Throttle body - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
Please Help !!! Throttle body

Hello guys, I am helping my buddy who he and I are fairly young and love cars we are 16 and We are rebuilding his mustang from the ground up It is a 1995 Mustang Gt 5.0. We wanted to do a 351 swap with a .040 inch overbore, but the problem is I cannot find a throttle body for a 351 anywhere I though since the more cubes we had then the more she needed to breath for more power. I looked at 75 mm throttle bodys, but they were for,5.0s,4.6s, and stuff like that would a 5.0 75mm throttle body work or what should I do ? I looked around the thread, but could not find anything to help. If you guys know of anywhere I could get one or just enlighten me with knowledge I will be willing to learn.
Overbeck1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbeck1997 View Post
Hello guys, I am helping my buddy who he and I are fairly young and love cars we are 16 and We are rebuilding his mustang from the ground up It is a 1995 Mustang Gt 5.0. We wanted to do a 351 swap with a .040 inch overbore, but the problem is I cannot find a throttle body for a 351 anywhere I though since the more cubes we had then the more she needed to breath for more power. I looked at 75 mm throttle bodys, but they were for,5.0s,4.6s, and stuff like that would a 5.0 75mm throttle body work or what should I do ? I looked around the thread, but could not find anything to help. If you guys know of anywhere I could get one or just enlighten me with knowledge I will be willing to learn.
If its going to be a mass air then the 5.0 throttle body's work with the upper intake the 351w can use the same heads and upper intake as a 5.0 the deck height is higher and wider on the 351 so the lowers the only differents
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
351 Windsor or Cleveland ? If it's a Cleavland I'd take the Heads & Put them on the 5.0 / 302 with an Explorer GT40 Intake with a 75mm Throttle Body & 90mm MAF & have me a Nice Boss 302 with just the right street power. Put Cleveland Heads on a 5.0 with a good cam & you now have the Boss 302.
I'm currently doing my 94 with GT40 Heads & Intake with a E303 Cam which pretty much makes it a cobra.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
351 Windsor or Cleveland ? If it's a Cleavland I'd take the Heads & Put them on the 5.0 / 302 with an Explorer GT40 Intake with a 75mm Throttle Body & 90mm MAF & have me a Nice Boss 302 with just the right street power. Put Cleveland Heads on a 5.0 with a good cam & you now have the Boss 302.
I'm currently doing my 94 with GT40 Heads & Intake with a E303 Cam which pretty much makes it a cobra.
I wouldn't waste my time putting Cleveland heads on a 302 your better off with some gt40s like your doing
Old 01-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #5

It is a Windsor block that we are putting into it, So we could just get a 5.0 75 mm throttlebody and it would go on good then ? And what do you mean by lower is the only difference Dusty ?
Old 01-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbeck1997 View Post
It is a Windsor block that we are putting into it, So we could just get a 5.0 75 mm throttlebody and it would go on good then ? And what do you mean by lower is the only difference Dusty ?
I mean on the lower if you look on jegs let's say you can just buy a edelbrock lower just an example I have a edelbrock rpm II upper and lower intake on my 5.0 right now I could just buy the lower from jegs and use the upper intake from my 5.0 on a 351w build so yes a 75mm throttle body for a 5.0 will work
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #7

Thanks guys for the help !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion