Repair exhaust hangers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Repair exhaust hangers?

The shop that installed my roush axlebacks cut 2 of the exhaust hangers off one of my stock mufflers when they removed them. Why? i don't know.

Anyhow I'm gona need to put the stocks back on in a few months to just for a day to pass inspection (only allowed 95db in Germany). I failed with the roush at 100 db last year. I found a way around it but I need to be prepared to go stock next time.

I'm sure they can be welded back on but my question is do you think JB Weld or Loctite epoxy weld will do the trick?

I only need to pass one more inspection before I go back to the states and throw away the stock mufflers.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I would take them back,ask them why they did that when it wasn't required and then demand (in a polite manner) that they repair them because you need to put them back on. On a side note....why did you take your car to a shop to do a axleback install?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I would take them back,ask them why they did that when it wasn't required and then demand (in a polite manner) that they repair them because you need to put them back on. On a side note....why did you take your car to a shop to do a axleback install?
Sorry I should have mentioned I had a shop in the states do the install before I shipped the car over here. At the time someone recommended the shop. Install was 40 bucks and most of my tools were packed getting ready to come over here.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I doubt JB weld or gluing it back together will work.
Take it down to the local SchweiBer, they'll fix you right up.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I doubt JB weld or gluing it back together will work.
Take it down to the local SchweiBer, they'll fix you right up.
Thanks yeah guess I'll just get them welded.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
This is very ricer like and I wouldn't do it but it may work for what you need to do.

DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Or, since this is temporary anyhow, just hang them back up with baling wire.
Haha. Old school!!!
Nobody said it had to be pretty...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Or, since this is temporary anyhow, just hang them back up with baling wire.
Haha. Old school!!!
Nobody said it had to be pretty...
lol maybe. thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust