V6 Mustang gas mileage - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
I am now at 21,000 miles - got it with 14,000. Anyway, I live in Atlanta and my commute is only about 4 miles each way. I am a construction manager so it is not unusual to go to a few jobs a week. These are generally 10-15 miles away and I will be on the interstate at some point going 70-80 mph, depending on traffic conditions. Typically I am right around 20 mpg, lowest is just under 19 and the highest I have seen is about 28 on the road. I have yet to hit 30 mpg on a road trip - which disappoints me a bit after seeing what some others are getting. I typically use cruise control at about 74 mph. Car is totally stock with 2.73 rear end. Suggestions are appreciated.

That sound good to me
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
I am now at 21,000 miles - got it with 14,000. Anyway, I live in Atlanta and my commute is only about 4 miles each way. I am a construction manager so it is not unusual to go to a few jobs a week. These are generally 10-15 miles away and I will be on the interstate at some point going 70-80 mph, depending on traffic conditions. Typically I am right around 20 mpg, lowest is just under 19 and the highest I have seen is about 28 on the road. I have yet to hit 30 mpg on a road trip - which disappoints me a bit after seeing what some others are getting. I typically use cruise control at about 74 mph. Car is totally stock with 2.73 rear end. Suggestions are appreciated.

What year is your car? And what are you wanting?
PRoss.20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoss.20 View Post
I love my v6 as well, but I just hate how there aren't near as many mods for v6's as there are for GT's. Also you get lower gains from each mod you put on. If I could afford buying a GT right now I would. I stopped putting money into my car besides just in maintenance so I can use it until I finish college and can afford a GT.
How so? About equal if not more for the v6. Simply because you can upgrade rear end, etc to a gt's on the v6.

My GT would walk my 6, but at the end of the day I have a saddened heart about getting rid of my v6. I loved it and had TONS of fun in it.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Yea it sounds pretty good... I dunno I just seems like something is off with the gas. Btw I run 87 and synthetic blend oil changes. I hear so many things to make our car quick or feel quicker I don't know where to start... People say get 4:10's or tloc or gt 8.8 rear end so both my wheels will spin and I hear tune it also. Where should I start ?
Start with a tune. You can't have a new rear end without a custom tune for it. A tune is the starting point for literally like everything. Lol. Plus the gain for it are immense when compared to other bolt ons. I can't wait til I pull my tuner over to my new GT. Mmmm

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 01-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Start with a tune. You can't have a new rear end without a custom tune for it. A tune is the starting point for literally like everything. Lol. Plus the gain for it are immense when compared to other bolt ons. I can't wait til I pull my tuner over to my new GT. Mmmm

Thanks man deff going after the tuner next... I didn't know u needed one for a rear end
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Thanks man deff going after the tuner next... I didn't know u needed one for a rear end
I know 100% for gears you do. I would think with rear end you would. Plus you'll want some extra power to carry around that heavier 8.8

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
What year is your car? And what are you wanting?
Mine is 2013, as it says in my signature.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #78

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Mine is 2013, as it says in my signature.

It didn't show your signature..
ahhhitsvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
2013 V6 base, 3.31 rear, 6spd manual. Bought new last September, have about 23,000 miles on it now. Bone stock except for the winter tires on it, which are a necessity living in Fairbanks, AK.

My 'commute' is my sales route and is completely in town, about 50 miles of driving, except for one day of the week where I go out of town 150 miles round trip on a 2 lane road with no traffic and no signals.

In town in summer I average around 22-23mpg if I short shift at 2000rpm and take the effort to drive conservatively. If I'm having a bit more fun or get careless, it'll quickly and easily dive in to the high teen's (18-19 or worse). On the out of town day, I average 32-34mpg at a steady 55-60mph in summer. In winter, subtract 3-5mpg.

A tune that gets only 2mpg better would pay for itself in less than a year for me, so that's on the list to get with my tax return. If I can't afford a second set of wheels this summer, I'm going to try a set of low rolling resistance (LRR) tires and see if I can get an improvement there too.

FWIW, I did the math, and if I had bought a Prius C instead of a Mustang like I had planned to I would have saved about $2700 in gas alone since I bought the car in September 2012. But then I'd be stuck driving a Prius...
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You made a good choice with the mustang, but if you get a tuner grab a tuner and CAI from AM and you'll get some extra mpg and some horsepower plus it's a better deal and you'll be happy with the results!

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
You made a good choice with the mustang, but if you get a tuner grab a tuner and CAI from AM and you'll get some extra mpg and some horsepower plus it's a better deal and you'll be happy with the results!

I meant the tuner and CAI bundle not separately, it's a better deal! :p
PRoss.20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #81
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vin-diesel-meme.jpg
Views:	10606
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	146470  
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
v6 mustang